Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best of cheaper perfumes

• 11-12-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

So, is it possible to get something quite decent for less money than 30 or 40 euro?

I read an article that mentioned the Lidl perfume being excellent but haven't tried it yet myself.

Anybody got any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Big thread here on the Lidl dupe for Chanel http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056716525

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I was in mccabes pharmacy on Sunday and they had a lovely Lancôme one on offer for 22 about. Offer was exclusive to that chain. Also in boots there was a Burberry one for 17. Sorry I don't remember specific names!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

I'm a huge fan of Next and Marks and Spencer's perfume. All under 20 euro and the red bottles in particular are gorgeous, I always get compliments when I wear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Thanks everyone. I tried the Essence perfumes. I love the sweet candy by prada except it's a little too sweet and thought that Essence had one that was similar but nice, but it is wrank!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I actually picked up that lidl chanel dupe today, it's not bad...grand for every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Molton Brown do some lovely scents, not too sure on the prices in general sale, but they have great offers at the outlet store in the Kildare Village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I quite like the Beyonce Heat perfume, as celebrity perfumes go i think its one of the nicest. I've seen it in my local pharmacy for around 20 euro

A couple of Avon ones are nice, and very reasonable.

Boots have great offers though, especially this time of year.

Went in to investigate the Lidl one today. They only had the suddenly madame glamour body lotion and shower gel as a gift pack for 5.99 but going by the lotion I wouldn't like the perfume at all anyway

Will try out the others you suggested though!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Doof!

+1 on Beyonce's range of perfumes. I actually find the scent to be quite long lasting, especially when sprayed directly onto clothes rather than skin and they tend to retail at about €20-€25. Also found Halle Berry's perfume range good value too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Got a whiff of the lidl one for the 1st time this week and I'd deffo pick it up if I ran out of chanel to tie me over. It is nice. Actually saw this site on a thread earlier http://www.magees.ie/ huge selection of cheap perfumes

Love Beyonce heat too, really spicy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Cabotine de Gres mustn't be very popular, I always find it discounted at a great price, and it's a gorgeous grassy/flowery perfume. (little roundy bottle with green flower on top)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Definitely the Lidl Suddenly Madame Glamour dupe of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. I have both the Coco Chanel one and the Lidl one. Can't tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

Theres a new "suddenly" out, Its called Suddenly WOMAN 1, bought it yesterday in LIDL Coolock for €3.99, not sure what this one is a dupe for but I'm loving it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Lush gorilla perfume, soild stick which last over 6 months for 5-7 euro.
    https://www.lush.co.uk/category/197

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Milton Lloyd is a company that do great quality dupes of high end perfumes.

List and review available here:

http://totalmakeupaddict.blogspot.ie/2012/05/dupe-alert-miss-tutu-perfume-v-chanel.html

I have a few and would def recommend. Can be tricky enough to find them though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I never buy myself expensive perfumes! I'm happy to get them as a gift but the rest of the time I swear by Next perfumes. They're absolutely gorgeous, and all knock-offs of well-known brands. My favourite is Just Pink, which is a copy of Ralph Lauren Romance. They also have another one that's just like Emporio Armani. The bottles start at €8.

Tried the Beyonce Heat perfume today and while I can see why it has been recommended as it's not bad for the price it's not one I'd go for myself.

Tried the Lush solid sticks and perfumes as well and have to say at the price I'm pretty impressed. Going back to try on a couple again to see if I still like them and will check out the Next and Marks and Spencers range after that...

Getting there! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

I never buy myself expensive perfumes! I'm happy to get them as a gift but the rest of the time I swear by Next perfumes. They're absolutely gorgeous, and all knock-offs of well-known brands. My favourite is Just Pink, which is a copy of Ralph Lauren Romance. They also have another one that's just like Emporio Armani. The bottles start at €8.

Yep, love Next perfumes! I find it a complete waste to spend a lot of money on perfume now after discovering their perfumes along with M&S.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

INIS... I love it..

I've been wearing it since I was 15... that's a long time :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Boots are selling Calvin Klein One at the minute for €14.99. Gorgeous fresh scent and great price. Definitely will make a friend happy this Christmas when they unwrap one!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Isolt wrote: »
    Boots are selling Calvin Klein One at the minute for €14.99. Gorgeous fresh scent and great price. Definitely will make a friend happy this Christmas when they unwrap one!

They also have a nice Versace one, can't remember the name but it's only 17.99... grand gift for someone this Xmas :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker is... lovely! Reasonably priced too, it's my in between when I run out of my favourites. It's quite sweet but that's what I like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

essence have perfumes now for like 8 euro and smaller bottles for like 3, girls night out smells like britney spears midnight , and the candy shop is lovely too , the staying power is ok but does wear off after a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

ennis81 wrote: »
    Theres a new "suddenly" out, Its called Suddenly WOMAN 1, bought it yesterday in LIDL Coolock for €3.99, not sure what this one is a dupe for but I'm loving it ;)
    They only had testers for the Woman 1 in the lidl that I was in today. It is def a dupe for Chanel no. 5 and a very good one too. If they had any in stock I would have bought a few. Real bargain at 3.99.

essence have perfumes now for like 8 euro and smaller bottles for like 3, girls night out smells like britney spears midnight , and the candy shop is lovely too , the staying power is ok but does wear off after a few hours.

I mentioned that one in an earlier post. I don't know, it smells too child like for me and like you said it wears off very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I LOVE "Midnight Fantasy" by Britney Spears....it's just gorgeous! Amor Amor is fab as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

xzanti wrote: »
    INIS... I love it..

I've been wearing it since I was 15... that's a long time :D;)

Now THAT'S a long lasting perfume... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I love Rare Pearls from Avon! It's usually the only one I wear day to day. It's generally €15 but the odd time they have a deal where you can get two bottles for €15. I have loads of bottles because of this deal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Definitely agree with the above, Next perfumes are well worth taking a look at.

Their 'Milan' one is an exact replica of DKNY Be Delicious, both of which I have and cannot tell the difference. They come in lovely little bottles too!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NaNaNa1

I love Christina Agulara's perfume and Lou Lou. I also oddly adore the new 007 mens perfume. It just has the most amazing smell....
    I got a bottle of Viva La Juicy by Juicy Coture this week for €40 on sale and I am thrilled with myself! It smells beautiful!

Definitely agree with the above, Next perfumes are well worth taking a look at.

Their 'Milan' one is an exact replica of DKNY Be Delicious, both of which I have and cannot tell the difference. They come in lovely little bottles too!

I sincerely hope you are right! I tried the M&S ones yesterday, and again they were not for me. The downside to this whole lark is that I found the almost perfect one and of course it is massively expensive. I hope Next can save me! Going there this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Thanks for the tip about the Next version Of Ralph Lauren Romance ibarelycare, I really like that perfume (even though I've never owned my own bottle)so will be looking out for that when I'm in Next.

One I only smelt recently and have fallen in love with is Thierry Mugler "Flowerbomb"
    http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/523/444/373/100ml-pink-viktor-rolf-flowerbomb-perfume-flower-bomb-87fb.jpg

It is completely out of my price range, was something like 62 euro where I found it, for only a little bottle.:(

Does anybody PLEASE know of a very good dupe for this? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I use Victoria Beckhams perfume for just going to work, and I love it. Not expensive either, I got a massive bottle from the perfume shop for really cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

pog it wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you are right! I tried the M&S ones yesterday, and again they were not for me. The downside to this whole lark is that I found the almost perfect one and of course it is massively expensive. I hope Next can save me! Going there this evening

Had a tested of the Next Milan perfume yesterday and It was lovely. Resisted and did not buy as I am on a mission for 2013 not to buy any unnecessary toiletries / makeup / skincare / perfumes etc. I could open up my own branch off boots here :D

I have the M&S Autograph New York which I love. Wear it most often off all the perfumes that I have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

One I only smelt recently and have fallen in love with is Thierry Mugler "Flowerbomb"
    http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/523/444/373/100ml-pink-viktor-rolf-flowerbomb-perfume-flower-bomb-87fb.jpg

YES!! I love this one, way to expensive for me too but the scent is magic. Someday :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

If definitely recommend the Christina Aguilera perfumes,especially 'By Night'.

It's smells divine and is usually under the €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Swear by Beckham signature, always complimented when I wear it. Also Christine Aguilera by day is beautiful although the scent tends not to last as long.. Both very cheap typically less than 20 quid

Advertisement