Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Qued in Limerick to get tickets and honestly wanted to go home when i got in.. Gonna be an absolute scumfest if Limerick was anything to go by(I'm form Liemrick btw, i just admit we have scumbags here).. a good few people who aren't, but an awful lot of undesirables..
    Security gonna have to be tight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Prodigious wrote: »
    I went to see him in Bangor at Tenant's vital and it was a grand atmosphere altogether.

Not sure why the demographic would be different in Bangor but... Good?

Glad bennyl10's going into it aware of the type of crowd - I'm not sure how sheltered or oblivious you'd have to be to fail to see it. It's Eminem, it's fairly obvious he'd have a high scobe:normal fan ratio, much the same as Oxegen.

It is a pity he didn't bring Kendrick Lamar, that would've diluted the scobe ratio a bit, even if just by 1,000 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

After the SHM f*ck up security will be on the ball. I'm going to be queueing from 8 in the morning to get in the pit, that way there won't be as many scumbags around me anyway.

grindle wrote: »
    Not sure why the demographic would be different in Bangor but... Good?

That's my point. Demographic would be no different - yet it wasn't ruled by the scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Was hoping for chase and status not plan bs biggest fan and dont think much of other acts tbh bit dissapointed

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

We're gonna have the security up our arses at this one I doubt it'll be absolute genocide like some people think it will be, it wont be near as bad as swedish house mafia, eminem doesn't attract pill heads, at shm every second person was off their nut on any pills they could find, pills are more of a dance festival thing than a rap concert

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    We're gonna have the security up our arses at this one I doubt it'll be absolute genocide like some people think it will be, it wont be near as bad as swedish house mafia, eminem doesn't attract pill heads, at shm every second person was off their nut on any pills they could find, pills are more of a dance festival thing than a rap concert

If Security weren't strict at this I'd be disappointed and honestly quite scared., I want strict security, cause you can delude yourself all you want but this gig is going to be a scumbag fest, it will be one of the roughest gigs in this country in years. Slane can be rough at the best of times, this is only going to make it worse.

yes we mightn't have pill heads, but we'll have the bottom of the barrel scumbags from all four corners fo the country.

Gonna que for the pit for this and hope to avoid them that way.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Gonna que for the pit for this and hope to avoid them that way.

How early d'you reckon you'd need to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any recommendations on hotels or places to stay? Is it better off staying in Dublin and going through to Slane, or finding somewhere near the venue (camping)? Thanks.

• Advertisement

It's a sad sign of the times when One Direction can sell out Croke Park, but Eminem can't sell out Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Prodigious wrote: »
    It's a sad sign of the times when One Direction can sell out Croke Park, but Eminem can't sell out Slane.

Eminem will generally only attract his fans since most teenagers will go alone, however One Direction attracts their fans (i.e much younger age demographic) + their mother/father/parental guardian. This means that if your 10 year old wants to go then someone has to go with them, making for double ticket sales.. Still with that said I only expected them to sell out one Croke Park gig and not two..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Have to say that is a poor line up for Eminem. Kendrick Lamar needed to be there ahead of Earlwolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

Paully D wrote: »
    Any recommendations on hotels or places to stay? Is it better off staying in Dublin and going through to Slane, or finding somewhere near the venue (camping)? Thanks.

I'm wondering what to do myself... Will there be any public transport from the concert to any nearby town does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'm wondering what to do myself... Will there be any public transport from the concert to any nearby town does anyone know?

Four of us are travelling up from Kerry, booked two twin rooms in Ballsbridge Inn (Jurys) in D4 for €277.20 TOTAL for two nights on booking.com. Think its about €320 now but still cheap.

Also Dublin bus are running busses from Parnell Sq to Slane, €20 return. And the bus stops right outside the hotel and goes to O' Connell street. Only a 5min walk to Parnell Sq then to catch the Slane bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

dobman88 wrote: »
    Four of us are travelling up from Kerry, booked two twin rooms in Ballsbridge Inn (Jurys) in D4 for €277.20 TOTAL for two nights on booking.com. Think its about €320 now but still cheap.

Also Dublin bus are running busses from Parnell Sq to Slane, €20 return. And the bus stops right outside the hotel and goes to O' Connell street. Only a 5min walk to Parnell Sq then to catch the Slane bus.

Any link for Dublin bus schedule?also how long does it take too get too slane from Parnell square?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AidanWalsh0345

Who are the confirmed supporting acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Who are the confirmed supporting acts?

Yelawolf, Earlwolf, Slaughterhouse and Plan B

After Bon Jovi theres one pattern emerging.. dont drive to Slane.. security didnt seem too bad but im sure that'll change for August

• Advertisement

Sold out according to lord Mountcharles on today fm

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Sold out according to lord Mountcharles on today fm

That's amazing if true. Considering the line up is pretty bad, it just shows how much people like Eminem and in particular his new material. The amount of people I know going that don't have a clue of his earlier stuff is incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

they stopped doing the ads for it from oct/nov according to lord Mountcharles,.

Any1 on here interested in meeting up in Dublin on the Friday night before the gig? Loads of us travelling up from Killarney on Friday heading out in Dublin cos probably wont be back til all hours on Saturday night/ Sunday morning. Would be pretty cool if we picked a place/time and a load of boardies turned up!! Just an idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 janejjjjjjj

Just wondering how many of the people posting about scumbags were actually at the SHM gig? Or have been to an Eminem one?

I was at SHM, there was a bit of an atmosphere tbh but I was there all day and never saw any trouble at all. Anyone I chatted to was grand and friendly and at no point did I feel threatened or unsafe. If you weren't there you probably only know what you saw in the media which, obviously, highlighted the bad and ignored the good.

Enimem gig in Bangor was the same but with a great atmosphere, plenty of tracksuits but no hassle at all. Security was present but not in your face. I know that was up the North but it seemed half the republic had travelled up so not such a different crowd from what will be at Slane.

Don't knock what you don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Are there seats at slane, our tickets say Section GA2 RowG53
    Seats 896 - 897, i know when i booked i looked for seats but cant ever remember seeing any except in vip area

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

maiden wrote: »
    Are there seats at slane, our tickets say Section GA2 RowG53
    Seats 896 - 897, i know when i booked i looked for seats but cant ever remember seeing any except in vip area

Nope, standing tickets, for some reason, have seating numbers on them.
    Ticketmaster love confusing people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wouldn't pay much attention to what people say about the whole SHM thing.

there's trouble at every event. Though usually not as bad or as publizied as it was on that occasion. The radio mouths just love a bit of news to get the public riled up.

keep your wits about you, stay smart and you'll be grand.

Eminem was my second ever live gig back years ago in Punchestown I think. Excellent live show, became a fan that day even though I dont like the music.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Just so ye know! We arent scumbags, we are 8 laaaaaaaadies in our 40s from clare heading to slane because our 18/19 year olds (who are going separately) asked us ''what would ye know about eminem or slane???''

I wasnt long telling them about the mosh pit at Guns n Roses! Teenagers by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

maiden wrote: »
    Just so ye know! We arent scumbags, we are 8 laaaaaaaadies in our 40s from clare heading to slane because our 18/19 year olds (who are going separately) asked us ''what would ye know about eminem or slane???''

I wasnt long telling them about the mosh pit at Guns n Roses! Teenagers by!

seems to me like Slane better watch out for ye!

Quick question, what were GnR like live back in the day?

Advertisement