Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah Kendrick Lamar would've been unreal to have. Missed him in January and next time he's here will probably be a while, imagine Mad City or Look Out For The Detox live, crazy.
    Plan B is the only one I'm not crazy for, other than that I can hardly contain my excitement nowadays, all I want to do is talk about the concert

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Just booked camping at the slane farm hostel for the weekend, cannot wait, anyone ever camped here before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeah Kendrick Lamar would've been unreal to have. Missed him in January and next time he's here will probably be a while, imagine Mad City or Look Out For The Detox live, crazy.
    Plan B is the only one I'm not crazy for, other than that I can hardly contain my excitement nowadays, all I want to do is talk about the concert

Saw him at Wireless in London a few weeks ago. He was brilliant. Good band with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Any travel return buses going from the west mayo in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Just booked camping at the slane farm hostel for the weekend, cannot wait, anyone ever camped here before ?

I sent them an email off their booking section of the site but they haven't got back to me, when did you email and how long did a reply take?

• Advertisement

I sent them an email off their booking section of the site but they haven't got back to me, when did you email and how long did a reply take?

Check your junk mail , I tought they didn't reply either, turns out the replied to the 3 emails I sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 megan313

Anyone know if slane are strict about the "no queuing before gates open" rule? I queued from 5am for front row at tennent's vital in 2011 and i'm planning to travel down in the early hours to queue for front row @ slane too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

megan313 wrote: »
    Anyone know if slane are strict about the "no queuing before gates open" rule? I queued from 5am for front row at tennent's vital in 2011 and i'm planning to travel down in the early hours to queue for front row @ slane too.

5am?! Youre mental :p
    Be around Anywhere about 11/12 and i can guarantee you front at slane

bennyl10 wrote: »
    5am?! Youre mental :p
    Be around Anywhere about 11/12 and i can guarantee you front at slane

I've seen quite a few people say that they're queuing from about 7am, i need to be front row centre, i'm not taking any risks lol! And buses start bringing people at 9am, at Vital there was a crowd by that time :confused:

I've seen quite a few people say that they're queuing from about 7am, i need to be front row centre, i'm not taking any risks lol! And buses start bringing people at 9am, at Vital there was a crowd by that time :confused:

at bon jovi and KOL they were strict about que-ing anyway.. anyone at 7 will definitely be told to leave.

Buses form dublin wont be leaving until 12, with all the rest of the country at the same time, not reaching slane until about 2-ish..

If there's a crowd by it'll be a first for a gig I've seen :P
    If you're in the pit, you'll get to the front during slaughterhouse/yelawolf easily enough :)

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    at bon jovi and KOL they were strict about que-ing anyway.. anyone at 7 will definitely be told to leave.

Buses form dublin wont be leaving until 12, with all the rest of the country at the same time, not reaching slane until about 2-ish..

If there's a crowd by it'll be a first for a gig I've seen :P
    If you're in the pit, you'll get to the front during slaughterhouse/yelawolf easily enough :)

Believe me, nobody at the barrier is going to be moving lol so I wouldn't even bother trying to squeeze to the front. Maybe i'll camp out nearby and watch for the first signs of people attempting to queue and bodyblock them... haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i'm SOOOO excited i just wish these next 2 weeks would hurry up!!!! i cant keep it together any longer i wanna see him NOW!!

me hubby admiralofthefleet is goin to Blur on Thurs i wish that was Eminem...but then again it'll be worth it when the time comes....anyone else as excited as me?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Iv got into the pit at nearly every concert I've gone too and queing anytime earlier than an hour before the gates open is just ridiculous :P

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Sold my ticket today :(

Hope you all enjoy!

Can't friggin wait :)

I'm planing on getting to the gate for 1-1.30 I have to get up the front for this, is there a bar in the pit does anyone know ?
    xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    i'm SOOOO excited i just wish these next 2 weeks would hurry up!!!! i cant keep it together any longer i wanna see him NOW!!

me hubby admiralofthefleet is goin to Blur on Thurs i wish that was Eminem...but then again it'll be worth it when the time comes....anyone else as excited as me?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Ericaa wrote: »
    Sold my ticket today :(

Hope you all enjoy!

How much did you sell it for? It isn't sold out is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I'm planing on getting to the gate for 1-1.30 I have to get up the front for this, is there a bar in the pit does anyone know ?

I hope not! also I really doubt it since I've never seen a setup like that before, The reason I like to be in the pit is to avoid the people who can't handle their alcohol, Based on past experience you have to leave the pit area and go for a 3 min walk if you want a drink. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Is Chance The Rapper supporting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Is Chance The Rapper supporting this?

Not according to this:

August 17, Slane Castle, Ireland
    • Plan B
    • Earlwolf
    • Yelawolf
    • Slaughterhouse

DC10555 wrote: »
    Not according to this:

• Plan B
    • Earlwolf
    • Yelawolf
    • Slaughterhouse
    I seen one source saying he was and i got pumped. Good thing Im going to see him before i get back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Alanhooly wrote: »
    How much did you sell it for? It isn't sold out is it?

I sold it for €70, and nope it's not!
    There's loads for sale on Adverts and the likes, as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

DC10555 wrote: »
    Not according to this:

• Plan B
    • Earlwolf
    • Yelawolf
    • Slaughterhouse

Looks like he is...

BQdUE3xCAAAsJik.jpg:large

Syndic wrote: »
    Looks like he is...

BQdUE3xCAAAsJik.jpg:large

Plan B main support?
    Expected it to be slaughterhouse..
    Plan b works better though :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/1jg58v/i_am_chance_the_rapper_chitown_rapper_and_part_of/cbed5w2

confirmation from the man himself if anyone cares. Im more hyped for the support at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

good idea were plannin on getting there around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoJ

Hi guys, just a question - I was planning on going to this (haven't bought tickets yet, was planning on snapping up some cheap ones as close as possible to the time) but after reading this thread and hearing of all the stabbings etc at SHM, I'm a bit put off. For a 19 year old English guy with an annoyingly posh accent (but who spends a lot of time in Stockwell/Brixton - even they don't have 9 stabbings in one day though) do you think it'd be a good idea, or would one of the other concerts, like Glasgow be a better idea? I'm not planning on drinking there.

eoJ wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a question - I was planning on going to this (haven't bought tickets yet, was planning on snapping up some cheap ones as close as possible to the time) but after reading this thread and hearing of all the stabbings etc at SHM, I'm a bit put off. For a 19 year old English guy with an annoyingly posh accent (but who spends a lot of time in Stockwell/Brixton - even they don't have 9 stabbings in one day though) do you think it'd be a good idea, or would one of the other concerts, like Glasgow be a better idea? I'm not planning on drinking there.

Go for it, Slane is an unbelievable venue and the Irish welcome is second to none, SHM would have attracted a different, younger crowd to this imo and even though there was stabbings, the good outweighed the bad at the gig. Regards to the accent, who cares, go and enjoy yourself. Alcohol, I'm not drinking either but not cos I'm afraid of trouble starting, I just want to avoid too many toilet trips :P Enjoy the gig, see you there :D

Anyone thinking of driving to this, parking on the outskirts of Slane somewhere? If possible. My mate brought it up the other day but I think he's mental to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoJ

dobman88 wrote: »
    Go for it, Slane is an unbelievable venue and the Irish welcome is second to none, SHM would have attracted a different, younger crowd to this imo and even though there was stabbings, the good outweighed the bad at the gig. Regards to the accent, who cares, go and enjoy yourself. Alcohol, I'm not drinking either but not cos I'm afraid of trouble starting, I just want to avoid too many toilet trips :P Enjoy the gig, see you there :D
    Brilliant, cheers, good to hear :) The accent isn't too bad, I won't be auditioning for Made in Chelsea anytime soon (Do you have that terrible show over there?) And yeah, same with me RE alcohol :P Thanks, and you too :D

• Advertisement

Yeah we get all that sh!te over here, Chelsea, Essex, Geordies, pay for broadcasting lol. Enjoy the gig, there should be a good age mixture there just from looking at the previous posts so hopefully be fun for everyone

Advertisement