Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub/Restaurant owners Bar LAB/FG TDs

Options
  • 12-12-2012 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I think Pub/Restaurant owners should ask FG/Lab TDs leave their premises over Christmas should they wish to frequent their business. I think it would be very popular with the people and also send out a signal to the government that if they refuse to serve us- the people, we will not serve them. Exclude them from society like they do so so many. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

dchris wrote: »
    I think Pub/Restaurant owners should ask anyone FG/Lab TD leave their premises over Christmas should they wish to frequent their business. I think it would be very popular with the people and also send out a signal to the government that if they refuse to serve us, the people, we will not serve them. Exclude them from society like they do so so many. Thank you

Sorry not tonight, you had enough or WE HAD ENOUGH

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

Sorry not tonight, you had enough or WE HAD ENOUGH

Thanks for your comment.

Thanks for your comment. No one asked you to comment. If the topic doesn't interest you, just ignore it. Do you comment on every post that doesn't interest you? May I suggest you start a thread about your general disinterest in things rather than expressing it on other peoples posts who do have an interest and have taken the time to write a post

The comment was not at the op, it was a statment in which is heard from bouncers saying all the time, sorry not tonight, you had enough! Now to the op's statement boucers should say to the TD's WE HAD ENOUGH.
    Now climb back down, off that high horse of yours.

The comment was not at the op, it was a statment in which is heard from bouncers saying all the time, sorry not tonight, you had enough! Now to the op's statement boucers should say to the TD's WE HAD ENOUGH.
    Now climb back down, off that high horse of yours.

I see, I do apologise, I was a little over zealous

I see, I do apologise, I was a little over zealous

I liked your comment from comical sense, but could not be implemented due to this being an act of discrimination against one's profession. Love to be in a pub to see it happen. Drinks all night for that bar person

• Advertisement

Charge them property tax on the glass and stool

I liked your comment from comical sense, but could not be implemented due to this being an act of discrimination against one's profession. Love to be in a pub to see it happen. Drinks all night for that bar person

I think under the whole "Management reserve the right to refuse admission" laws they would have good grounds not to serve certain people, should it be deemed that those who are being served could "damage" the reputation and potential profitability of the business. That law is very vague in favour of publicans to protect them from having to serve 'undesirables' . Pubs are rarely prosecuted (if ever) when they refuse to serve a traveller. ( I know, I am opening a can of worms)

But in a simpler form, people frequenting the same places as Tds could make them feel very unwelcome. Seen it being done whilst in a Dublin restaurant when a group of Fianna Fail TDs entered and were almost hissed off the premises

Charge them property tax on the glass and stool

Seen this image after the budget

I think under the whole "Management reserve the right to refuse admission" laws they would have good grounds not to serve certain people, should it be deemed that those who are being served could "damage" the reputation and potential profitability of the business. That law is very vague in favour of publicans to protect them from having to serve 'undesirables' . Pubs are rarely prosecuted (if ever) when they refuse to serve a traveller. ( I know, I am opening a can of worms)

But in a simpler form, people frequenting the same places as Tds could make them feel very unwelcome. Seen it being done whilst in a Dublin restaurant when a group of Fianna Fail TDs entered and were almost hissed off the premises

But you would really like to tell them the truth on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I think Pub/Restaurant owners should ask FG/Lab TDs leave their premises over Christmas should they wish to frequent their business.

They are loads of FG members who own pubs

So they'll just go there instead ;)

• Advertisement

But you would really like to tell them the truth on this one!

I'd love to see a TD try to prosecute a local bar or restaurant for not serving the or telling them they are not welcome, it would be win/win for the business owner. People would flock to support the premises . I would be their best customer!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    They are loads of FG members who own pubs

So they'll just go there instead ;)

Yuck, imagine drinking it that pub. It be like getting drunk at mass, but where the priests out number parishioners- the lechery would be incalculable

I'd love to see a TD try to prosecute a local bar or restaurant for not serving the or telling them they are not welcome, it would be win/win for the business owner. People would flock to support the premises . I would be their best customer!

Too true, free pint to anyone identifying a TD. It be nearly worth leasing a pub and setting up a TD for a fall, love it. Daft.ie here i come

Too true, free pint to anyone identifying a TD. It be nearly worth leasing a pub and setting up a TD for a fall, love it. Daft.ie here i come

I'll go in with you on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

MAybe we should just make them wear badges identifying them as TD's, then they could be rounded up and made to live in ghettos - at least then we'd know they were all in the same place and we'd be safe.

MAybe we should just make them wear badges identifying them as TD's, then they could be rounded up and made to live in ghettos - at least then we'd know they were all in the same place and we'd be safe.

I like this idea. I'd even go one further and make then ring a bell to announce their presence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Can we make them wear a badge?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Theres no such law about discrimination on the basis of profession

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement