Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied languages/Arts

Options
  • 12-12-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

In 6th yr at the moment. Times ticking and I don't know what to put first on my cao: applied languages or arts! Im reat passionate about languages in general especially german and irish though! What are the pros and cons of each course? Which has the better career opportunities/prospects!
    HELP!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If you are really that passionate about languages then go for applied languages. One of the main elements of it is that people doing applied languages have a better chance for going abroad for their co-op (work experience) while a majority do this in Ireland. You would probably also go to a country where the languages you study are spoken for Erasmus (study abroad).

You could probably do the same languages in arts- but you can probably take more language focused modules in AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I'd say go for Applied Languages if it's languages you're into. Most of my friends are in this course and it really suits them all. The focus is on languages from the beginning whereas I think you have to take other subjects in Arts for first year at least. I'm not in Applied Languages but a very similar course (Language, Lit & Film) and if I could go back, I'd probably just go for Applied Languages.

Advertisement