Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chinese tablet repair

• 11-12-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Bought a onda v971 dualcore tablet and was very happy with it but I just had to go and mess with the settings.(a little knowlege is a dangerous thing)
    When i restarted i got an error message so i did a factory reset still got the error message but in chinese. so then i decided to reinstall the software which i downloaded from the onda website.the problem i have is when i connect the tablet to the pc it dosent seem to connect.problem finding drivers..
    I would be quite happy at this stage to pay someone to sort it ! if anyone could recommend someone on dublin northside please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

sohappy wrote: »
    Bought a onda v971 dualcore tablet and was very happy with it but I just had to go and mess with the settings.(a little knowlege is a dangerous thing)
    When i restarted i got an error message so i did a factory reset still got the error message but in chinese. so then i decided to reinstall the software which i downloaded from the onda website.the problem i have is when i connect the tablet to the pc it dosent seem to connect.problem finding drivers..
    I would be quite happy at this stage to pay someone to sort it ! if anyone could recommend someone on dublin northside please...

if i could just get back in to the build.prop file in the system folder and reverse the changes i made...
    I have managed to get into settings an change the language back to english.he error im getting when i unlock the pad is..unfortunately launcher has stopped working..this wont allow me access to any
    of the apps.
    I have access to the settings menu ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Is there any sort of recovery mode on this tablet. Have a read over at slatedroid
    http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/401-onda-dual-core-tablets/

This might help taken from slatedroid.
    I downloaded the rar file for the flash upgrade based on my V712 version.

After unpacking the rar file I put the files on to an SD Card and inserted it into the tablet while it was off.

Next I held down the HOME button while pressing the Reset button for 8-10 seconds.
    Keeping the HOME Button down, I them pressed the Power button and held it until I saw the White Android.
    Releasing only the Power button I held the HOME button for 4-5 Seconds longer.

The White Android changed to a Big Green Android with some rotating shape in front of his chest.

30-60 Seconds later I was at the CHINESE instructions for for choosing a Keyboard. I swiped through those and tapped on the last screen as suggested by the CHINESE instructions.

Once back at the home screen I entered the settings and changed the language to English

Advertisement