Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

DsJewel wrote: »
    Big crowd! Makes me want pit passes even more! Wonder how quick pit passes will go, gonna try to get there as early as I can

be there around 2 and you'll be perfect for a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

bennyl10 wrote: »
    be there around 2 and you'll be perfect for a pass.

Really, I'm aiming for around 1, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Hey guys

Very, very, very excited about this one! I had tickets for his last Slane concert and was devastated when it was cancelled!!

We won't make it up in time to try and get pit tickets, but I'm wondering if there's any other arena separation, or if it's just get in and find a spot anywhere. I'm in G70, but don't know if that actually means anything!

Cheers!

Hey guys

Very, very, very excited about this one! I had tickets for his last Slane concert and was devastated when it was cancelled!!

We won't make it up in time to try and get pit tickets, but I'm wondering if there's any other arena separation, or if it's just get in and find a spot anywhere. I'm in G70, but don't know if that actually means anything!

Cheers!

The Gnumber is just for ticketmaster to keep track of ticket numbers :)

There may be a further block about half way up the hill, btu that all depends on how MCD decide to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The Gnumber is just for ticketmaster to keep track of ticket numbers :)

There may be a further block about half way up the hill, btu that all depends on how MCD decide to do it

Cheers. Yeah, I want to get as close as possible so that our eyes can meet, we fall in love, and he realises he wants me to have his babies, etc., but I probably won't get there 'till around 5, so may be a bit far away. I better bring my stilts...

• Advertisement

Cheers. Yeah, I want to get as close as possible so that our eyes can meet, we fall in love, and he realises he wants me to have his babies, etc., but I probably won't get there 'till around 5, so may be a bit far away. I better bring my stilts...

You wont be too far back :) from experience I'd say only 5/6 rows from pit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CreepyRedCafe

Hi,

I was wondering how far away do the coaches park? I'm getting a translink coach from Belfast at 10am. I'm going with my friend, we are planing on brining some alcohol for the bus and the walk to the venue. Would we be okay drinking on our way through the village? Also, how bad is it getting back to the coach from the venue? I would imagine it will be hectic, 80 odd thousand drunk people all pouring out the gate. I'm a little bit concerned by this, as I've never been to Slane before, and I've certainly not being to a concert of this capacity. When going through the village, can you go in to pubs for a pint or will they be closed? How much does a bottle of beer inside the venue cost? I'm assuming the queues will be horrific? Will the bars accept sterling if I run out of euro? I think that's all for now. Oh, and is it a good idea to bring wellie boots even if the weather looks okay? I don't want to be cutting around in wellies with my friend like a weirdo... Thank you.

Hi,

I was wondering how far away do the coaches park? I'm getting a translink coach from Belfast at 10am. I'm going with my friend, we are planing on brining some alcohol for the bus and the walk to the venue. Would we be okay drinking on our way through the village? Also, how bad is it getting back to the coach from the venue? I would imagine it will be hectic, 80 odd thousand drunk people all pouring out the gate. I'm a little bit concerned by this, as I've never been to Slane before, and I've certainly not being to a concert of this capacity. When going through the village, can you go in to pubs for a pint or will they be closed? How much does a bottle of beer inside the venue cost? I'm assuming the queues will be horrific? Will the bars accept sterling if I run out of euro? I think that's all for now. Oh, and is it a good idea to bring wellie boots even if the weather looks okay? I don't want to be cutting around in wellies with my friend like a weirdo... Thank you.

Drinking on the bus will be fine but you should know The village is completely closed off to all but residents from about 3 o'clock on the day of the show( was that way at bon jovi and KOL), so if ye're not in before that the coach to he gig will drop ye off at the castle.

No Bottles inside, only pints of probably Heineken and these are 6 euro a pop.

going back Ques wont be that bad, just follow the crowd and take your time.

For sterling, I;m not sure e-mail MCD and ask, but I'd say its a long shot.

Won't ned wellies at all dude:)

Thanks for the reply!

Will traffic be as normal to Slane? Our bus departs at 10am so in theory we should be arriving at Slane village at 11:30am. It's a bit early, isn't it?

Thanks for the reply!

Will traffic be as normal to Slane? Our bus departs at 10am so in theory we should be arriving at Slane village at 11:30am. It's a bit early, isn't it?

That I'm honestly not sure about, its a bit early though, as you cant que til one.. you could end up wandering arou.d for a while..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Normal traffic to a concert of over 80000. Good one.

Normal traffic to a concert of over 80000. Good one.

Well I really doubt there will be any disruptions on the M1... As far as where the coaches will park, that I don't know, but I can't see it being a major problem.
    I'd take a guess and say translink have done this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

Going to the Eminem concert next week and was thinking about taking a backpack for raincoat, camera etc.. are you allowed to carry backpacks into the concert?

jdunne08 wrote: »
    Going to the Eminem concert next week and was thinking about taking a backpack for raincoat, camera etc.. are you allowed to carry backpacks into the concert?

Yup, bur it'll be searched for food/drink/drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I remember being allowed a bag in the o2 for Jay Z and Kanye, not sure about Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Prodigious wrote: »
    I remember being allowed a bag in the o2 for Jay Z and Kanye, not sure about Slane.

Indoor and outdoor gigs are treated very different. The O2 is a purpose built concert which is very easy to monitor and the crowd is confined for a 2-4 hour period. You usually get a quick search going into O2 but can bring bags etc. You will be able to bring a backpack to Slane aswell but it will be searched in more detail.

Slane is a wide open field with 83,500 people for a 10 hour period which is much harder to police and therefore security is generally stepped up. Also, the media attention that major outdoor gigs receive in this country force a different approach by the organisers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Yep you are allowed to bring a bag, provided they haven't made up a new rule for outdoor concerts! Don't even bother trying to sneak anything in through it though, it'll be searched heavily on the way in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Really hope he does Elevator, deja vu and beautiful and mockingbird :) i really cant wait sooo excited. only 6 days left!!! :D

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    Really hope he does Elevator, deja vu and beautiful and mockingbird :) i really cant wait sooo excited. only 6 days left!!! :D

Elevator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

yea, it was on the relapse album http://youtu.be/aUOSsK08QfE

• Advertisement

6 days to go now :D
    And then croker on the sunday! Gonna be great weekend D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 megan313

Does anyone know if there's more than one entrance to slane & which one is closer to the stage?

megan313 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's more than one entrance to slane & which one is closer to the stage?

one entrance,

35 minute walk form entrance to stage regardless where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Someone said Slane village closes down for the day? Would a few (well behaved!) lads be able to get in there before 1 and watch the football before heading to the concert? How far from the village to Slane Castle? Thanks in advance

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Someone said Slane village closes down for the day? Would a few (well behaved!) lads be able to get in there before 1 and watch the football before heading to the concert? How far from the village to Slane Castle? Thanks in advance

Doesnt close until 3 i think, so ye should be fine(thinking the same myself atm).
    Bout ten min walk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 emmethay

There are ways and means people. Come on......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

And the risk of being denied entry. No thanks.

Im told now it's no queueing before 12, not 1?

emmethay wrote: »
    There are ways and means people. Come on......

Of what exactly :p

• Advertisement

Im told now it's no queueing before 12, not 1?

Link?
    Every poster says 1 and the castle themselves.

Advertisement