Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did your external bell activate when you did that?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭churchtown2012

ckinane would you get more help if you started your own post

thanks koolkid for help i managed to zone the backdoor to zone 8 (kitchen) and works perfect.....
    now that i have zone 3 as the garage im getting tamper fault on the keyboard
    can anyone give me a diagram of the wiring for zone 3 and a diagram for the wiring of the pir i must be wrong somewhere but saying that the pir is actually working ie setting off alarm
    thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the garage & zone 3 2 separate zones?
    Are you getting tampers on both.?
    Take a look at this
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6sJTuagSI_iOWRhODkwM2MtZjY3Ny00MjQ0LTgwOGMtYmNhZWY5NGNhNjQ4

hi koolkid i manage to free up zone 3 as you described(many thanks)
    so i want to put the garage pir on zone 3 now
    the pir is still wired the way that thunderbirds first reply stated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Possibly the resistors are wrong. Do you have a multi meter?

i do indeed..and 1 other thing,on the alarm panel can i get power from zone 3 without the need of the aux + -

i do indeed..and 1 other thing,on the alarm panel can i get power from zone 3 without the need of the aux + -

Meter out the pair for that zone it should read 4k7 when closed & 9k4 when open . If not try the connection into the other side of the tamper or close the tamper off.
    You get get power from the zone , but you can common the negative from the power & the negative side of the zone.

thanks koolkid for all your help will try it tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Blue and yellow into your alarm terminals at the panel and set zone hardware for the zone to dual Eol

• Advertisement
Advertisement