Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laim

Hi, I was just wondering if you get into the pit can you leave to get drinks and stuff? and if you do are you allowed back in or do you go to the back of the crowd? :/ sorry im a gig noob and have only been to the O2. what do you guys reckon would be a good time to que if i wanted to get into the pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Laim wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering if you get into the pit can you leave to get drinks and stuff? and if you do are you allowed back in or do you go to the back of the crowd? :/ sorry im a gig noob and have only been to the O2. what do you guys reckon would be a good time to que if i wanted to get into the pit?

Yep, generally, if not always, you get a wristband for the pit and you can come and go as you please. There's usually an access point for the the pit which is easy to get to and I can't imagine them putting the drink marquees too far from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laim

kingcobra wrote: »
    Yep, generally, if not always, you get a wristband for the pit and you can come and go as you please. There's usually an access point for the the pit which is easy to get to and I can't imagine them putting the drink marquees too far from there.

ok, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

eoJ wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a question - I was planning on going to this (haven't bought tickets yet, was planning on snapping up some cheap ones as close as possible to the time) but after reading this thread and hearing of all the stabbings etc at SHM, I'm a bit put off. For a 19 year old English guy with an annoyingly posh accent (but who spends a lot of time in Stockwell/Brixton - even they don't have 9 stabbings in one day though) do you think it'd be a good idea, or would one of the other concerts, like Glasgow be a better idea? I'm not planning on drinking there.

After living in Stockwell and going to Brixton a lot (Subway for lunch :P) I can confirm those areas have nothing close to a posh accent and they certainly aren't as rough as people say. You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Oh **** did not know Chance is going too.

I'm a big fan of him and all the support acts except Plan B so this night is basically a dream come true for me. My voice will be gone by the time Em is on..

Don't know how it'll be for six of my friends that are going, they don't know any of the support acts and are only part time Eminem fans. Could be a long and boring wait for them during the support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Do ye get wrist bands when you go in? cant believe its only 13 days to go soo excited! anyone have any updated news on Eminem coming to Slane? i know he ordered a few cases of whiskey but thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    Do ye get wrist bands when you go in? cant believe its only 13 days to go soo excited! anyone have any updated news on Eminem coming to Slane? i know he ordered a few cases of whiskey but thats about it.

if you're in the pit you will get a wristband yes.
    we'll know nothing else about him, we might get a soundcheck but that'll be it.

Wonder will he play any new tracks off his forthcoming album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

oooohh cool, that'd be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

bennyl10 wrote: »
    if you're in the pit you will get a wristband yes.
    we'll know nothing else about him, we might get a soundcheck but that'll be it.

I would presume so most artist would. Still though if a new and single released in the next two weeks i say get a few tracks. Lots of stuff on you tube but not verified so should be good. Hoping for a greatest hits set. 4 songs of each album.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Greatest hits set, with the exception of Relapse. No new forthcoming albums, f*ck that

• Advertisement

So what do people really want him to play for me any of the following will justify it
    Guilty Conscience,
    The Way I Am,
    Stan ( would love if dido flew over to help)
    Sing for the moment,
    Encore,
    Beautiful,
    Fast lane,
    Airplanes part 2,
    Lose Yourself,
    Space Bound.
    What are your fave 3 albums mine are
    1 The Marshall Mathers LP
    2 The Eminem Show
    3 Recovery ( in time this will probably be my fave)

dobman88 wrote: »
    Greatest hits set, with the exception of Relapse. No new forthcoming albums, f*ck that

He more than likely will though, as its due beforw christmas..

I'd guess the whole reason he is touring is to promote it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

aha_sender wrote: »
    So what do people really want him to play for me any of the following will justify it
    Guilty Conscience,
    The Way I Am,
    Stan ( would love if dido flew over to help)
    Sing for the moment,
    Encore,
    Beautiful,
    Fast lane,
    Airplanes part 2,
    Lose Yourself,
    Space Bound.

He'll probably play them all apart from Encore, Airplanes, and Guilty Conscience. As for Dido, you don't need her there because when the crowd all start singing the chorus to both Stan and Toy Soldiers I guarantee you'll get chills. It's amazing when it happens.

He's playing at a G Shock Anniversary event in the States on the 7th in Pukkpepop on the 15th so we'll have an idea of the setlist and chances of hearing new songs from those.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Hopefully he does Airplanes, It was awesome when he did it back at Oxegen 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dannyd789

Well baiys, just wondering whats the craic with sneaking drink into slane? I know security will be tight but how thorough are the searches? Like if I thought of a few creative ways to get a naggin in will I definitely get caught? And will they let us in if they do find drink on us? Sorry for all the questions, just dont fancy paying ridiculous amounts for some manky beer all day

Dannyd789 wrote: »
    Well baiys, just wondering whats the craic with sneaking drink into slane? I know security will be tight but how thorough are the searches? Like if I thought of a few creative ways to get a naggin in will I definitely get caught? And will they let us in if they do find drink on us? Sorry for all the questions, just dont fancy paying ridiculous amounts for some manky beer all day

You will not get drink in. At all. If you are caught you will more than likely be refused entry. Drink in pubs before you get to castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Never been to slane before... Do we need wellies or normal shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

DylanII wrote: »
    Never been to slane before... Do we need wellies or normal shoes.

Can't really make a judgement on this until 2-3 days before the gig. If we get a lot of rain in next week or so then wellies will probably be needed, however, if we get some dry weather then you should get away with old runners/boots....

I've been to Slane a few times and have always wore wellies but in fairness the ground was never too bad there!!

Better to assess the situation Wed or Thurs next week!!

any boardsies be interested in meeting up for drinks on the friday or sunday this weekend? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

any boardsies be interested in meeting up for drinks on the friday or sunday this weekend? :)

Four of us heading to Dublin on the Friday, be out for a few casuals. Wouldn't mind meeting a few to put a face to the username :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Better get stuck into some Slaughterhouse, Yelawolf and Plan B so I can sing along !

Well that's it Slane is cancelled again, it's confirmed by this very reliable and reputable news source

Well that's it Slane is cancelled again, it's confirmed by this very reliable and reputable news source

Have you read the article? :p

Oh btw, mcd just confirmed Chance added to lineup, 11 days guys :D

Oh btw, mcd just confirmed Chance added to lineup, 11 days guys :D

I'm amazed to see that article doing the rounds on Facebook, some people are in uproar! :pac:

I'm amazed to see that article doing the rounds on Facebook, some people are in uproar! :pac:

well if some people wanna believe an article that's years old that's fine.. might make things a little less crowded :P

All the people who say he is going to cancel are so ****ing annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I can't get over the amount of people that don't actually read an article in a situation like this.

I had a quick search of Twitter there and came across this absolutely hilarious exchange. The ease with which the person replying accepts the news is scary. They didn't even question where the 'confirmation' came from.

I feel sorry for both of these people.

acf927e4395c537e9382469bbcafffd2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I can't get over the amount of people that don't actually read an article in a situation like this.

I had a quick search of Twitter there and came across this absolutely hilarious exchange. The ease with which the person replying accepts the news is scary. They didn't even question where the 'confirmation' came from.

I feel sorry for both of these people.

The worst part is that these kinda gob****es will be all over the place!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Ah now, I pity those who actually believe it's cancelled. :(

Advertisement