Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy High-Vis Clothing?

Options
  • 11-12-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi.

I was looking for high-vis clothing to buy for when i`m out jogging/running. Aldi had the type of clothing i`m talking about just a few weeks ago. If anyone can tell me where I could buy that type of clothing.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Try ebay or the likes of tresspass or great outdoors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

A quick-fix buy would be a High-Vis vest/bib to throw over your existing clothes. I got a great one for about a tenner in Champion Sports. It's made by Ronhill. Saved me a fortune on high-vis gear.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

running any races in the next few weeks? i ran one two weeks ago and they gave out high viz jackets instead of a t-shirt, given i didn't have one was great for me. know of another race that did similar, so might be the done thing this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Ososlo wrote: »
    A quick-fix buy would be a High-Vis vest/bib to throw over your existing clothes. I got a great one for about a tenner in Champion Sports. It's made by Ronhill. Saved me a fortune on high-vis gear.
    +1 on these. I have 3 or 4 of these as my wife uses them for walking. Ron hill or Hilly Mesh bib it will take 1/2 hour to dry.

15054-220211102504891847858.jpg is the one I use. You must get a mesh one as the other type are like wearing a plastic bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

rom wrote: »
    +1 on these. I have 3 or 4 of these as my wife uses them for walking. Ron hill or Hilly Mesh bib it will take 1/2 hour to dry.

15054-220211102504891847858.jpg is the one I use. You must get a mesh one as the other type are like wearing a plastic bag.

If getting a high-vis, the smaller mesh ones are better. I have worn the bigger ones a couple of times and it's like running with a sail on if its windy.
    I've picked up a couple of high-vis jackets on sale here or there & also have some led bands I wear on my arms at night, whether I have the high-vis on or not.

Something to note though - its the size & amount of reflective strips that will make you stand out to traffic at night, not the fact its bright orange or yellow - that's more useful in daylight conditions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement