Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

cannot believe it's only a couple of days away.. only checking out the bus now and no tickets available on line for ticketmaster - can I just pay dublin bus on the day or get them in a branch of ticketmaster? Kept meaning to sort this but just didn't .. don't want any last minute hiccups.. I can only guess it will be mental even getting the bus if the stones is anything to go by.

And.. what the hell is the weather supposed to be like?? would wellies be recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Haha :p feels weird being on the other side :p

I ask just because i thought 8 seemed a bit early, but bon jovi was on at half 7.. 10 is a very early time to be heading home :p

2 days :D

Bon Jovi curfew was 11pm. Remember he played for almost 3 hours and finished approx 10.45pm which was then followed by 10 minute firework display and safety announcements!!

I honestly can't see Eminem appearing before 8.30pm and would expect a 2 hour set from him (including encores etc). Firework display finishing approx 10.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Not sure why no-one has posted this here yet smile.png
    Site map showing entrances car parks and bars.. For those staying in Slane farm & Hostel, ti is located at car park 3

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/523896_506877086066254_595621924_n.jpg

I presume the pit passes will be handed out at all entrances..

I plan on getting there ridiculously early just so I can sus out the town a little If that's even possible (since I've never been) hopefully grab a bite to eat too and if not we can always get something when the gates open at 1. I'm getting mad excited! I feel like it's my 1st rodeo all over again.. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

I'd also like to know what the score with getting a bus from Dublin to Slane is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Longest Friday in work ever! Roll on 1pm tomorrow!

Also looking forward to seeing Plan B. A day for the white rappers :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

MCD just posted this notice for coach & bus operators http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/coachoperators_slane.pdf
    on it it says venue gates open at 2pm.
    So the original tickets say 3pm, that says 2pm and ticketmaster say 1pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ray Darcey just played lose yourself nearly brought a tear too my eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

DsJewel wrote: »
    MCD just posted this notice for coach & bus operators http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/coachoperators_slane.pdf
    on it it says venue gates open at 2pm.
    So the original tickets say 3pm, that says 2pm and ticketmaster say 1pm.

a senior member of the Gardai (in charge of the policing for the event) was on Radio 1 this morning, he said gates are actually opening at 12 noon.

Between this evening and Sunday he said there will be a total of 700 gardai working on the event...obviously not all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ray Darcey just played lose yourself nearly brought a tear too my eye!

probably the only track he knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 megan313

Was at Tennent's Vital last night and they kept playing Eminem on the screens to advertise for slane. I can't take this excitement anymoreeeeeeeee. Gates open in 25 and a half hours :D

• Advertisement

a senior member of the Gardai (in charge of the policing for the event) was on Radio 1 this morning, he said gates are actually opening at 12 noon.

Between this evening and Sunday he said there will be a total of 700 gardai working on the event...obviously not all at the same time.

Noon? Damn I'm hoping to get a pit wristband but won't be leaving Dublin til 12 earliest,and that's if I get on the earliest bus.

These gate times just keep getting earlier and earlier, soon they'll be open today ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone know what the conditions r like up there? Tryin to decide between wellies or old runners with extra socks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the conditions r like up there? Tryin to decide between wellies or old runners with extra socks

I'll be in the area later this afternoon and will post conditions here when I am if that's not too late for ya.

I'm going with wellies, always the safe option and means you don't spend time avoiding puddles/mud etc, can just flake through it all!!

They're currently in Dublin. Eminem is in the country. It's happening people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

megan313 wrote: »
    They're currently in Dublin. Eminem is in the country. It's happening people.

How do you know ? :)

Prodigious wrote: »
    How do you know ? :)

well slaughterhouse etc are there so i assume he's either there or on his way :D sucks for all the people who sold their tickets thinking he'd cancel

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you want to get a feel for some of the support acts, one of the members (EARL) from EarlWolf is about to release a new album called Dorris.
    You can stream it here:
    http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/post/58350419679/tumblr-presents-earl-sweatshirt-doris-album

There are a few tracks on there with Tyler, the other half of EarlWolf. The track call Sasquatch is particularly awesome.

His setlist from last night, criminal was said twice so i'm hoping one was supposed to say "till i collapse"...

Survival
    Won't Back Down
    3 a.m.
    White America
    Mosh
    Kill You
    Just Don't Give a ****
    Criminal
    My Name Is
    Cleanin' Out My Closet
    Like Toy Soldiers
    Square Dance
    Criminal
    Love the Way You Lie
    Fast Lane
    Lighters
    Stan
    Sing for the Moment
    Cinderella Man
    The Way I Am
    The Real Slim Shady
    Without Me
    Not Afraid
    Encore:
    Lose Yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Ok - so does anybody know the craic with getting back if you haven't booked return tickets? Thinking of trying to get a lift in so that I can get there early, but would have to bus it back.

EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭woppers

Once you weren't obviously drunk, slurring your words or walking up to the steward/guards with a bottle/can(which is illegal in itself) you were fine..

We/They dont really mind what you do before hand, once you're not completely gone. Like I'm having a can or two before heading down to the castle..

Once your inside like there will be bars don't forget this.. Just have ID on you.

Hi benny, you seem to know what the story with security is. I was thinking of putting some alcohol in a hydration pack. I was allowed to do it at oxegen a year or two ago. What are the odds of this being allowed in at slane?

• Advertisement

Where was he last night? Surprised (Happily) That he's playing white america and mosh here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

megan313 wrote: »
    His setlist from last night, criminal was said twice so i'm hoping one was supposed to say "till i collapse"...

Survival
    Won't Back Down
    3 a.m.
    White America
    Mosh
    Kill You
    Just Don't Give a ****
    Criminal
    My Name Is
    Cleanin' Out My Closet
    Like Toy Soldiers
    Square Dance
    Criminal
    Love the Way You Lie
    Fast Lane
    Lighters
    Stan
    Sing for the Moment
    Cinderella Man
    The Way I Am
    The Real Slim Shady
    Without Me
    Not Afraid
    Encore:
    Lose Yourself

No Space Bound. :(

Serious list though :D Plenty of old stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 41 strange john

Ok - so does anybody know the craic with getting back if you haven't booked return tickets? Thinking of trying to get a lift in so that I can get there early, but would have to bus it back.

EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

At bon Jovi Bus Eireann were selling return tickets from outside the concert site.

Who's his hype man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

What do I need to wear to slane.

I was thinking shorts, tshirt and old runners so the rain doesn't stick to me..

But with the muck would I need wellies and jeans - I don't own a rain coat or wellies so I would have to go buy them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm just going to wear jeans and a pair of old Converse, ****ing hate wellies

I think with any outdoor concert in Ireland don't wear anything too expensive or anything you're too attached to cos there's always the chance it could get wrecked.

I'm going tracksuit bottoms, wellies, and my Eminem t-shirt from Tennant's Vital :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I'll be in the area later this afternoon and will post conditions here when I am if that's not too late for ya.

I'm going with wellies, always the safe option and means you don't spend time avoiding puddles/mud etc, can just flake through it all!!

thanks that would be great, just hate bringing wellies if i dont have2

Advertisement