Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭woppers

DsJewel wrote: »
    I think with any outdoor concert in Ireland don't wear anything too expensive or anything you're too attached to cos there's always the chance it could get wrecked.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

does anyone have any idea of what songs he be doin?

im gonna be wearin me penneys best :D me eminem t shirt, jeans and old runners. b***din hate wellies!! i'm so excited now cant believe its finally tomorrow. i'm cleanin the house and listenin to eminem in every room ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

DylanII wrote: »
    What do I need to wear to slane.

I was thinking shorts, tshirt and old runners so the rain doesn't stick to me..

But with the muck would I need wellies and jeans - I don't own a rain coat or wellies so I would have to go buy them ...

Might go with shorts too, any opinions?

tbh, loose trackies be your best option imp....

i was gonna bring one of me 'leather' jackets from penneys...good idea or no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ironicly, probably the best supporting act is first. Chance The Rapper is on at 1:30 supposedly. I'd implore you all to see him if you can. His mixtape 'Acid Rap' is one of the drops of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

I'd also like to know what the score with getting a bus from Dublin to Slane is?

Go onto ticketmaster and u can get a ticket for dublin bus from parnell square there 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

so so so so excited! i reckon if u come lateish around 3 it will be packed already?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

I wonder can anybody rest my conscience here

the story is i put my eminem tickets on a USB stick and DL'd them in an Internet cafe,,, problem is i forgot to log out,
    so to be safe i phoned ticket master and she canceled my tickets and said just bring the serial number and visa card with me,,,,

i find that method very worrying whats the procedure did anyone else here do this for a Slaine concert?, thanks advance

Hatfry wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just booked tickets for myself and the missus there on ticketmaster and we clicked the "collect tickets from boxoffice" option, can anyone tell me where we go on the day to get our tickets and will it be hard to get a hold of them? Cheers

This.

????

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its perfectly safe, your tickets are being held at the box office at Slane, your original tickets are useless. Just stroll up with your confirmation email and card used on booking and some ID and you'll be fine!

Not exactly sure where the box office at Slane is, its usually just beside wherever they check tickets

Thank You !!!!

Haha im a worrying mo fo lol, cheers man, so i just bring the card and number, and ID and im good to go?

sorted :D

im assuming there be a few people doing this right, like it wont be easy to miss the Box office at Slaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Ugh can't figure out what to wear :L don't actually have a pair of wellies so that options out. Might just wear old things but don't want to look like a scruff! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

whats the weather forecast?

Ugh can't figure out what to wear :L don't actually have a pair of wellies so that options out. Might just wear old things but don't want to look like a scruff! :L

Buy a pair of wellies its gonna b mucky

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

F#ck wellies .. old pair of trainers . pair of shirts , a tee and light zip up hoody and you're laughing . can't wait for it . going to be epic .

carly_86 wrote: »
    Buy a pair of wellies its gonna b mucky

I hate them. Last time I wore them the feet were cut off me :L might wear work boots. Don't care if they get destroyed really :L

I hate them. Last time I wore them the feet were cut off me :L might wear work boots. Don't care if they get destroyed really :L

I cut the back of the wellies and rolled them down there far more comfortable now

I cut the back of the wellies and rolled them down there far more comfortable now

Hmm, might do that!

Is any1 planning on sneaking in drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Is any1 planning on sneaking in drink

I'll give it a go .. No big deal if they take it off me though

• Advertisement

TheNap wrote: »
    I'll give it a go .. No big deal if they take it off me though

Ya me planin on consealing it somewhere on my body. I wonder r the guards watching this thread

Ya me planin on consealing it somewhere on my body. I wonder r the guards watching this thread

They'll already know people are gonna try and sneak in drink.

I wouldn't risk it tbh. Tickets could be taken off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

if they are they're looking for ****s and giggles not looking for criminal masterminds with naggins shoved up their hole .

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

celica00 wrote: »
    so so so so excited! i reckon if u come lateish around 3 it will be packed already?

No real way to know til tomorrow I suppose. Who knows how many people want to go early and how many are happy strolling in later on.

They'll already know people are gonna try and sneak in drink.

I wouldn't risk it tbh. Tickets could be taken off you.

I hardly think they would take the tickets off ya unless ur really drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

There was loads of talk before the Justin Timberlake gig at Phoenix park about guards being extra strict. Going in through security the girl in front of me had her every inch of her bag searched, mine was barely glanced at. It all seemed a bit all over the shop

I hardly think they would take the tickets off ya unless ur really drunk

Yeah I suppose so. I suppose some people will be judged on the way they look tomorrow. I still wouldn't risk it :L

DsJewel wrote: »
    There was loads of talk before the Justin Timberlake gig at Phoenix park about guards being extra strict. Going in through security the girl in front of me had her every inch of her bag searched, mine was barely glanced at. It all seemed a bit all over the shop

Its was the same when i went to see florence there and i mangaed to sneak in 6 cans and a shoulder of vodka

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭woppers

DylanII wrote: »
    What do I need to wear to slane.

I was thinking shorts, tshirt and old runners so the rain doesn't stick to me..

But with the muck would I need wellies and jeans - I don't own a rain coat or wellies so I would have to go buy them ...
    Prodigious wrote: »
    Might go with shorts too, any opinions?

Shorts, wellies, rain coat = sorted!

My cousin and I reluctantly wore wellies to Oxegen 4 years ago and they were the best decision ever. I've worn them to every gig I've been to since.

At the Swedish House Mafia last year there were areas where the mucky sloppy water was about 12 inches deep. Trust me, when you wear them once you wont look back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

So what are the majority doing wellies or old runners?

Advertisement