Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

He is NOT going to cancel again! dont believe that. yeah, maybe he did 8 years ago but that was b/c he was on sleeping tabs but he's clean now. Believe me, if he was gonna cancel, he would have to pay all the producers and thousands to the Mountcharles family and i dont think he'll do that again and i really dont think the family will let him play a 3rd time! Stupid people who have nothing better to do are spreading rumors around the internet. Sayin he's goin to cancel, get a life to those people. He will NOT cancel i am 120% sure he will deffo be here on the 17th believe me, he WILL turn up! i ALWAYS think negatively and the rumors certainly didnt help! i just have to get through these next 11 days and then LETS GO SEE EMINEM!!! WOO!!! i am absolutely DYING to see him its going to be phenomenal :D roll on!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

I thought he did cancel the show . I was fully sure . Now that you've used caps lock all over your post my faith is redeemed . Better rebook my accommodation . Now how will I put that shredded ticket back together ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Anyone know where you'd get cheap inflatable or fold out chairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Any one else camping down in slane farm hostel, gonna be great craic

10 days whooohooo roll on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Any one else camping down in slane farm hostel, gonna be great craic

10 days whooohooo roll on :)

Yup :D
    Gonna be epic :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Anybody know what the setlist will be ? The same as his Oxegen one ?

TheNap wrote: »
    Anybody know what the setlist will be ? The same as his Oxegen one ?

New tour so probably new set.

Supraman wrote: »
    I thought he did cancel the show . I was fully sure . Now that you've used caps lock all over your post my faith is redeemed . Better rebook my accommodation . Now how will I put that shredded ticket back together ?

He wont cancel, dont worry sure if he did they'rd be uproar on the internet and all over i really dont think he'd want to go though that again....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    He wont cancel, dont worry sure if he did they'rd be uproar on the internet and all over i really dont think he'd want to go though that again....

Phew. Mind at ease :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CdoubleU

Hi, Im thinking of driving up to this from Wexford, and leaving about 3? Is that a totally crazy idea? An hour and a half and ill be on the M50 around Dub, and then even if its 2 hours drive from there thats still half 6? I was thinking of booking into that slane carpark and campsite place, although I would also be driving back that evening? Thanks for any advice/thoughts of me being crazy! Its either that or I get a bus at 7AM!!! Which seems ridiculous to me!!

• Advertisement

Phew. Mind at ease :).

same here, you've no idea how much i keep worrying about it! i'm unreal! ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

A lot of tickets going cheap

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yup :D
    Gonna be epic :D

Ever been here before, any idea how busy this place will get? Not sure to bring a load of food or get stuff down there or what's the craic ,

Anyone ever stayed here for a concert before ???

Ever been here before, any idea how busy this place will get? Not sure to bring a load of food or get stuff down there or what's the craic ,

Anyone ever stayed here for a concert before ???

Friends had stayed there for Bon Jovi and said it got busy enough.
    We're planning on setting up camp and going into the village to get food in a cheap local shop anyway. Bringing a few bottles with us but that's it really.

What time you heading down at, trying to plan out own at the minute.

What time you heading down at, trying to plan out own at the minute.

Not heading down till 7 or so Friday evening as mates finishing work and that, so just gonna bring bread and stuff then see what the craic is , fly into the village if I have to,, once we have plenty of booze we shouldn't be too far wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Looking forward to it now. Wonder is this anything to go by with regards to the set list? "The masterful Detroit rhyme slinger ripped into classics such as "My name Is," "The Real Slim Shady," "Cleaning Out My Closet" and "Love the Way You Lie," dedicating the "Lie" to the ladies in the audience."

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/08/eminem_played_m.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

EMINEM at Slane Castle

Info & Times released by MCD:

Gates at 1.00pm

Music starts at 1.30pn

Eminem at 8.30pm

STRICTLY no queuing before 1pm!

Realistically I'm assuming we can still queue before then?

Prodigious wrote: »
    Realistically I'm assuming we can still queue before then?

Nope theyll move you & tell you come back.
    Did at bon jovi.
    Not many would que before 1 anyway.

Nope theyll move you & tell you come back.
    Did at bon jovi.
    Not many would que before 1 anyway.

There were golden circle tickets for bon jovi so queuing for pit passes didn't occur though, did it?

I'm safe enough anyway, staying with a friend, can see the entrance from his garden. Once I see the pit passes coming out I'll be there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

Just heard today that chance the rapper is also supporting which is brilliant as, imo, acid rap is the album of the year so far, even though it's a mixtape.

earl and tyler will also be excellent and I'm a big fan of odd future so I'm in heaven.

yelawolf and slaughterhouse are both good as well but I wouldn.t listen to much of their stuff.

plan b's set will give me time to leave the crowd for a bit of a rest at least.

as for em, I'm just delighted that I'm finally getting the chance to see him live and I'm sure he'll be unreal.

can't wait for this

What order do ye reckon it'll be? I think:

Chance
    Earlwolf
    Plan B
    Yelawolf
    Slaughterhouse
    Eminem

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just heard today that chance the rapper is also supporting which is brilliant as, imo, acid rap is the album of the year so far, even though it's a mixtape.

earl and tyler will also be excellent and I'm a big fan of odd future so I'm in heaven.

yelawolf and slaughterhouse are both good as well but I wouldn.t listen to much of their stuff.

plan b's set will give me time to leave the crowd for a bit of a rest at least.

as for em, I'm just delighted that I'm finally getting the chance to see him live and I'm sure he'll be unreal.

can't wait for this

Have to agree on Chance The Rapper, excellent mixtape. Not sure what his live performance is like though.

I would also hang around for Plan B, first album was excellent, and the soundtrack for his movie was also up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Have to agree on Chance The Rapper, excellent mixtape. Not sure what his live performance is like though.

I would also hang around for Plan B, first album was excellent, and the soundtrack for his movie was also up there.

i'm not sure what chance is like live, i'm sure there'll be some nerves as he won't have performed in front of a crowd this big, same goes for earlwolf and probably yelawolf.

fair enough re plan b ill listen to some of his stuff be fore next week, i havn't really given him a chance yet tbh, wasn't too gone with his big hit a while ago (forget what it was called)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Tyler and Yelawolf have been playing the festival circuits, so they should know what it's all about.
    The first Plan B album is totally different to the second one where he had the hits from. Much darker.

Prodigious wrote: »
    What order do ye reckon it'll be? I think:

Chance
    Earlwolf
    Plan B
    Yelawolf
    Slaughterhouse
    Eminem

Judging by the poster(few pages back) & how MCD are writing it.

Chance
    Slaughterhouse
    Yelawolf
    Earlwolf
    Plan B
    Eminem.

This would be most sense aswell as plan b is a big artist here. odd Future have sold the olympia so that would meam next for earlwolf..

Other three are unknown here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Delighted to see that Criminal and Still adopt Give A **** are on the setlist, that's only twenty songs there and IIRC in Belfast and most of the Recovery tour he done about 5 more, so we could see more added.

As for the support order I'd say it'll go something like:

Chance, Plan B, Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse, Earl & Tyler, then Em.

Me and a few lads are staying at Slane Farm Hostel, just gonna bring food for Friday night and well have to rely on barely any food and lots of drink for Saturday I suppose.

Anyone know if there will be pit tickets given out or is it only this 'Golden Circle'?

There is no golden circle for this concert.
    Are we alright bringing in a bag with food in it?

Eminem due on 8:30?? Hes due to perform for 2 hours then..
    Isnt his normal set about 1.30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 WeUp

Could anyone tell me some popular Yelawolf songs I should be familiar with?

Advertisement