Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wii U Homebrew Channel

• 12-12-2012 3:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭

So I managed to get this to happen earlier:

532552_10200306732733748_698446523_n.jpg

That's the homebrew channel running in Wii system menu mode on the Wii U.

So far it loads all the homebrew I've thrown at it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

That could be a standard Wii from what I can see there.

Show us the proof and the method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You can't see the 'Wii U menu' channel beside it? The game icon in the top right is your clue. ;-)

Achilles wrote: »
    You can't see the 'Wii U menu' channel beside it? The game icon in the top right is your clue. ;-)

Doesn't prove anything.

As I said it could be done with a standard Wii.

Even I know how to do that so pics or GTFO :D

Fine, give me a few minutes...

Video proof is currently uploading...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's true that Homebrew has been broken onto it, good few sites reporting it. A Nintendo update should see to it though.

Corholio wrote: »
    It's true that Homebrew has been broken onto it, good few sites reporting it. A Nintendo update should see to it though.

Ohh? Here was me thinking I was the first to figure this out or try it, lol.

This video won't be active for a while but I'm knackard I'm not waiting for it to finish uploading I'm going to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That could be a standard Wii from what I can see there.

Show us the proof and the method.

This was confirmed working a while ago, there's nothing for the OP to prove. Well done Achillies, not sure I'd have the cahones to start faffing about with a Wii U just yet :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    This was confirmed working a while ago, there's nothing for the OP to prove. Well done Achillies, not sure I'd have the cahones to start faffing about with a Wii U just yet :D

They'll just nuke it with a firmware update if they really want to, I don't mind if they do or not as I have the original Wii to play with even if it's cIOS is all messed up and not much actually works on it. :P

Achilles wrote: »
    I don't mind if they do or not as I have the original Wii to play with even if it's cIOS is all messed up and not much actually works on it. :P

Why don't you virginise it & start from scratch? I'd say Ninty will nuke the Wii hbc on Wii U vulnerability eventually, depending on how difficult it is & the risks it poses. The left the vulnerability in the Wii so they may choose to leave it on the Wii U too

• Advertisement

Why don't you virginise it & start from scratch? I'd say Ninty will nuke the Wii hbc on Wii U vulnerability eventually, depending on how difficult it is & the risks it poses. The left the vulnerability in the Wii so they may choose to leave it on the Wii U too

I have tried to do just that but I've installed all manner of cIOS files over the years to enable aherm... erm backup erm iso loaders from USB aherm.

I might give it a go again one day but to be honest with you I never get any use out of the original Wii anyway, the only game I've wanted to play on it lately is Sonic Colours which I can't find for a decent price anywhere.

Nice video, love the running commentary :)

Never actually accused you of faking it if you read back, just stated that it could be faked ;)

Still, thanks for taking the time to show the method, can you load a backup launcher on that now?

what is the homebrew channel ?

what is the homebrew channel ?

A channel that allows the running of homebrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

A channel that allows the running of homebrew

Nice!

Advertisement