Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

WeUp wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me some popular Yelawolf songs I should be familiar with?

Throw it up is decent enough not sure of his new stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Delighted to see that Criminal and Still adopt Give A **** are on the setlist, that's only twenty songs there and IIRC in Belfast and most of the Recovery tour he done about 5 more, so we could see more added.

As for the support order I'd say it'll go something like:

Chance, Plan B, Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse, Earl & Tyler, then Em.

Me and a few lads are staying at Slane Farm Hostel, just gonna bring food for Friday night and well have to rely on barely any food and lots of drink for Saturday I suppose.

Anyone know if there will be pit tickets given out or is it only this 'Golden Circle'?

Plan B will be on before Eminem and will therefore be the main support act. That's the way MCD are promoting it and he's too big of an act to have playing to a half full venue early in the day.

No gold circle pit for this so first few thousand in the gate at 1pm will get a wristband. You're reward? The pleasure of then paying €6 a pint all day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Any one else camping down in slane farm hostel, gonna be great craic

10 days whooohooo roll on :)
    Plan B will be on before Eminem and will therefore be the main support act. That's the way MCD are promoting it and he's too big of an act to have playing to a half full venue early in the day.

No gold circle pit for this so first few thousand in the gate at 1pm will get a wristband. You're reward? The pleasure of then paying €6 a pint all day!!

Is there a separate bar for the Pit? Six euro, **** that. May drink an insane amount before if that's the case.. That or sneak in something else

Prodigious wrote: »
    There is no golden circle for this concert.
    Are we alright bringing in a bag with food in it?

Nope, you won't be left bring in any food. That's the set up at all major one day gigs in this country.

Think about it? If they allowed everyone bring food, nobody would purchase from the food vendors who will have paid MCD a significant amount of money to be left set up in the venue. Same theory is applied for drink. Heineken would not pay big sponsorship fees if people were allowed bring drink in with them because they would make zero profit!!!

Few options:

1. Arrive early, bring plenty cash and buy as much drink/food as you wish.

2. Arrive early, bring little cash and survive on couple pints and a bag of chips.

3. Arrive late, full of drink & food (often favoured by the Irish festival goer) and therefore eliminate the need for major spend in the arena. Drawback is you miss most/all of support.

4. Arrive mid way through the day with some cash and spend economically!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is there a separate bar for the Pit? Six euro, **** that. May drink an insane amount before if that's the case.. That or sneak in something else

Nope, pit goers ahve to use the same bar as everyone else..
    Easiest thing to do is have a few drinks and head down about half 2 ish, getting a pit pass will be grand at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Nope, pit goers ahve to use the same bar as everyone else..
    Easiest thing to do is have a few drinks and head down about half 2 ish, getting a pit pass will be grand at that stage.

Really though? I don't wanna risk it at all.

That's balls about the food... I'll get a massive breakfast into me so :D

Really though? I don't wanna risk it at all.

That's balls about the food... I'll get a massive breakfast into me so :D

Really, youll be grand honestly :) pits are never full til about an hour after gates, plus at slane the pit will be about 4/5,000 :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think i'm a bit pee'd off that I'm not going to Slane now, I originally wasn't jumping up and down when I heard Em was playing, still not really....but the support lineup has whet my whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

Can't wait for this gig. Hoping to get there early enough to get a pit wristband, never been to Slane before

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Just watched the anger management tour DVD and I'm absolutely buzzing for this, next week can't come quick enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Laim

according to this article music starts at 1:30 http://www.newstalk.ie/Major-security-planned-for-Eminem-concert-at-Slane-Castle , yet on the ticket it says the gates open at 3 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

8 days to go, cant believe its only 8 now, i remember buying the tickets 8 months ago and telling my bos i would be looking for the weekend off and he broke his arse laughing!!! He wasnt laughing so hard doing next weeks roster when he realised there is 2 of a 4 man team going to Slane!! Bring it on.

Laim wrote: »
    according to this article music starts at 1:30 http://www.newstalk.ie/Major-security-planned-for-Eminem-concert-at-Slane-Castle , yet on the ticket it says the gates open at 3 ??

That often is the case with some big outdoor gigs in this country.

When the tickets originally went on
    sale,MCD would not have known full support acts, how long Eminem would
    want on stage, detailed security plans
    etc, therefore they just slap a time down
    and put "showtimes MCD.ie" next to it to cover themselves.

Everyone who bought a ticket through TM will receive an email in the coming
    week anyway detailing this time change.

Source of mine in the local area told me
    the earlier gate time is an attempt to get people off the streets/campsites/carparks and into the
    venue as early as possible as it's then easier to police.

I was there for Bon Jovi and the atmosphere in the streets/pubs was
    great all morning/afternoon as the gates weren't until 3pm that day!!

I'm going aswell next week, I expect the atmosphere to be just as good and lively but I would imagine it will be confined to the venue itself rather than the streets/pubs leading to the castle!

Also, word of warning to those heading along, there is no ATM in Slane village and I didn't see any in the venue either and the local shop was limiting cashback to €50 so arrive with cash!!

Navan is the closest ATM!!

Laim wrote: »

Sniffer dogs? Surely that would be fairly useless in a situation like this, massive crowds and (undeniably) quantities of drugs everywhere..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You'd be suprised, sniffer dogs are extremely well trained and very accurate.
    All they do is give a sign to thier handler, the handler gives a sign to the nearest Garda, Garda acts.

Sniffer dogs? Surely that would be fairly useless in a situation like this, massive crowds and (undeniably) quantities of drugs everywhere..

They had sniffer dogs on patrol in Marlay Park last year for the Guetta gig.

From what i saw they were very effective. Teams of 3, Dog, it's handler
    and a Garda simply walking along the queue, dog would suddendly sit and the Garda who was walking in the team
    would then ask the person in question to step out of the queue and into a small tent near the entrance!!

They also had a 2 sniffer dogs at the entrance to the toilets at Marlay Park for a large portion if the day!!

Saw plenty people being brought in. Unless you want your day out at Slane to turn into a court appearance, stick to the pints!!

Mr.S wrote: »
    1:00pm Gates
    1:30pm Chance The Rapper
    2:45pm Slaughterhouse
    4:00pm Yelawolf
    5:15pm Earlwolf
    6:30pm Plan B
    8:00pm(approx) Eminem

source?

Mr.S wrote: »
    1:00pm Gates
    1:30pm Chance The Rapper
    2:45pm Slaughterhouse
    4:00pm Yelawolf
    5:15pm Earlwolf
    6:30pm Plan B
    8:00pm(approx) Eminem

Ah you're a hero amongst men.
    Still though, annoyed Plan B is on last but sure look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You'd be suprised, sniffer dogs are extremely well trained and very accurate.
    All they do is give a sign to thier handler, the handler gives a sign to the nearest Garda, Garda acts.

The idea of sniffer dogs with a crowd this size is crazy, complete rubbish. Excuse for random searches most likely.

nm wrote: »
    The idea of sniffer dogs with a crowd this size is crazy, complete rubbish. Excuse for random searches most likely.

You know that they are deployed in airports, stadiums, bus stations, etc. and catch people regularly?
    And its not going to be like 1 dog with 80,000 people walking past in a 2 second period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

nm wrote: »

These arnt your regular German Shepards, Spaniels or Labradors.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

If Plan B plays the songs with Chase and Status 'Pieces' and 'Fool Yourself' then you guys wont be complaining because they are mental live haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

My sister and her friend are going to this, they are 16 and 15. I am going to meet them at the gate, will there be a problem getting them in even though im not their parent/guardian. I am 25.

Any info appreciated, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

i'd almost go just for earlwolf tbh

Less than 2000 tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Less than 2000 tickets left.

80000 capacity as far as I know so it'll be pretty packed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

kingcobra wrote: »

That's double what was at Oxegen over the weekend! Hard to believe really!

kingcobra wrote: »

Capacity for next weekend is 83,500. This was confirmed at the Garda press briefing held on Thursday at Slane Castle.

Details also confirmed in a number of national newspapers. Capacity details towards end of article.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/clampdown-on-drink-as-500-gardai-set-for-eminem-gig-29485457.html

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

Capacity for next weekend is 83,500. This was confirmed at the Garda press briefing held on Thursday at Slane Castle.

Details also confirmed in a number of national newspapers. Capacity details towards end of article.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/clampdown-on-drink-as-500-gardai-set-for-eminem-gig-29485457.html

Big crowd! Makes me want pit passes even more! Wonder how quick pit passes will go, gonna try to get there as early as I can

• Advertisement

DsJewel wrote: »
    Big crowd! Makes me want pit passes even more! Wonder how quick pit passes will go, gonna try to get there as early as I can

This is something I'm curious about too. What happens if/when a few thousand people show up before 1pm?

Advertisement