Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I'm heading up from Kerry , never been to Slane before. Is there a pit? is it usually a first come first serve situation for pit passes/bands like at most gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Group of us going from Killarney on the Friday night, heading to Slane early Saturday morning and hope for the best. Don't know the official story with pit/passes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

A friend lives in slane so a few of us are sleeping at his and will head to the concert at 8am probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

8am? Jesus., I won't be getting there til a good few hours after that

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

8am is fairly early alright, the gates won't open til 2 or so. I think getting there for 3 or 4pm is plenty of time. You'll be absolutely wrecked by the time Eminem comes on if you head up too early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

kingcobra wrote: »
    8am is fairly early alright, the gates won't open til 2 or so. I think getting there for 3 or 4pm is plenty of time. You'll be absolutely wrecked by the time Eminem comes on if you head up too early.

I was at Tennant's Vital at 3 and the place was packed

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Prodigious wrote: »
    I was at Tennant's Vital at 3 and the place was packed

Gates at Slane open at 3. If Kings of Leon was anything to go by you will be right up near the front if you're there at the gate opening time. I'd be absolutely knackered by the time Eminem comes around if I have to be up there at 2 or 3 to get into the pit. :(

We're getting a bus from Dublin about 1ish so I presume we would be there about 2 or 3pm. Like has been mentioned, don't want to get there too early and be wrecked. To be honest I don't care where I am in the concert cos I had tix last time when he cancelled so I'm just delighted to be finally seeing Eminem.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

How are tickets for this selling?

More or less than Bon Jovi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

damianmcr wrote: »
    How are tickets for this selling?

More or less than Bon Jovi?
    Almost double it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Wow! I worked at the Bon Jovi gig. I was put on toilets (stewarting) and they were mental. I wouldnt want to have double the people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

kingcobra wrote: »
    Gates at Slane open at 3. If Kings of Leon was anything to go by you will be right up near the front if you're there at the gate opening time. I'd be absolutely knackered by the time Eminem comes around if I have to be up there at 2 or 3 to get into the pit. :(

It's worth it though because usually the people who know how good the pits are at concerts get their earlier to ensure pit passes and the vibe and buzz in the pit will make you untired. Plus the adrenaline rush you will get from Eminem coming on stage will definitely get rid of your tiredness.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

Camping in Slane Farm Hostel Cottages and Campsite for the weekend should be good plus its a bargain at 25E for the weekend. Will def have pit passes makes gig more fun. You would be surprised how much energy you get when the main act comes been to plenty of gigs and have never been tired for main act .
    . Only thing be interested to will his new album be out by then if its not will it just be a greatest hits set.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Seriously can't wait for this now, 10 years since seeing him first at the ripe oul age of 15, and this will be the third time now and he has yet to disappoint, always a great show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

I'm trying to save up money for a trip to Oz so i'm trying to save a bit of coin at the minute. I have my ticket got for the concert but I am seriously considering selling it (when I take into account travelling from Laois, travelling home, buying drink, the money I would get for the ticket etc.) because it would save me a bit of money.

Has anyone that has ever seen Eminem before convince me to just go or is it not worth the hassle?

I tend to be quite indecisive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I have a friend who seen him before and said that hes great live. Well worth going...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

so earl sweatshirt is supporting eminem

A V A wrote: »
    so earl sweatshirt is supporting eminem

We knew this already, hes in earlwolf with tyler the creator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sunny.d

What time do ye reckon the concert will be over at ?
    Will be getting a bus back to Dublin city centre and I'm just wondering to see wether or not I would be in time for the last bus back to Cork at 10:30PM or will I have to get accomodation in Dublin ?

Any info will be of use !

• Advertisement

Sunny.d wrote: »
    Will be getting a bus back to Dublin city centre and I'm just wondering to see wether or not I would be in time for the last bus back to Cork at 10:30PM or will I have to get accomodation in Dublin ?

Wont be over til half 10/11 be 1 before back in Dublin..
    Coukd be a private bus to and from cork though:) check kelly travel :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    We knew this already, hes in earlwolf with tyler the creator.

yeah knew that allready too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Sunny.d wrote: »

www.Aircoach.ie and www.gobus.ie both do all night bus services to Cork from Dublin so your covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Are people that are getting the bus from Dublin to Slane and back booking their tickets beforehand or just waiting to pay on the day? Thanks.

Paully D wrote: »
    Are people that are getting the bus from Dublin to Slane and back booking their tickets beforehand or just waiting to pay on the day? Thanks.

I e-mailed Dublin Bus about that and they said tickets have to be purchased in advance. We are just gonna get them at the Dublin Bus offices in O' Connell street on the way up to Parnell Sq. You CANNOT pay the driver on the bus :)

dobman88 wrote: »
    I e-mailed Dublin Bus about that and they said tickets have to be purchased in advance. We are just gonna get them at the Dublin Bus offices in O' Connell street on the way up to Parnell Sq. You CANNOT pay the driver on the bus :)

Cheers.

I've just saw Marathon Travel are advertising buses to and from Slane from Custom House Quay (which would be handier for us due to location) and are saying that you can pay on the day. We'd rather purchase on the day as we're still not 100% sure what we will do regarding transport, so we'll probably chance that rather than paying €20 for something we may not use.

A few posters on here said Marathon's service to Slane for Bon Jovi was very good and there was no problem paying on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

dobman88 wrote: »

I'm not saying you're wrong or even arguing the point, but wasn't there a reply that said it's €20 to order or €25 on the day?

Anyway I don't get all the support hate here. Feels like alot of people going are only part time hip hop fans which is a big shame, because it'll definitely be more enjoyable if you knew a few Earl, Tyler or Slaughterhouse songs to sing along and jump around with.
    I've seen Odd Future twice already and Tyler always puts on a great show but if you don't know him it'll probably just be hard to watch. Which was what happened at Tenants Vital, really bad crowd majority booing, because they were there for Eminem and Eminem only (which isn't wrong but is really a shame)

I'm not saying you're wrong or even arguing the point, but wasn't there a reply that said it's €20 to order or €25 on the day?

Anyway I don't get all the support hate here. Feels like alot of people going are only part time hip hop fans which is a big shame, because it'll definitely be more enjoyable if you knew a few Earl, Tyler or Slaughterhouse songs to sing along and jump around with.
    I've seen Odd Future twice already and Tyler always puts on a great show but if you don't know him it'll probably just be hard to watch. Which was what happened at Tenants Vital, really bad crowd majority booing, because they were there for Eminem and Eminem only (which isn't wrong but is really a shame)

Yeah it was me that posted that, it is €20 for advance purchase tickets, befor the 17th August. On the day it is €25 but you cant pay the driver, they have to be gotten from the offices beforehand.

Regarding the support acts, I had never heard of them before they were announced but I have downloaded a few of their songs and they are growing on me. Like you said, at least i will be able to enjoy it and sing along while waiting for Eminem :D

I really like Slaughterhouse, but I wouldn't be too bothered about the other support acts. I was extremely disappointed we didn't get Kendrick Lamar like the other European dates though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Yeah Kendrick Lamar would've been unreal to have. Missed him in January and next time he's here will probably be a while, imagine Mad City or Look Out For The Detox live, crazy.
    Plan B is the only one I'm not crazy for, other than that I can hardly contain my excitement nowadays, all I want to do is talk about the concert

Advertisement