Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft Match 12: G.K. v Jax Teller

• 12-12-2012 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

This match will decide a place in the SF and will last for 48 hours (counting from 3pm today) in which time the participants will need to outline their team, basic strategy, and strategy against their opponent.

There will be a poll but only votes with answers developed in a post will be taken into consideration. This development doesn't have to be paragraphs long, even a single sentence is fine. But don't vote until the competitors have had a chance to outline their teams.

Who wins? 2 votes

G.K.
    0%
    Jax Teller
    100%
    lordgoatSureYWouldntYa 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

First, my writeup from before.
    G.K. wrote: »
    abDS0Acafy.jpg
    The Team

As much as possible, I’ve tried to draft players of high calibre who are in good form.

In goal I have Simon Mignolet, Sunderland’s keeper, who has been in excellent form this season. Sunderland haven’t been great but he’s been imperious, and I can only think of one bad mistake all season (Though he may well have made more).

While I won’t claim my defence is the best in the draft, I certainly think it is up there. This is largely down to my full backs who I believe are the best in the league in their respective positions (Although they are both run close by others, Sagna especially). Caulker and Chico are not ‘stellar’ names but when you are looking for reliable defenders, skilled with the ball at their feet, there aren’t too many better than them.

My midfield selection had several criteria – form, but also the ability to pass and the ability to run with the ball. Anderson’s got an excellent football brain, he can pick a pass, run with the ball, he’s in as good shape as he’s ever been and his form is fantastic. Joe Allen is a fantastic metronome, with top class distribution, and a great ability to run with the ball and take people on. His relative lack of physical strength is more than made up for by this aggressive defending and the extreme physicality of his partners. His recent performances, not up to his previous standard, are explained by his being overworked. Then there’s Alex Tettey. I’ve liked him a lot since I first saw him play for Norway. He’s got great physicality, he distributes the ball simply but effectively and his defensive positioning is top notch.

In attack Van Nistelrooy speaks for himself. Pienaar and Pablo have this season played very well. Both are direct, good with the ball at their feet and have a big work rate. They will have licence to roam, and swap but will be expected to get into the box a lot.
    Of course, this isn’t to say my team doesn’t have its weaknesses (Because it does) but I’ll be doing my best to get round them.

I'll address Jax's team next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Jax doesnt seem to know about this, delete if i shouldnt post it.
    Jax Teller wrote: »
    My Team.

Capture11-1.png

Goalkeeper & Defenders

My Goalkeeper is a good keeper nothing special but he gets the job done .Has kept 8 in clean sheets in his 14 PL games .Uniteds No1 for now anyway

Neville probably the greatest rb in PL history , not the most naturally gifted footbaler ever but he made to the top with hard work and determination . A great leader on the pitch also puts an excellent cross into the box which Jelavic will thrive on .

Smalling an excellent young defender only back from injury but already looks back to his best .
    Lescott had the best season of his career last season hasn't hit the same heights this season so far but still a good defender .

Ridgewell a solid left back again nothing special but will do the job he asked . In the form of his life atm imo.

Midfield

Yacob an excellent signing by Wba has been outstanding this season breaking up the play and starting attacks .
    Anita another good signing probably hasn't settled in aswell as Newcastle had hoped though still a good dm as along as been able to fill in at either fullback position.

Attack

Lallana Southampton's skipper has been their stand out player so far this season imo . Great good forward but also offers his full back a lot of protection . Good at set pieces

Ben Arfa tricky pacey winger will create chances for himself and others also has a cracking shot on him .

Hazard one of the signings of the season offers trickery and pace like Ben Arfa but on another level , he'll also create chances for himself and others just like we have seen at this season so far . Good finisher also a good at set pieces .

Jelavic an excellent finisher and good header off the ball who will run all day for me . Will hold up the ball for the other midfielders perfectly. 14 goals in 26 Pl appearances .

i think cole and pienarr will get some joy against neville as ben arfa wouldnt be as inclinced to track back. neville is a class act though. neville will still get his crosses in but cole should have ben arfa under wraps.

lallanna and ridgewell woul get more joy against sagna and pablo and would oveall be a better defensive unit.

both sides will have joy down their left flanks though gk should have more.

through the middle anders is a good keeper but not at the same level as mignolet. ruud should have a decent level of service from wide especially with two good attacking fullbacks.

in the middle anderson and hazard will both cause issues and will support thei strikers with decent runs, power vs finesse. of the others in the midfield i feel that anita is a weak link but the combo of allen and tettey is comparable to anita and jacob.

Ruud is a class act and will be a handfull for anyone to deal with but smalling and lescott should make a decent fist of it.

Jelavic is not in the same class as RVN obviously but neither are gks defenders.

I think the key difference here is that lescott and smalling would be better at controlling ruud and the runs of anderson than gk would manage with jelavic and hazard.

plenty of goals in this one and if gk had better cbs hed have it but id go for jax in a 3-2

jax is better on the break id feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Cheers for that . I got a pm off Blatter but never read it for whatever reason.

Tough game good luck GK

if you want to make any changes do and ill remove my post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Jax Teller for me here. The 3 behind Jelavic and Jelavic himself would work so well imo. I think jax's midfield would have the better of it as well.

Going 2-1 Jax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is an awfully tight matchup I think. I'm going to take more time to think about it before I vote. I just cannot pick a winner.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Jax Teller
    GK for me, I just like the balance of his team slightly more than Jax.

I think he would have more joy from wide positions, with the Full backs getting forward often and easily. They will create chances and Ruud will score them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Jax wins, unlucky G.K.

Advertisement