Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

How long is the walk into the concert. I am getting dublin bus out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

carly_86 wrote: »
    How long is the walk into the concert. I am getting dublin bus out

You'll get dropped off near Fennor Cross which is approx 35 minute walk to the castle gates.

Probably a 45 minute walk on way back given the volume of people.

You'll get dropped off near Fennor Cross which is approx 35 minute walk to the castle gates.

Probably a 45 minute walk on way back given the volume of people.

Oh thank god some1 was telling me it was 2 hour walk i think he was taking the piss

Oh thank god some1 was telling me it was 2 hour walk i think he was taking the piss

Back in 2009 and to an extent 2011, it probably was that long after the gig because the traffic management plan was terrible but it's improved greatly for 2013.

I always stay in Slane so don't have direct experience but friends of mine got Dublin bus for Bon Jovi and had no problems.

Private buses tend to park a bit further away so maybe the person you were speaking to was referring to that.

From the moment you get off the bus, depending how quickly you walk, it should take approx 35-45 mins to the gate and another 15-30 minutes to clear security/ticket checks!!

Back in 2009 and to an extent 2011, it probably was that long after the gig because the traffic management plan was terrible but it's improved greatly for 2013.

I always stay in Slane so don't have direct experience but friends of mine got Dublin bus for Bon Jovi and had no problems.

Private buses tend to park a bit further away so maybe the person you were speaking to was referring to that.

From the moment you get off the bus, depending how quickly you walk, it should take approx 35-45 mins to the gate and another 15-30 minutes to clear security/ticket checks!!

Cheers for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Can anyone recommend any tunes from the warm up acts to go have a listen to? Hopefully I can get into the popular stuff, I know some of you guys are big fans hopefully you can point me in the right direction! I'm sure they're all awesome, I recall heading to Punchestown back when I was 14 not having a clue who Cypress Hill, Xzibit or Obie Trice were but walked away loving them..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Probably been asked but what's the deal with being dropped off/ collected by car. Is it possible? How far away will it leave us.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

this si the best song from chance the rapper

his whole mixtape is fantastic

this song is defo going to be played by earlwolf and is class

tyler and earl have a few more songs together and will surely play individual stuff as well.

not too sure about yelawolf as i havnt listened to much of his stuff, same with slaughterhouse, although they are comprised of 4 excellent mcs

plan b ... well i dont know. his songs with chase and status are bangers at least.

its going to be a great gig

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Most of the time, you can be on the bus within an hour. I had to endure a long walk before though. Left at the end (around 11pm I think) and I eventally got to the car just after 2:30am. That was a shambles that year!

Oh by the way, if you are bringing wellies, pack football socks if you have them. Theres a high chance they will end up digging into your legs!

antodeco wrote: »
    Most of the time, you can be on the bus within an hour. I had to endure a long walk before though. Left at the end (around 11pm I think) and I eventally got to the car just after 2:30am. That was a shambles that year!

Oh by the way, if you are bringing wellies, pack football socks if you have them. Theres a high chance they will end up digging into your legs!

Ya i had a bad experiance with wellies last year at a concert in phoniex park my legs were covered in blood i said next time i am bringing runners as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

DC10555 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any tunes from the warm up acts to go have a listen to? Hopefully I can get into the popular stuff, I know some of you guys are big fans hopefully you can point me in the right direction! I'm sure they're all awesome, I recall heading to Punchestown back when I was 14 not having a clue who Cypress Hill, Xzibit or Obie Trice were but walked away loving them..

Our house -Slaughterhouse
    Throw that - "
    Flip a bird - "

Tyler the creator
    Yonkers
    She

They are pretty good might introduce you to more of there sounds

3 more days to go whooohooo !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

DC10555 wrote: »

Slaughterhouse: Singles from last album; My Life, Throw It Away and Goodbye. I think they'll definitely play Hammer Dance and they usually throw in the Shady 2.0 cypher and let Joe Budden play Pump It Up as its probably the biggest hit from any of them.

Yelawolf changes his setlist so much its hard to guess but he supported Eminem recently at the G shock event and his setlist was
    "Catfish Billy" ,"Trunk Muzik", "Hard White" and "Fire Starter". "Daddy's Lambo" and "Pop the Trunk" are always possibilites.

I'm just hoping that with both Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse there they join Eminem for 2.0 Boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Wait, is tyler the creator gonna be there? Since when??

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Tyler the creator + earl sweatshirt = earlwolf

Since always, haha. Earlwolf is a group consisting of Tyler the Creator and Earl Sweatshirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Tyler the creator + earl sweatshirt = earlwolf
    Syndic wrote: »
    Since always, haha. Earlwolf is a group consisting of Tyler the Creator and Earl Sweatshirt

Ye learn something new every day! I'm not up on my rap and hip hop people but I know Tyler the creator and a few of his songs. Can't wait now :D

New Em song "Survival" just premiered on callofduty.com. New stuff sounding good...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

I'm heading up with friends and I was wondering can my brother pick us up by car after the concert? Any help/advice would be MUCH appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'm heading up with friends and I was wondering can my brother pick us up by car after the concert? Any help/advice would be MUCH appreciated!

Yes, once you are prepared to walk a considerable distance to the car. I imagine buses would be closer than cars and it is about 45mins- 1hour walk for the bus after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

this is the be..

its going to be a great gig
    Syndic wrote: »
    Slaughterhouse: Singles fro...

I'm just hoping that with both Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse there they join Eminem for 2.0 Boys
    Our house -Slaughterh...

3 more days to go whooohooo !!!!!

Wow! Thanks for the replies lads, There is some AWESOME stuff here, really getting buzzed about Saturday now! :)

• Advertisement

Just watched 8 mile and got goosebumps when Lose Yourself played.

BRING.......IT...........OOOOOONN

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Irish_Kavo

Hi was just wondering are slane going to be selling drink at the show our what is the story please

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gollyn9

Irish_Kavo wrote: »
    Hi was just wondering are slane going to be selling drink at the show our what is the story please
    Yes. Pints of heinekin for e6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

dobman88 wrote: »
    You have your crystal ball for the 19th????

What's your point?

Irish_Kavo wrote: »

There will be 3 large bars on site.

They will be selling pints of Heineken and small bottles of red and white wine. These will be €6.

There will be separate outlets selling minerals/water etc dotted around in
    between the food stalls, usually €2.50 each.

There will also be loads of food outlets, cheapest burger & chips will set you back €10 or €12. There will other outlets selling mix of everything from Chinese, pizza, subway, tacos etc etc!!

Bowlardo wrote: »
    What's your point?

Eminem Setlist at Jamsil Sports Complex, Seoul, South Korea from the 19th of August

You said the 19th of August. It is only the 15th so I was asking if you could see the future. A joke. Obviously a mistake in your post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Torrential rain in Navan today. Going to be a muckbath in Slane on Saturday. Delighted for all the scumbag fans of Eminem. Knowwhatamsayin'?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Torrential rain in Navan today. Going to be a muckbath in Slane on Saturday. Delighted for all the scumbag fans of Eminem. Knowwhatamsayin'?

tumblr_mc3fyxEkVP1risaapo1_500.gif

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Torrential rain in Navan today. Going to be a muckbath in Slane on Saturday. Delighted for all the fans of Eminem getting a proper outdoor concert experience. Knowwhatamsayin'?

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dint rain at oxegen, twas bound to happen :P

Advertisement