Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Nokia 7230

Options
  • 12-12-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I hope this is the right place, from some older threads I've found it seems it is. My British phone is acting up so I'm trying a phone (Nokia 7230) that has been abandoned by my mother. I would like to unlock it for use over Christmas, is this something that Eircom will help with?

I'm happy to PM details if requested by an Eircom representative.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Oh yes I forgot to mention it's an eMobile phone, which from what I understand is Eircom. I've lost touch a bit with the goings on in Ireland but Wikipedia says it's Eircom.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Oh yes I forgot to mention it's an eMobile phone, which from what I understand is Eircom. I've lost touch a bit with the goings on in Ireland but Wikipedia says it's Eircom.

Hi OfflerCrocGod,

I will be able to unlock the phone for you no problem. You will have to meet certain criteria first. Can you advise if the eMobile phone was bought on Prepaid or on Billpay?

If you PM the imei of the phone and mobile number and pin the phone was bought on I will be able look into this for you.

Grainne

Thank you very much for the reply Grainne, I will PM you those details as soon as I get them, thanks again for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

@OfflerCrocGod the very best of luck. Let's know how you get on....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056765076

Thank you very much for the reply Grainne, I will PM you those details as soon as I get them, thanks again for the reply :)

Hi OfflerCrocGod,

I have received your details and responded to your PM. I will investigate this for you today.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Thank you Grainne :)

Thank you Grainne :)

No problem OfflerCrocGod.

Let me know once you have followed the steps I outlined in the PM and I will be able investigate this for you.

Once you request the code it will take 10 working days for you to receive the code for your phone.

Gráinne

Using the details you sent me I phoned the unlocking department yesterday and they gave me an unlock code for the Nokia.

Unfortunately the unlock code failed to work. The lady I was speaking to did say that she would try to contact Nokia and see if there are other codes for the phone. I'm just waiting for a call from her today.

Using the details you sent me I phoned the unlocking department yesterday and they gave me an unlock code for the Nokia.

Unfortunately the unlock code failed to work. The lady I was speaking to did say that she would try to contact Nokia and see if there are other codes for the phone. I'm just waiting for a call from her today.

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Let me know if you do not get a call back today and I will chase this up for you.

Grainne

Hi,

We haven't received a call today, I realise that with the weekend it's not likely that Nokia would provide any code so I understand if I have to wait until Monday.
    Thanks for getting back to me on this. Let me know if you do not get a call back today and I will chase this up for you.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi,

We haven't received a call today, I realise that with the weekend it's not likely that Nokia would provide any code so I understand if I have to wait until Monday.

Hi OfflerCrocGod,

I will get this investigated for you. With the unlocking code for a phone there is only ever one code available to each handset.

I will check for an update from the unlocking code team and will let you know once I get an update.

Grainne

Hi OfflerCrocGod,

I will get this investigated for you. With the unlocking code for a phone there is only ever one code available to each handset.

I will check for an update from the unlocking code team and will let you know once I get an update.

Grainne
    Hi,

I still haven't received any call, I guess that Nokia aren't too rushed about handing out codes?

Hi,

I still haven't received any call, I guess that Nokia aren't too rushed about handing out codes?

Hi OfflerCrocGod,

I have just sent you a PM with the code that I received for your phone.

Could you advise if this was the number you received.

Grainne

Advertisement