Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whippet Collars

• 11-12-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know where i can buy a decent collar for my whippet. Preferably somewhere near Dublin.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I buy all my dog's gear from this man, he makes whippet/lurcher collars too, excellent hand made leather, and not at all expensive- http://marwalsh.ie/heading-goes-heregallery.149.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Petbliss in Newtownmountkennedy, Wicklow (about 40mins from Dublin), sell whippet collars. They have an online shop as well as a store you can go into if you want to get the collar fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ra0044

Thanks for the link. They look really good quality. I will give them a call.

Still new to the whippet owners scene so thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Totally off topic but the OP's question has been answered so it might be OK.

I've noticed a massive string of coincidences the last few days and a thread about Whippet/Lurcher collars is the latest :D

Found a lab cross outside our newsagency tonight with its lead dragging along the ground. Sat outside shivering in the bitter cold for 30 minutes with no sign of an owner. We brought it into the warm house and fed it and tried to think of locals who might own it. Anyway, when I was locking up the shop someone pulled up and asked if I had seen a black lab they had lost 2 hours previously. I told them not only had I seen it but it was upstairs in front of a warm fire. They were delighted as was I. A happy ending.

Anyway, I was reminded of the last happy ending. A similar thing happened at the shop with a fawn coloured lurcher a few years ago. I kept it that night, brought it to the vet next day to see whether it was chipped but ultimately had to leave it to the Wicklow Pound. (Gave a donation while I was there) I posted about this in this forum at the time.

A year or so later I got a PM from a lady who reckoned she had adopted the dog I'd found. She had done a google search on Whippet/Lurcher collars and my 'Lurcher Found in Bray' thread appeared in the results. She read my thread, the dates matched and she recognised the pictures I had posted. She had adopted the dog I left at the pound! Sent me pictures of the dog in its new home and basket and out for a walk in the woods with her sheepdog buddy. Lovely happy ending.

I think its mad that I come on the forum for the first time in years to post the story about tonights dog and find a thread on the front page about whippet collars!! :D

Advertisement