Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Cat, Southern Road

Options
  • 11-12-2012 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

A young black cat was found on the Southern Road tonight, injured, having been hit by a car. Does anybody know who its owner might be? Perhaps on Southern Road or on High Street? Anybody with information could PM me please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Hi! You should contact some of the animal rescues and they could put out an appeal. They're all over Facebook; Cork Dog Action Welfare Group (DAWG), Pauline's Rescue, Cork Animal Rescue Organization (CARO) etc...

It's a really effective way of finding the owner!

Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 72Marian

Thanks, Leon, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

And the local vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

And in the Animal and Pet Issues forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055413146

Thanks, tried to do this but something seems to have gone wrong....
    Anyway, the cat is still with us but is nervous and unhappy, and badly needs to be reunited with her owner. (We think it's female, but she/he doesn't want to be touched). Her injured leg is much better today, and we've posted locally, but no response so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 traci doyle

i live in wicklow but my cat is missing ten days and ill look anywhere at this stage http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/lostandfound/4272564

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

72Marian wrote: »
    Thanks, tried to do this but something seems to have gone wrong....
    Anyway, the cat is still with us but is nervous and unhappy, and badly needs to be reunited with her owner. (We think it's female, but she/he doesn't want to be touched). Her injured leg is much better today, and we've posted locally, but no response so far...

If you haven't done so yet, you need to take her to a vet

I use the Cat Hospital on Barnavara Hill (between Riverstown & Mayfield) for my own 4 who offer free checkups by the nurses
    If you need a transport cage, you can rent one out from them too

Mainly:

1) to clean the wound
    2) to check for other less obvious injuries
    3) to check if it's been micro-chipped

Although the likelihood of this situation is that it may have been dumped in the area

Given the circumstances, and the stress it's gone through it takes time for a cat to trust new people,
    but they do come with some patience, they need a quiet area (maybe a bedroom)
    and the likes of a closed off cardboard box from Aldi/Lidl etc... that it can claim as its own and be more relaxed

If you end up keeping it they are cheap to feed and look after, and once they're past the hyper kitten phase make a great friend.

Thank you, Flesh Gorden, I've taken your points on board. Problem with keeping the cat is that we already have a cat who's indicated she'll leave if new cat stays. So, trying to decide what to do.

Advertisement