Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puredog.co.uk delivery?

• 11-12-2012 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Ordered a Stag Chew for my fella there last Thursday night - got my order confirmation email no problem. Was just wondering if anyone knows their standard delivery times to Ireland, as Ive not had a dispatch email yet and there doesn't seem to be any way to track my order on their website!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Ordered a Stag Chew for my fella there last Thursday night - got my order confirmation email no problem. Was just wondering if anyone knows their standard delivery times to Ireland, as Ive not had a dispatch email yet and there doesn't seem to be any way to track my order on their website!

I seem to remember not getting a dispatch email when I ordered for them. Delivery took just under a week, but it wasn't at Christmas time so maybe allow a few more days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I hope it comes through soon. Just wondering, could you not find them in a shop locally? I got a large from the Connacht gold shop in Westport for €12, which seemed a decent enough price to me, but maybe they're not stocked all around the country in different pet shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

ISDW wrote: »
    I hope it comes through soon. Just wondering, could you not find them in a shop locally? I got a large from the Connacht gold shop in Westport for €12, which seemed a decent enough price to me, but maybe they're not stocked all around the country in different pet shops?

I don't drive, so I can't get to any petshops except when my partner is off work on a Monday. We went to Newry last Monday for a look, but Jollyes is closed down and Pet Connection had literally everything but!

I'm in no rush to get it, Shadow is quite funny with chew things. He loves pig's ears and such, but he literally takes two bites and swallows :rolleyes:
    I've been stuffing his large, heavy duty Kong with a mixture of tinned food and his own dried food and freezing it before I give it to him, but hes already figured out to leave it beside the radiator, then pick it up and throw it to shake all the food out :o

Hopefully a large chunk of antler will pose a challenge :cool:

Edit: I don't know how he feels about rawhide things, he takes them from me, and develops this wild instinct to bury it (he never ever eats them). He doesn't get outside unsupervised, so he'll put it right in the corner of a room on the floor and proceed to"dig" a hole for it, put it in, push the "dirt" back over with his nose (the squeak of his wet nose on the wooden floor is hilarious) and then scratch the "dirt" into place. He looks so upset when we show him we can see it! Hopefully he doesn't see the Stag Chew this way, it was pricey enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Wow, Jollyes in Newry is closed down? glad my nearest one is Enniskillen. Wonder why they closed?

My lot love the stag bars, so hopefully it'll arrive soon, and be a big hit

Wow, Jollyes in Newry is closed down? glad my nearest one is Enniskillen. Wonder why they closed?

My lot love the stag bars, so hopefully it'll arrive soon, and be a big hit

We were going initially to visit Jollyes, because I had heard they often have rat cages in stock and I wanted to do a sneaky and examine the Northern prices before I paid for one in Euros :p
    I assumed it was just closed, but when we headed into Pet Connection, you could see signs falling off the side of the building and everything. No mention of it being closed on their Facebook page. We were thrilled with PC though, have gone again since for a halti for Shadow, and got a mad deal on rattie food!

I'm hoping for a success with the stag bar as well, most of his toys involve throwing, and I definitely don't mind, but there are times (like when cooking the dinner) that you simply can't pick up the used-to-squeak used-to-look-like-a-ball lump of spherical plastic covered in dog drool and throw it down the hall. It would be nice for Shadow to have a "me" toy for a change :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    so he'll put it right in the corner of a room on the floor and proceed to"dig" a hole for it, put it in, push the "dirt" back over with his nose (the squeak of his wet nose on the wooden floor is hilarious) and then scratch the "dirt" into place. He looks so upset when we show him we can see it!

Ozzie does this too, he has zero interest in chewing anything but his blanket. I thought it was really sad the first time I seen it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Jollyes in Newry have moved to a shiny new premises over on the north side of Newry, across the road from the B&Q and McDonald's retail park!
    It's a far better store in terms of space, but they now have animals for sale again, and despite their increased space, their range of stock doesn't seem to have increased hugely. Having said that, it's a while since I was there, maybe 3 months or so.

DBB wrote: »
    Jollyes in Newry have moved to a shiny new premises over on the north side of Newry, across the road from the B&Q and McDonald's retail park!
    It's a far better store in terms of space, but they now have animals for sale again, and despite their increased space, their range of stock doesn't seem to have increased hugely. Having said that, it's a while since I was there, maybe 3 months or so.

Oooh, I see! I hate seeing anything more than fishies for sale in a pet shop really. Was quite impressed with Pet Connection because they had two budgies out of their cages and there was a lovely rabbit running around after the staff. They also vaccinate, which I didn't know was done with store-bought bunnies! Everything I need is there, so I don't think I'd be arsed driving through to find Jollyes, when I can afford the rattie cage I might just see if PC can order one in for me!

Advertisement