Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC on FX: The Smashes Finale - Norman Parke in LW final

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If i'm wrong i'll be the first to hold my hand up. All i mean by this is i wish he'd take pride in his country NI rather than England
    I think you have the wrong idea altogether. Tbh. I thought it was quite obvious he thinks of himsekf as northern Irish. You off in left field over a single comment.

As for the event, I really enjoyed that.
    Parke dominated. Whitaker looked good.
    Pearson smashed standing.

Nice to see Lombard relax this time and let his hands go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Can we say George Sotoropoluous is one of the most overrated fighters in recent years in the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Pearson just said that during filming, George punched one of Team UKs boxing coaches. The boxing coach then laid George out cold.

He says they all got a screaming from Dana for it.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Pearson just said that during filming, George punched one of Team UKs boxing coaches. The boxing coach then laid George out cold.

Idiot George is. Hopefully he gets released but I don't think he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Any link to that story?

I was annoyed with the plaque presentation being at the post fight presser. It was almost like they forgot after the fight.

Delighted for Norman and Pearson. I'm sure the other finalists will get contracts aswell. Two exciting fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Very much doubt George was knocked out cold.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Jesus Christ Hector looked scary good.
    And the size of the ****. Hope he Sparks Bisping and make Anderson take notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Palhares seems to really panic when he can't get to a leg and then just sort of give up.

• Advertisement

Anyone see Palhares has another excuse for a loss. First, he accused Marquardt of greasing, then he blames his broken foot. Highly doubt the result would have been different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Now, I didn't watch The Smashes, but from what I can gather this fight between Sots & the coach was not mentioned on the show.

Now, what kind of "reality" show doesn't mention something so big? I mean, grand it was off camera, but they ignored it? This makes no sense!

MrStuffins wrote: »

Now, I didn't watch The Smashes, but from what I can gather this fight between Sots & the coach was not mentioned on the show.

Now, what kind of "reality" show doesn't mention something so big? I mean, grand it was off camera, but they ignored it? This makes no sense!
    It's not really the behaviour they want to promote/highlight. If it was a contestant he'd he shown the door immediately. George was lucky he was needed for the finale.
    It may not have been off camera either.

MrStuffins wrote: »

It's not really the behaviour they want to promote/highlight. If it was a contestant he'd he shown the door immediately. George was lucky he was needed for the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »

I knew this would be the answer so I should've pre-empted it.

TUF has had a history of bad behaviour. I mean, the whole point of the show is getting these guys to spend so much time together in a small space and isolated from the outside world that sh*t goes down!

About George being lucky, you're dead right. Remember Jessie Taylor got the boot for what he did? All the other fighters who got kicked off for violence outside of the cage?

Sure Jeremy Jackson got the boot for getting laid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

TUF smashes was a joke is terms of discipline. From what has already been said to the english team getting & using a mobile phone and were let off scott free. No backups and no plan B means they could effectively do what they wanted

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    TUF smashes was a joke is terms of discipline. From what has already been said to the english team getting & using a mobile phone and were let off scott free. No backups and no plan B means they could effectively do what they wanted
    There were two back ups brought in?

Mellor wrote: »
    There were two back ups brought in?

There was no option for the whole scale discipline breach though. If one person had used a mobile they would have been booted. But with half of Team UK guilty they couldn't do anything.

Similarly with Norman texting a result. If it had been one of the already eliminated fighters I think they'd have been kicked out but because Norman was in the semi by that stage and there had already been a few replacements it would have messed up the show to kick him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Ever since that pratt parke gave his allegiance to the english rugby team over Ireland/NI i've wished him nothing but bad

Besides all that Freakshow is a really sound down to earth guy and a damn good fighter to boot

I hope norm gets pummelled

Via Twitter
    STORMIN NORMAN PARKE ‏@norman_parke
    Come on ireland.. Take these welsh out!

Advertisement