Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SarahSull95

This proberly sounds like a stupid question, but im going to ask anyway :)
    Will the concert go ahead even if the weather is really bad??
    Its my first concert so I dont have a clue :P

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

This proberly sounds like a stupid question, but im going to ask anyway :)
    Will the concert go ahead even if the weather is really bad??
    Its my first concert so I dont have a clue :P

Generally yes, it'd take a fierce storm to have it called off, maybe a little less. If it's just moderate rain it'll still go ahead, it might be a dampener for some but actually I don't mind it too much. You'll quickly forget about the rain and it cools you down as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

kingcobra wrote: »
    Generally yes, it'd take a fierce storm to have it called off, maybe a little less. If it's just moderate rain it'll still go ahead, it might be a dampener for some but actually I don't mind it too much. You'll quickly forget about the rain and it cools you down as well! :D

sunny with the odd occasional light shower is perfect gig weather imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

seems to me like Slane better watch out for ye!

Quick question, what were GnR like live back in the day?

Something else, wasn't the original line up in Slane as Adler had already left, but still something to behold, ya never knew what would happen wit them.

Seen the originals at Donington in 88, they were booked in the Feb as a second opener on the bill, to play at 2pm, by the time the gig came round in August they were massive, but stayed second as the line up was steller.

They expected 72,500 people but 107,000 turned up and seemingly all of them were watching GnR at 2pm.

2 fans died in the crush at the front :(:(

scudzilla wrote: »
    Something else, wasn't the original line up in Slane as Adler had already left, but still something to behold, ya never knew what would happen wit them.

Seen the originals at Donington in 88, they were booked in the Feb as a second opener on the bill, to play at 2pm, by the time the gig came round in August they were massive, but stayed second as the line up was steller.

They expected 72,500 people but 107,000 turned up and seemingly all of them were watching GnR at 2pm.

2 fans died in the crush at the front :(:(

awesome post!

I'd say they must have been fantastic. they were a cocky bunch but had so much confidence and swagger when they played. Brute force id imagine. Twas great that the bands popularity exploded and everybody made it for the "matinee"
    show :D

A very exciting time to be a rock fan in those days.

Are you looking forward to checking out Eminem?

• Advertisement

awesome post!

I'd say they must have been fantastic. they were a cocky bunch but had so much confidence and swagger when they played. Brute force id imagine. Twas great that the bands popularity exploded and everybody made it for the "matinee"
    show :D

A very exciting time to be a rock fan in those days.

Are you looking forward to checking out Eminem?

Rather stick a fork in my eye than go see Eminem ;)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rather stick a fork in my eye than go see Eminem ;)

I concur 100% but if you go with an open mind you'll witness a fantastic show I promise you that. I would consider going if I didnt have a wedding on that weekend tbh and rap is nowhere near any of my playlists.

We should probably take this conversation elsewhere before some Swedish House Mafia fans roll on up here and stab us for no apparent reason

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭omicron

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Sold out according to lord Mountcharles on today fm

Tickets still available on Ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 janejjjjjjj

We should probably take this conversation elsewhere before some Swedish House Mafia fans roll on up here and stab us for no apparent reason

Why? were you at that gig? If not, why slag what you don't know? Read my previous post I was there and it was nothing like the media would have you believe

Sorry just read your previous post so ignore above

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Rather stick a fork in my eye than go see Eminem

This intrigues me. If that was the case why come on here just to say that? I mean I dont like say Metallica so I would skip a thread on them rather than just waste space with your type of post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

seems to me like Slane better watch out for ye!

Quick question, what were GnR like live back in the day?

Jesus absolutely amazing! Fantastic show and I never quiet got over seeing axl prancing around in those famous white shorts!

bigpoppa wrote: »
    This intrigues me. If that was the case why come on here just to say that? I mean I dont like say Metallica so I would skip a thread on them rather than just waste space with your type of post?

I never came on here to just say that, a guy asked about GnR at Slane so i replied, in his reply to me he asked if i was gonna go see Eminem, to which i replied, so no, i didn't come here just to wind people up, i leave that for AH ;)

Whats the story with drink?
    Can you bring yer own or whats the story? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not a hope in hell.
    And i'd imagine there'll be strict searches. Either drink before you head, or have ID to buy inside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Not a hope you can bring alcohol in, will prob be searched going in too, bag searches, quick frisking etc.. And, apparently, your only allowed to bring water if you take the cap off the bottle!!Personally, I wont be drinking alcohol to avoid going to the bathroom too often :p

dobman88 wrote: »
    Not a hope you can bring alcohol in, will prob be searched going in too, bag searches, quick frisking etc.. And, apparently, your only allowed to bring water if you take the cap off the bottle!!Personally, I wont be drinking alcohol to avoid going to the bathroom too often :p

The cap thing is nothing new, been done at gigs for years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The cap thing is nothing new, been done at gigs for years :)

???

MrMac84 wrote: »
    ???

Taking caps off water bottles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

For anyone who is going from Dublin to the gig. I e-mailed Dublin Bus about bus times and prices. this is a link and the reply they sent me:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Getting-To-Events/Eminem-at-Slane-Castle-17th-August-2013/

Dublin Bus: "Tickets for €20.00 have to be purchased before the day of concert from Dublin Bus . Tickets purchased on the day will be €25.00. You cannot pay the driver on the day, you have to purchase the ticket from our office at 59 Upr O’Connell St. before boarding ."

Ticketmaster charge €2.50 per ticket so not really any point in buying them there imo, just get them in the office on the way up to parnell sq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i deffo dont think he wont cancel again ive never been to see him in a concert so absoutely over the moon cannot WAIT he will DEFFENTLY make it i know he will.
    i'm dying to see him counting down the days...litertly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    i deffo dont think he wont cancel again ive never been to see him in a concert so absoutely over the moon cannot WAIT he will DEFFENTLY make it i know he will.

Counting down the days, illiterally

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thom Merrilin

xXxkorixXx wrote: »

cnt wt mslf ider m n d byz heddin dwn erly n d tran gnna gt lokd b4!! ahaha

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

27445497.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What?

I presume he is talking the piss but if not
    I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-97176211932.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

I hope this isn't a reflection of the type of half wits that could be at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I hope this isn't a reflection of the type of half wits that could be at the gig.

Based on his other posts he be trollin'.. :D

why not :pac: :pac: lol enjoy!

Is there any places to stay nearby for the night? Cause me an me hubby live in Arklow and dont fancy travellin all the way back after the concert....

• Advertisement

I heard this place is good, Slane Farm Hostel Cottages and Campsite :)

Advertisement