Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

What time did people get back into Dublin after the Bon Jovi gig (or recent years) using the buses?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 emmethay

Zero risk ! Fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

emmethay wrote: »
    Zero risk ! Fact

Have fun then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Zero risk ! Fact

That really depends what you're planning?

Question. Theoretically if ~1000 people arrive at 11AM to queue, what happens?

• Advertisement

Prodigious wrote: »
    Question. Theoretically if ~1000 people arrive at 11AM to queue, what happens?

The guards tell them to move.. did it at green day in 2010.. theyre forcefull about making you move too..

So basically they'll queue at the entrance to the queue?

Prodigious wrote: »
    So basically they'll queue at the entrance to the queue?

Theyll move you on to a road
    sO that wont happen :p but ya you find somewhere to mull & about 12:45 you run to the que..
    Walking from campsite about 12:40 meself to take a look, will make a decision then..

Sorted

What's best campsite?

• Advertisement

What's best campsite?

Do you just not reply to anything :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vinapaddy

Does anyone know of any buses going to slane on the Friday night from Dublin? Or minibuses from Navan or drogheda?

Edit: I did Google "Eminem minibus" but ended up looking at this bit of motor magic :)
    http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/adamcohn/6289633802/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

The last bus from Dublin to Slane on Friday is at 4:45pm. Leaves busarus and goes to Slane. 2 stops though.

http://journeyplanner.buseireann.ie/jp/bin/query.exe/en?ld=std&currentCSS=theme_be&seqnr=1&ident=5j.031262.1376291599&REQ0HafasScrollDir=1

• Registered Users Posts: 23 megan313

bennyl10 wrote: »
    one entrance,

35 minute walk form entrance to stage regardless where you are.

One entrance for 80,000 people?! Do they scan your tickets before or after the 35 minute walk?

megan313 wrote: »
    One entrance for 80,000 people?! Do they scan your tickets before or after the 35 minute walk?

Arrival times for coaches are staggerwd for this. exact reason They may add a 2nd entrance but thats max.

Before hand. The stage us at the very bottom of a fairly large hill.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ive been to slane multiple times so a few tips for people:

The bar queue can be crazy. At the prodigy/Oasis it was the guts of an hours worth of a queue. If you look under 25, bring ID with you!

Slane can get muddy, but only in certain places Ive found. Weather is meant to overcast for the day, so hopefully that will dry out the land (its meant to be raining on the friday).

Dont bother bringing anything in, and be careful about bringing booze. The Gardai this year have said there is to be no public consumption of alcohol.

You will get food in the venue. These are normally down beside the stage and up at the top of the hill.

If its a sellout, the further back you are, the more room you have. Ive been to full capacity gigs, and there is still room to sit down (if you want).

The walk is long! Wear comfortable shoes.

I want to stress this one!: Mobile phone signal is very patchy for the most. If you plan on meeting friends there, pick somewhere to meet them. (like the abrakebabra van at the top of the hill). Equally, you have should a "seperation meeting point". I know in previous years it can take a few hours for messages to come through. Calls may not get through (most of the time they wont).

Overall, enjoy yourselves! Slane is a fantastic venue, and I have very fond memories! I will wave to ye all from the roof of the castle, so keep an eye on me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

How do you get into the Gold / Diamond circle? VIP tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

jdunne08 wrote: »
    How do you get into the Gold / Diamond circle? VIP tickets?

Seems there is no gold/ diamond circle. It's a first come, first serve for pit wristbands

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

DsJewel wrote: »
    Seems there is no gold/ diamond circle. It's a first come, first serve for pit wristbands

Oh i thought there was, What do you mean by pit wristband?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

How many people is everyone going with? are most going with large groups or just a few people?
    Do most just go straight to the standing area when you arrive and spend the day there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

jdunne08 wrote: »
    Oh i thought there was, What do you mean by pit wristband?

The first few thousand in the gates will get a wristband which allows them access to the pit area (the railed off section in front of the stage)..only people with this band can enter the pit.

How many people is everyone going with? are most going with large groups or just a few people?
    Do most just go straight to the standing area when you arrive and spend the day there?

Does it really make a difference? Personally, I usually just go with 1 or 2 mates. Large groups never end up sticking together because some will want to push forward and get close, others will be happy to hang at the back, others will be too drunk to enjoy themselves and end up asleep at the back and then there is the usual group argument which causes a split anyway.

Better off with one or two good mates who you know won't ruin the day/act the idiot and who will enjoy the gig.

Most people just go in,grab a spot on the grass near the stage and have a few beers!!

Anyone know how much a taxi from Drogheda - Slane would be and would we need to it book in advance for around 5am? Thanks!

Anyone know how much a taxi from Drogheda - Slane would be and would we need to it book in advance for around 5am? Thanks!

About 20-30 quid.. why 5am..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody know roughly how many tickets have been sold for this? Because of the amount being sold over facebook statuses people are trying to say there's gonna be fùck all there when I was told there's roughly 80000 tickets already sold :pac:

bennyl10 wrote: »
    About 20-30 quid.. why 5am..

Because that's what time we'll be in Drogheda at and there's no point in hanging about there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Because that's what time we'll be in Drogheda at and there's no point in hanging about there lol

Why are you going up to drogheda so early? 5am is seriously over the top, you'll have to hang around either drogheda or slane for absolutely hours before even being able to queue for the concert

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Anybody know roughly how many tickets have been sold for this? Because of the amount being sold over facebook statuses people are trying to say there's gonna be fùck all there when I was told there's roughly 80000 tickets already sold :pac:

Less than 2000 left, I work at a Ticketmaster outlet.

Why are you going up to drogheda so early? 5am is seriously over the top, you'll have to hang around either drogheda or slane for absolutely hours before even being able to queue for the concert

Because none of the available buses leave belfast until 11-12 on Saturday and I need to be front row. Front row at the barrier. A few rows back isn't good enough for me lol I don't care about hanging around for hours, i'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Advertisement

Less than 2,000 left according to reports.

83,500 is capacity is in excess of 81,000 sold to date.

There's always tickets on sale on ad sites/social media in days leading up to big gigs as people can no longer attend for various reasons. Remember most of these tickets were purhased 8-9 months ago and people's circumstances change.

There will be a capacity crowd there on Saturday!

Advertisement