Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E READER

Options
  • 11-12-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

What's the best E Reader to buy are the all much the same or is the Kindle better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Definitely not all the same.

Try this website(and other stuff on Google).

I recently got the Kindle Paperwhite.

I don't think devices with colour screens make the best e-readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I read many many books on my 3G in 2011-2012. There are a number of good eReader apps. I used Shubooks. You get control over fonts an sizes and I would read white on black where I would soften the black to a dark dark grey and soften the white to off white - to make it comfortable to read.

I have since been given a Kindle Touch and it's great - but it is painfully slow, the functions and software are painfully limited and it's yet another device that has to be carried. I still use my iPhone to read my books a lot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

A lot of eReaders are very good but don't make the mistake of buying a tablet to use as one. If you want to read books - but something with an e-ink screen.

Loads of threads on eReaders here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I have just taken delivery of a Nook Simple touch with glowlight purchased by a mate in the US.

I must say I am extremely taken with it, it's up there with my first ipod in terms of impressiveness.

I don't know if there are or will be any problems with making purchases from B&N, I am aware there used to be, but there are as many vendors out there as you'll ever need and it's very easy to convert different types of e-books to e-pub which is the format preferred by the nook.

The light is easily good enough to read in bed with all other lights off, the e-ink makes reading extremely easy in all conditions, the touch screen and side buttons are to my mind preferable to using the kindle controls (I've only ever tried the kindle in a shop, so I'm not entirely familiar with it though).
    Battery performance is pretty good, 5 hours reading with the light on at full brightness left it at 72%.

Advertisement