Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herself :-)

Options
  • 11-12-2012 10:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭

Herself :-) is looking for a boat to plant flowers in in the garden ( not a real one) just a convincing boat shaped planter she has seen a few around howth / malahide in front gardens. Also a few half barrels the oak ones a quite expensive I was wondering are they hard to make say out of treated wood etc Any plans or advise would be very appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi Noel I have plans for my boats that you could copy out the frames onto tracing paper then mark it out on sheets of plywood and cut them out.

021.jpg

Then sheet it in marine ply
    017.jpg

014.jpg
    You could also make the frames smaller so the boat is not as wide.
    012.jpg

It would like this but without the deck. While your at it you might as well build a boat and come boating:D it will look just as good in your garden and if she wants she can put a flower pot on it :D

DSC00708.jpg

The other boat is more of a barrel back with a lot more curves.

2012-03-30200056.jpg

You will not need as many supports and you could also leave out most of the floor if you wanted.

2012-04-20142650.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

I dont have a clue about boats nor will be able to contribute to this but just want to say..... That is some amazing craftsmanship Fergal!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

oak barrels planters here, you would be doin well to make them for less than €35 each http://www.adverts.ie/plants-pots/oak-barrels/2009844

Advertisement