Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Voucher

Options
  • 11-12-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Found a shop voucher in the street. Not sure what to do with it (obviously trying to return it to its rightful owner but not sure the method) so suggestions welcome;

Should it go into the garda station?

I was going to return it to the store its from but who's to say they wont just throw it in the bin and be the richer for it not being redeemed!

Or contact the local media to run it in local announcements?

Please don't suggest I keep and use it myself because that wont happen. I'm a good citizen :):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Sounds suspiciously similar to the one I lost....... ;):D

Sorry I can't be of any more help with course of action you could take but well done for trying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Tweet about it? Or put a notice up in tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Depends on the store. If it's a local run shop, they might remember who bought it? I know Liber keep a list of voucher numbers & who bought them just in case of a situation like yours. The likes of Tir na nOg/Cosgroves/Record Room would know most of their customers & someone came in and said "I lost my voucher...." and you'd said you found one, they'd put two and two together.

If it's one of the larger chain stores, and you're worried that some unscrupulous staff member might keep/destroy it, you could always just pop in and say you found a voucher of theirs in town, you don't have it with you today but leave your contact details incase someone reports theirs as lost?
    Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jameskil

itac wrote: »
    Depends on the store. If it's a local run shop, they might remember who bought it? I know Liber keep a list of voucher numbers & who bought them just in case of a situation like yours. The likes of Tir na nOg/Cosgroves/Record Room would know most of their customers & someone came in and said "I lost my voucher...." and you'd said you found one, they'd put two and two together.

If it's one of the larger chain stores, and you're worried that some unscrupulous staff member might keep/destroy it, you could always just pop in and say you found a voucher of theirs in town, you don't have it with you today but leave your contact details incase someone reports theirs as lost?
    Just a thought!

Yeah I was think ill pop into the store and leave my info and get ocean fm to do an announcement (if they do that sort of thing). Safest bet I think.

Cheers for the replies! Hopefully it will be claimed asap before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jameskil

Sounds suspiciously similar to the one I lost....... ;):D

HaHa!

• Advertisement
Advertisement