Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional drivers licence as ID for nightclubs

Options
  • 11-12-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭

Right so heres the issue, my passport is away being processed, my garda ID got robbed so im left with my Provisional drivers licence, will it do as ID to get into the clubs in dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yep, its definitely ok

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Yep, its definitely ok

you sure ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yep, its definitely ok

No, as it's not an officially recognised form of ID in most clubs. Plenty of places either have issues accepting them or won't at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

It's definitely as legitimate as a Garda ID, if they don't let you in with one, it's because they don't want to let you in.

Jev/N wrote: »
    No, as it's not an officially recognised form of ID in most clubs. Plenty of places either have issues accepting them or won't at all

Why?

Is it easier to forge? Is it easier to acquire with less requirement to prove your bona fides than the Garda ID?

• Advertisement

have any of u got in with one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Right of admission is reserved in every club and club night so they can generally say or do what they want.

Having said that, in my experience drivers' licences are usually at the bottom of the scale of acceptable forms of ID.

Give it a try OP but it's not a guaranteed certainty.

but have people got in with it is what i want to know

I've gotten in clubs and pubs with no ID at all. Neither form of ID guarantees anything - that's Jev/N's point!

alri, well it would be a weeknight , ie wednesday that il be using it, dont suppose that makes a difference compared to a weekend ???

• Advertisement

Maybe you need to put in a call to the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Goose81

Right so heres the issue, my passport is away being processed, my garda ID got robbed so im left with my Provisional drivers licence, will it do as ID to get into the clubs in dublin

Never been refused with a driving licence and dont even have a garda id, you will be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

AltAccount wrote: »
    Maybe you need to put in a call to the club?
    Go to the pound shop and buy a pair of 2euro glasses or borrow a pair from a friend. Bouncers don't generally refuse ppl with glasses for some reason!

Goose81 wrote: »
    Never been refused with a driving licence and dont even have a garda id, you will be grand.

its a provissional though, plan on going 2 the village or warehouse dame lane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The reason places hate Provisional Licenses are because they are so easy to forge/make your own ones, watermarks are widely available to make your own.

Chance your arm, but if you have any other id, like Travel Card/College ID they'd probably help your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The Guards recommend that places only recognise passports and Garda ID, not drivers licences. If a test purchase takes place and an underage person is let in with a drivers licence, the premises may be prosecuted. In saying that, I've been let in with a drivers licence, but its by no means a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

My husband always used to use his provisional license getting into pubs and clubs when we were going to college...was never refused!

yeah, might see how it goes

Advertisement