Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Film and Tv Production

Options
  • 11-12-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hey all, apologies if this is in the wrong section but I'm in the final year of a media studies course and was wondering do ye think a MA in Film and Tv Production is really necessary? or would it prove more beneficial to use the time trying to get experience?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Experience all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Kate08 wrote: »
    hey all, apologies if this is in the wrong section but I'm in the final year of a media studies course and was wondering do ye think a MA in Film and Tv Production is really necessary? or would it prove more beneficial to use the time trying to get experience?

An MA is not necessary to work in the field at all. Experience is better I'd say.

However an MA could be handy if you wanted to teach as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

I have friends who have released DVD with respected labels and they were self taught from books / learnt from shadowing etc. I do a little dabbling myself from books too. I've made two short films to date.

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

FreezeUp wrote: »
    I have friends who have released DVD with respected labels and they were self taught from books / learnt from shadowing etc. I do a little dabbling myself from books too. I've made two short films to date.
    Exactly, name one good Irish movie from a director with an MA in film production? Waste of time.

Advertisement