Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Heatons?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

Your talking as someone who knows cameras but I'm sure all the security at the gates dont.

I'm not really an expert on cameras, but I know enough. if I still had my smaller camera I wouldn't be asking. I've had no problems bringing it with me to the 02 in the past. just worried if I do bring it, it could be confiscated? or I wouldn't be allowed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

DylanII wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get wellies in the morning?? The only ones I could find we're I'm schuh and they were €110

Shoe zone have them and I'd say dunnes do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robbert897

Should I wear wellies tomorrow yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bigdaza2013

Anyone know wat traffic is like from Belfast tomorrow morning driving to castle slane park?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Shoe zone have them and I'd say dunnes do too.

Seconded on Dunnes - only problem is the time of the year for buying them.
    robbert897 wrote: »
    Should I wear wellies tomorrow yes or no?

Well I'm going for cheapo trainers anyway. Fcuk it - if it rains let it rain, yeah the wetter the better. :D:D:D

MartinTWD_ wrote: »
    I'm not really an expert on cameras, but I know enough. if I still had my smaller camera I wouldn't be asking. I've had no problems bringing it with me to the 02 in the past. just worried if I do bring it, it could be confiscated? or I wouldn't be allowed in.

I'd say you'll be ok - the only worry would be the zoom lens. Personally, I'd leave it at home. You're there for the gig - why ruin the excitement worrying about your camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Got my wellies for 18 Dunnes today the Ilac Dunnes has a decent few,,, the big Dunnes

I know its not Sold out,,, but does anyone know the attendance number is?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

I'd say you'll be ok - the only worry would be the zoom lens. Personally, I'd leave it at home. You're there for the gig - why ruin the excitement worrying about your camera.

I would like to take some photos, but you're right I'll leave it at home. it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bigdaza2013

Anyone camping??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Laim

This question has probably already been asked but are you okay to bring food in? and when it comes to water do they just take the bottlecaps or do they give them back after the search? , thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Got my wellies for 18 Dunnes today the Ilac Dunnes has a decent few,,, the big Dunnes

I know its not Sold out,,, but does anyone know the attendance number is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

taken from twitter

"All set for tomorrow #emenim #slane"

jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

Just wondering about the pit tickets, I'm there pretty early and should have a good chance to get one. If I got one are you allowed to leave the pit? And if so, would it be difficult to work your way back there, given the crowd?

brianw1 wrote: »
    Just wondering about the pit tickets, I'm there pretty early and should have a good chance to get one. If I got one are you allowed to leave the pit? And if so, would it be difficult to work your way back there, given the crowd?

you can leave the pit, you'll have a wristband. it should be grand to move about, maybe when em is on it will be a bit crushy but other than that theres plenty of room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Laim wrote: »
    This question has probably already been asked but are you okay to bring food in? and when it comes to water do they just take the bottlecaps or do they give them back after the search? , thanks :)

You won't be able to bring in food and I couldn't imagine them not taking the bottle caps off water bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

taken from twitter

"All set for tomorrow #emenim #slane"

jesus wept

Where do you see anything about Eminem and slane on his twitter???

https://twitter.com/Eminem/with_replies

dobman88 wrote: »
    Where do you see anything about Eminem and slane on his twitter???

https://twitter.com/Eminem/with_replies

wha?!

someone else said it, i was pointing out that they cant even spell eminem!

So if Slaughterhouse start at 2,, and gates dont open until 3, how does that work

and is there a bar people can go to before the main gates open ?

Edit: nevermind

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Eminem-at-Slane-Stage-Times-and-Other-Information/206056.htm

So if Slaughterhouse start at 2,, and gates dont open until 3, how does that work

and is there a bar people can go to before the main gates open ?

Edit: nevermind

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Eminem-at-Slane-Stage-Times-and-Other-Information/206056.htm

gates are open at twelve or one. no bar outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

I'd say this was covered 100 times but can you bring in a bottle of liquid? Water?

Also the no rec equipment that doesn't include smart phones does it.

To save trouble does anybody who being to Slane know where the box office is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

To save trouble does anybody who being to Slane know where the box office is?

Right guys,

Just back from an epic night in the pubs in Slane. Here since 4pm today.

Information:

Gates at 1pm (confirmed with security outside the venue earlier today).

Walk from Dublin bus drop off to Castle-40 mins.

Walk from private buses drop off-50 mins.

Steal toe cap boots will be allowed (
    question previously asked). Weather was great here all evening. Ground described as soft to firm by security
    earlier, some showers expected tomorrow. Wellies are safe option. Ground should be fairly decent.

Pubs open in village for business tomorrow, €5-€6 a pint. Heavy security
    on all pubs with groups bring refused tonight.

Gardai have search tent zone set up outside barracks at end of village. Looks
    pretty well laid out and will form part of search facilities on way to village.Gardai sniffer dogs also in use from 9am
    tomorrow morning!!!! Also plenty paddy wagons parked at end of village.

Residents who attended town hall for passes on Tuesday/Wednesday night were told 83,250 tickets were sold with 84,000 expected Saturday.

Friends of mine staying in campsite up the road, craic is mighty and ground is decent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

right now I'm lying here in my tent in Slane Farm Hostel.

It's just showery weather at the moment but nothing too bad, I didn't bring wellies but judging by the sky I think you should

Cheers aka and Double - fair play!!

Just a quick question - is the 40 minute walk from bus to castle before or after getting ticketed. Could ya bring a beer for the walk?

Up now to get ready and head out early for the bus, but I'm starting to think I'm fighting a losing battle for the pit passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thom Merrilin

Letsdoit wrote: »
    I'd say this was covered 100 times but can you bring in a bottle of liquid? Water?

Also the no rec equipment that doesn't include smart phones does it.

I highly doubt you'll be allowed bring a bottle of anything in, but they might let you bring the water bottle in without the cap on (stops ppl being able to throw them as weapons)

And the recording equipment generally refers to professional AV equipment, confiscating 80,000 smartphones would be a logistical nightmare.

From todays indo:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/eminem-security-operation-to-be-tightest-ever-for-slane-gig-29505912.html
    Those with a ticket will be subjected to at least three searches at various points as they enter the venue. Navan garda station's Superintendent Michael Devine, who is directing the security operation, warned revellers who drink excessively would not be admitted to the event.
    "We would ask people not to bring a significant amount of alcohol with them or to arrive in an intoxicated state. In the past, we've had private buses arrive with slabs of various beverages," he told RTE radio yesterday.

"We will not be entertaining that," he said.

Bag checks will be conducted for alcohol and illegal substances. Supt Devine also advised against patrons bringing umbrellas as they "could be used for other purposes than which they are intended".

He said extensive detention facilities will be in operation to hold any offenders arrested over the course of the concert, while special sittings of local courts will be set up in nearby towns.

Wtf! Sounds like a nazi camp or something, why can't they just let the kids have fun for one day.

An umbrella! You'd swear it was a machine gun the way they're going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I've been to many Slane concerts over the years but I reckon this will be the messiest. Expect to see many a reveller chewing the lips off themselves.

lukesmom wrote: »
    I've been to many Slane concerts over the years but I reckon this will be the messiest. Expect to see many a reveller chewing the lips off themselves.

People on E don't tend to cause trouble and fights though! They usually just want a friendly hug :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

People on E don't tend to cause trouble and fights though! They usually just want a friendly hug :pac:

True enough

Advertisement