Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7pm exams???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

http://www.it-tallaght.ie/contentfiles/Documents/Registrar's%20Office/Examinations/Computing%20Timetables%20Jan%202013.pdf

Anyone know why the 3rd Years in Computing have 7pm exams? Doesn't seem like any other deparments have 7pm ones! :confused:

I know the reason. It's because we're simply hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

theGavin wrote: »
    I know the reason. It's because we're simply hated.

Doesn't bother me too much, means I've just to take one day off work.:D

Also we're starting the tests fairly soon this year. The 3rd of January I believe. Which means no getting pissed on New Years ¬.¬

Also we're starting the tests fairly soon this year. The 3rd of January I believe. Which means no getting pissed on New Years ¬.¬

Ye sure...:D

The one joy to repeating, is that I only have one subject which means one exam which means I'm starting to study already so I've 3 weeks to study that one subject including alcohol breaks!

Ye sure...:D

The one joy to repeating, is that I only have one subject which means one exam which means I'm starting to study already so I've 3 weeks to study that one subject including alcohol breaks!

Lucky bastard :(

My whole Christmas break will be just studying...and I just purchased a new PC and everything :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Timetables are a mess this year. We have exams three days in a row, finishing with the hardest of the lot. Tried to get the exams swapped around (nothing else) but was met with flat refusal to even consider the idea. They dont seem to take the students into account.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Timetables are a mess this year. We have exams three days in a row, finishing with the hardest of the lot. Tried to get the exams swapped around (nothing else) but was met with flat refusal to even consider the idea. They dont seem to take the students into account.

It's gas how they pay an Exam Board to sort this stuff out and they can't even do it properly.

Did you just go straight to the Exam Board or how did you go about it? Maybe get a few "vocal" people along with your class rep to get in contact with your Head of Department and the SU.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

http://www.it-tallaght.ie/contentfiles/Documents/Registrar's%20Office/Examinations/Computing%20Timetables%20Jan%202013.pdf

Anyone know why the 3rd Years in Computing have 7pm exams? Doesn't seem like any other deparments have 7pm ones! :confused:
    I would imagine there are too few 3rd year full time and part time Computing students to justify 2 sittings so they merged them for the exam. The part time students might not be able to make an early start time so it is more sensible to choose the later start time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's gas how they pay an Exam Board to sort this stuff out and they can't even do it properly.

Did you just go straight to the Exam Board or how did you go about it? Maybe get a few "vocal" people along with your class rep to get in contact with your Head of Department and the SU.

Straight to the head of department. A few lads went having asked around first and worked out an alternate order for them. Wasnt even considered.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Straight to the head of department. A few lads went having asked around first and worked out an alternate order for them. Wasnt even considered.

Try the SU.

• Advertisement

Try the SU.

Does the SU actually do much?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

its insane for those who dont live near in Tallaght/Dublin.

Last train back towards Wexford is half 6 ffs, even the half 5 finishes are cutting it close.

Does the SU actually do much?

Anytime I've dealt with them they've been helpful.
    its insane for those who dont live near in Tallaght/Dublin.

Last train back towards Wexford is half 6 ffs, even the half 5 finishes are cutting it close.

You'd have to wonder there reasoning behind it.

Anyone with 7pm exams and is planning on walking up to the NBA from the entrance, make sure you have a bright phone or torch app.

Advertisement