Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

im gonna chance old runners i think. ground should still be fairly hard after the dry summer even if it does rain saturday

any1 up near the area tonight that can tell us what the conditions are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    im gonna chance old runners i think. ground should still be fairly hard after the dry summer even if it does rain saturday

any1 up near the area tonight that can tell us what the conditions are like?

It has been fairly sunny all day and the ground is just a little wet. Provided no rain comes you should be alright with no runners but I'm sticking with the wellies anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

Any suggestions on the best way to get from Clonee out to Slane? Due to work we're stuck at leaving Clonee at 4:30pm and want to get there ASAP.

Would it be best to drive somewhere nearby and get bus eireann from there? I'm thinking a bus to town and then onwards to Slane will take far too long :(

Any help greatly appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Would hiking boots be good for Slane? I have them from a few years ago but still in good condition I have new wellies but they're not worn in.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 strange john

Egyptian wrote: »
    Any suggestions on the best way to get from Clonee out to Slane? Due to work we're stuck at leaving Clonee at 4:30pm and want to get there ASAP.

Would it be best to drive somewhere nearby and get bus eireann from there? I'm thinking a bus to town and then onwards to Slane will take far too long :(

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Drive up m3 to navan and get a shuttle from market square (big statue of a bull). Bus drops you beside the gates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Might be a stupid question, but in Dublin,,, where at the bus's ya book from Ticket master picking us up from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Might be a stupid question, but in Dublin,,, where at the bus's ya book from Ticket master picking us up from?

Parnell square west

Where the main entrance to the Rotunda hospital is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

A friend of mine hasnt got a dublin bus ticket yet but she can get it in the head office on o connell st right? She wasnt able to get it on ticketmaster today

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

carly_86 wrote: »
    A friend of mine hasnt got a dublin bus ticket yet but she can get it in the head office on o connell st right? She wasnt able to get it on ticketmaster today

Tickets can be bought tomorrow but there will be a price increase to €25.

Syndic wrote: »
    Tickets can be bought tomorrow but there will be a price increase to €25.

Ah ya thats ok. Will they be sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

carly_86 wrote: »
    Ah ya thats ok. Will they be sold out?

Dublin Bus have stressed that tickets on the day are limited but I doubt they'll sell out. I reckon as long as you're not planning on getting a late bus your friend will get a ticket no problem.

Syndic wrote: »
    Dublin Bus have stressed that tickets on the day are limited but I doubt they'll sell out. I reckon as long as you're not planning on getting a late bus your friend will get a ticket no problem.

Thanks just double checking i rang dublin bus 2 they said they wouldnt be sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

Hope everyone's not aiming for the 12 bus or there'll end up being quite the queue

DsJewel wrote: »
    Hope everyone's not aiming for the 12 bus or there'll end up being quite the queue

I wouldn't take the plans that the people on boards have as an indicator of the plans that everyone else will have. I'd say the majority of people will get the bus at around 2. I'd say there'll be quite a queue all day though :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NizzleNar

Haven't been to Slane before, does anyone know if steel-cap boots are permitted? I was thinking work boots would be perfect for muddy conditions but I don't wanna get there only to be turned away for "dangerous" attire?

I wouldn't take the plans that the people on boards have as an indicator of the plans that everyone else will have. I'd say the majority of people will get the bus at around 2. I'd say there'll be quite a queue all day though :L

Queues to get in, queues for the bar, queues for food,queues for the bathrooms :-)

Queues to get in, queues for the bar, queues for food,queues for the bathrooms :-)

2 and a half hour queues for the bar when I was at kings of Leon IIRC :L

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Well i wanna see Slaughterhouse so i be there early,,,,, why do i have the feeling the bar at this place is gonna be more packed than the concert itself haha

Edit: Judging from the comments above me i spoke too soon, is it true the only sell Carlsberg, cause im not buying it,,,, no pun intended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Heya all. Just wondering if anybody knows how long the walk is from where Dublin bus sets down to the gates of the concert. I remember being there for the Stones years ago and walking for aaaaaaages but I can't remember if that was after tickets or what. Really want to get those pit tickets but not so confident if we're relying on Dublin bus!!

Heya all. Just wondering if anybody knows how long the walk is from where Dublin bus sets down to the gates of the concert. I remember being there for the Stones years ago and walking for aaaaaaages but I can't remember if that was after tickets or what. Really want to get those pit tickets but not so confident if we're relying on Dublin bus!!
    I'm the same as you

• Advertisement

Well i wanna see Slaughterhouse so i be there early,,,,, why do i have the feeling the bar at this place is gonna be more packed than the concert itself haha

Edit: Judging from the comments above me i spoke too soon, is it true the only sell Carlsberg, cause im not buying it,,,, no pun intended
    Carlsberg? Yeuch. I thought it was Heineken that was being sold.

I'm the same as you

Yeah - I'd actually rather not get there that early otherwise - would be happy rocking in for 4pm or 5pm, but those darned pit passes are luring me in! Have mates who are staying in Slane tonight so they're guaranteed. Been trying to beg, borrow or steal a lift (well - maybe not steal :P) but nobody's driving in early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

How easy would it to be to meet people there? I have to meet people there as there weren't tickets available for the bus that they have but gonna get one for around that time. Do all the coaches be around the same area? would it be a good meeting place?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

First time going to a concert in Slane.

does anybody know if I'd have any problems bringing this camera tomorrow? I know some places won't allow a camera that has more than a 6 inch lens, this is less than 6 inches. don't want to bring it if it's going to cause me any hassle.

11ay0bk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

It might. Looks pretty professional so you may have to prove yourself.

MartinTWD_ wrote: »
    First time going to a concert in Slane.

does anybody know if I'd have any problems bringing this camera tomorrow? I know some places won't allow a camera that has more than a 6 inch lens, this is less than 6 inches. don't want to bring it if it's going to cause me any hassle.

11ay0bk.jpg

"Point and shoot compact cameras and cameras with fixed (non-zoom) lenses under 6 inches ARE PERMITTED

Lenses over 6 inches and video recording cameras are NOT PERMITTED.

Please note: If you are a professional photographer and wish to take photos with a professional camera at this event you must apply in advance for permission by emailing contact@mcd.ie. If you have not being approved in advance you will not permitted access to this event with your professional camera.
    "*Source*

Dunno with yours now - I'm guessing those are zoom lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

I wouldn't call it a professional camera, sure it looks like it but it's small enough, just a bit bulky.

I would like to take it with me but if it's going to cause me hassle I'll not bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Your talking as someone who knows cameras but I'm sure all the security at the gates dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bigdaza2013

Anyone staying in castle slane park? Or stayed there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Anyone know where I can get wellies in the morning?? The only ones I could find we're I'm schuh and they were €110

Advertisement