Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

megan313 wrote: »
    Because none of the available buses leave belfast until 11-12 on Saturday and I need to be front row. Front row at the barrier. A few rows back isn't good enough for me lol I don't care about hanging around for hours, i'd rather be safe than sorry.

That's the same time the buses will be leaving dublin, be there for 1 and you're guaranteed front row, honestly 5am is just madness

• Registered Users Posts: 23 megan313

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That's the same time the buses will be leaving dublin, be there for 1 and you're guaranteed front row, honestly 5am is just madness

A load of people i've been talking to on twitter are going down from 7am, the buses are booked anyway so at least i'll be familiar with the surroundings haha. Gates open at 1, I go to a lot of concerts and I know for a fact that being front row doesn't happen when you arrive that late. At Tennent's Vital I queued from 5.30 and there was already people there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

A load of people i've been talking to on twitter are going down from 7am, the buses are booked anyway so at least i'll be familiar with the surroundings haha. Gates open at 1, I go to a lot of concerts and I know for a fact that being front row doesn't happen when you arrive that late. At Tennent's Vital I queued from 5.30 and there was already people there :p

Do the words "no queing" mean nothing?!
    That wasnt said at Vital.. it is now & will indeed be inforced.
    Buses to the castle will not arrive until 1 earliest.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Do the words "no queing" mean nothing?!
    That wasnt said at Vital.. it is now & will indeed be inforced.
    Buses to the castle will not arrive until 1 earliest.

It was said at vital lol and other concerts i've been to, and there are buses leaving belfast from 9am but they're booked out. I'll let you know how it goes though ;)

It was said at vital lol and other concerts i've been to, and there are buses leaving belfast from 9am but they're booked out. I'll let you know how it goes though ;)

And do you know why these buses at 9 are booked out? Because that's what time normal people go to slane from belfast at, I actually can't express the fact that you can't be there before 1 enough, vital and slane are a different kettle of fish altogether, expect the garda to tell you to literally fùck off if you're there too early.

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    And do you know why these buses at 9 are booked out? Because that's what time normal people go to slane from belfast at, I actually can't express the fact that you can't be there before 1 enough, vital and slane are a different kettle of fish altogether, expect the garda to tell you to literally fùck off if you're there too early.

This. The Guards will be in no mood to mess around Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Some of the times I've seen people heading down at are crazy. 5am??? Do you know Eminem isn't on until 8.30pm?? That is 15.5 hours, travelling, hanging around, getting too tired to properly enjoy it. Presume you travel from Belfast at 3 or 4am, you would be on the go and bored for the guts of 18 hours. And that's assuming you get some sleep on the Friday and your not drinking on the Saturday, cos even if your not drunk, a couple of drinks would make you considerably more tired.

We are travelling down from Dublin at about 2 or 3pm and I have no doubt we will get a great spot with a great view in the middle of everything. Getting to Slane at 12 to join a Q for 1pm is guaranteed front row pit, any earlier is craziness.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Some of the times I've seen people heading down at are crazy. 5am??? Do you know Eminem isn't on until 8.30pm?? That is 15.5 hours, travelling, hanging around, getting too tired to properly enjoy it. Presume you travel from Belfast at 3 or 4am, you would be on the go and bored for the guts of 18 hours. And that's assuming you get some sleep on the Friday and your not drinking on the Saturday, cos even if your not drunk, a couple of drinks would make you considerably more tired.

We are travelling down from Dublin at about 2 or 3pm and I have no doubt we will get a great spot with a great view in the middle of everything. Getting to Slane at 12 to join a Q for 1pm is guaranteed front row pit, any earlier is craziness.

I've camped out for over 18 hours before for a concert, when the artist is on you really don't give a **** about anything else. Since it's close to impossible to meet him, being front row with my banner is the second best option - he even spoke to me last time lol. Maybe I am crazy but being there so early will put my mind at ease :P

I've camped out for over 18 hours before for a concert, when the artist is on you really don't give a **** about anything else. Since it's close to impossible to meet him, being front row with my banner is the second best option - he even spoke to me last time lol. Maybe I am crazy but being there so early will put my mind at ease :P

Never understand camping.. for green.day & paramore ive strolled at 2(gates at 5) and gotten barrier no bother..

Your mind'll be at ease, but like that much time isnt worth it.. for any act..
    Like how early are you leaving belfast..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

At the Justin Timberlake gig in phoenix park I got there at 5.30 , gates at 6, and was about 5 rows back.

• Advertisement

My friend and I are gonna book a bus to slane from Dublin, gonna be getting the train up from Kerry on Saturday. Dublin Bus & marathon sports travel are both running buses. Just wondering if anyone knows if one is better than the other? Or does it make no difference?

All banners, flags, umbrellas etc. are being confiscated at the gate per MCD website.

And what about when you are front row at 6 or 7pm and need the toilet?? Do you think you will get straight back to "your" spot in the front?? If I was standing behind you and you left I wouldn't hesitate to take the spot you were in and I'd have no intention of moving when you came back.

If it works out for you, best of luck. I just think it is crazy.

DsJewel wrote: »
    My friend and I are gonna book a bus to slane from Dublin, gonna be getting the train up from Kerry on Saturday. Dublin Bus & marathon sports travel are both running buses. Just wondering if anyone knows if one is better than the other? Or does it make no difference?

Three of us heading up Friday night from Kerry, staying in Dublin. Getting the bus from Parnell Sq. to Slane with Dublin Bus for €25 return. They are running buses from 12 to 5pm, think we are heading to Slane about 2 or 3pm but with the strike threatening to happen again I will look at it on Friday evening but price wise they should be the same as Marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I still need to book buses too would marathon buses be better if dublin bus are potentially going on a strike?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

Sorry if this has been asked already but does anyone know how long the bus from Parnell Sq. takes to get to Slane? Also if we're on the 12pm how good our chances would be of getting pit passes?

Sorry if this has been asked already but does anyone know how long the bus from Parnell Sq. takes to get to Slane? Also if we're on the 12pm how good our chances would be of getting pit passes?

be at slane for about 1..
    guaranteed.

I'm aiming for the 12 bus as well, hoping to get pit passes.
    Also hoping the weathers decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I still need to book buses too would marathon buses be better if dublin bus are potentially going on a strike?

You can turn up to Custom House Quay on the day and pay for a bus with Marathon apparently:

http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_faqs.php
    MARATHON COACH SERVICES
    Marathon Coach Service from Dublin to Slane: Departure from Dublin at Custom House Quay. Pick up at 12.00; 13.00; 14.00; 15.00; 16.00; 17.00 hrs. Return from Slane directly after the concert from Dublin Transport Hub – closest bus stop to Slane to Custom House Quay. Tickets priced €20 when purchased in advance in advance online: www.bushiredublin.net Tel Marathon Coaches on (01) 4790344 for information. Tickets priced at €25 when purchased on the day of the concert (Please be advised booking in advance is strongly recommended to ensure bus companies can accommodate everyone accordingly)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hatfry

Hey everyone, just booked tickets for myself and the missus there on ticketmaster and we clicked the "collect tickets from boxoffice" option, can anyone tell me where we go on the day to get our tickets and will it be hard to get a hold of them? Cheers

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Never understand camping.. for green.day & paramore ive strolled at 2(gates at 5) and gotten barrier no bother..

Your mind'll be at ease, but like that much time isnt worth it.. for any act..
    Like how early are you leaving belfast..

It's part of the experience, you get to meet other huge fans etc & 1am lol we wouldn't have slept anyway. The song "Stan" literally describes me...

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    All banners, flags, umbrellas etc. are being confiscated at the gate per MCD website.

And what about when you are front row at 6 or 7pm and need the toilet?? Do you think you will get straight back to "your" spot in the front?? If I was standing behind you and you left I wouldn't hesitate to take the spot you were in and I'd have no intention of moving when you came back.

If it works out for you, best of luck. I just think it is crazy.

Like I said, I go to A LOT of concerts so I know how long a have to go without the toilet & I know there's no way to get back to the barrier if you leave. And I always have ways of getting them in lol maybe my luck will run out this time, maybe not but i'll chance my arm anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

So close I can feel the blisters forming on my feet already, really hope to hear Royce and em do bad meets evil off the first album , that would be unreal !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It's part of the experience, you get to meet other huge fans etc & 1am lol we wouldn't have slept anyway. The song "Stan" literally describes me...

Hardly 'literally' considering you're a girl. Unless you envisage yourself as Dido's character :eek:.

Have you driven off a bridge with a pregnant girl in the boot too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Nah, she has SHADY tattooed across the chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

So your little brother is a bigger Eminem fan then?

Got my ticket out to slane with Dublin bus . Between concert tickets,train,buses,accommodation, these gigs are never cheap !

As of 5.30pm today there were 2640 tickets left exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Is there a pit for first few thousand?
    Youll get a wristband or something and will be allowed back in after going to bar or toilet?

Or is it just a free for all?

• Advertisement

Is there a pit for first few thousand?
    Youll get a wristband or something and will be allowed back in after going to bar or toilet?

Or is it just a free for all?

Wristband for the first few thousand.

Advertisement