Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband wont connect

• 12-12-2012 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

My Father in Law is having an issue with his broadband at the moment, basically the router is being found and signal strength is excellent however nothing connects to the Internet. I checked the Network settings and it seems that the access type is set to local, would this have anything to do with it? And if so how do I change this, I noticed on my own that the access type is internet.

I cant even get to the admin page of the router using the ip address 192.168.1.1, also when I go cmd - ipconfig - it is showing some obscure ip address like 162.197.2.217 and no default gateway.

I connected my router to his phone line and laptop and using my phone I could find my router and wifi it came up as donalg1 which is what I have it named. All other androids and stuff could connect to donalg1, however the laptop would not connect. And when I tried connecting to his router I couldnt connect either.

Any ideas?

Advertisement