Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using IE 10 - New layout not showing.

Options
  • 12-12-2012 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi,

I upgraded to IE10 and now the site has reverted back to the old forum skin/layout.
    I've tried changing it in my user controls, but it keeps reverting back to the old layout.
    Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Stu.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Double check your skin setting, and then dump the cache and cookies.

Or there's always the obvious answer of install Firefox or Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Same here, Boards been working fine without any issue for me using IE10 for weeks now, but as from last night it's just playing up. It's gone back to the old skin and it won't let me change it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Could be a coincidence, but yesterday was MS patch Tuesday, and IE10 did get a bunch of patches, since it's already badly broken.

Spear wrote: »
    IE10 did get a bunch of patches, since it's already badly broken.
    Is it :confused:, been running fine for me.

As for the patches, I only installed them this morning and the Boards skin issue for me started yesterday before the patches.

That's weird, just after I submitted my last post my Boards skin/layout has gone back to normal and working fine now, very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Definitely IE10 issue.
    Working fine on Firefox.

Ran the "Patch Tuesday" updates, but no dice.

Bloody Windows...nuisance OS :pac:

I'll let the tech staff have a look see then.

Discostuy wrote: »
    Definitely IE10 issue.
    Working fine on Firefox.

Ran the "Patch Tuesday" updates, but no dice.

Bloody Windows...nuisance OS :pac:
    I've ran the same patches and it's working fine for me

I read this thread so decided to try IE10 on a Windows 8 box I have in work. Seems to be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

What are your user agents for those having problems?

You can get all necessary info from http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Is it :confused:, been running fine for me.

How much more broke do you need it to be:

http://spider.io/blog/2012/12/internet-explorer-data-leakage/

My info from the diagnostics link

Operating System: Windows 7

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)

Your Browser
    Javascript Enabled: Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: Yes

Flash Version: 11.5 502 installed

Your Resolution
    Screen: 1440 x 900

Current Browser: 1419 x 779

Colour: 32 bit

Our Server
    Date/Time: Thursday 13th of December 2012, 12:00:17

Name: www2.boards.ie (clifford)

LocalStorage
    LS/SS Enabled: No

You appear to have compatibility mode turned on and your browser is reporting itself as Internet Explorer 7

You should see a button in your address bar like the following:
    1926d1230662955-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off-icon_turn_on.jpg

Click it to turn off compatibility mode. If you do this on the Diagnostics page you should see a different user-agent to the one you posted, one without the following:
    compatible; MSIE 7.0;

The problem should then be resolved.

Danny

Your user agent is reporting IE7 - that would explain why you're getting the old layout. Is boards.ie in the Compatibility View database?

Ok feel stupid now. It was that compatibility option which was throwing it off.
    I don't have that button in the address bar as mentioned above, but the option was ticked in tools>compat settings.
    There was no sites listed, just that option ticked.

Showing MSIE 10.0 using your diagnostics now too.

I use Mac mostly, so excuse the noob mistakes.

Sucking diesel now, thanks for your help folks.

Stu.

No hassle at all, glad you got it sorted.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement