Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thom Merrilin

lukesmom wrote: »
    True enough

Judging by that indo article though, I can see the security checking how dilated peoples eyes are. "I'm sorry sir, your pupils exceed the recommended limit of 3mm in diameter. Admission Denied."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Not every1 at the gig will be on drugs ye clowns!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

dobman88 wrote: »
    Not every1 at the gig will be on drugs ye clowns!!!!

Who said 'everyone' would ye clown

Right, wellies it is folks? Don't want to be makin the bus smell like livestock dip if it's not goin to rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Here now , still a few wristbands left. Not a sign of sniffer dogs. Grand people, no trouble anyway.

• Advertisement

Prodigious wrote: »
    Here now , still a few wristbands left. Not a sign of sniffer dogs. Grand people, no trouble anyway.

Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Pit wristbands currently been given out at the gate!

Decent size queue already..however, you can just get a wristband and head away into the village if you wish which is what we've done!!

Pit wristbands currently been given out at the gate!

Decent size queue already..however, you can just get a wristband and head away into the village if you wish which is what we've done!!

Cheers for the update, keep us posted!

Cheers for the update, keep us posted!

Will do..Heavy security presence but everyone is friendly and in great form at the gate!

Security guys currently saying gates between 12.30 and 1.00 depending on when arena is given all clear to open by head of operations and Gardai!!

Village currently busy but not packed. Big Garda checkpoint being set up at end of village outside barracks!

Gates open.

Limited wristbands left. Given out before security.

Security is heavy.pockets emptied into plastic bag, very detailed pat down and then full metal detector scan. Impressive.

No messing with security, there not in the form for any nonsense here today.

Arena is crawling with Gardai and stewards.

Arena well laid out.

Bar open 1.00 until 9.15.

• Advertisement

very detailed pat down

How "detailed" we talkin here ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

You'll get pat down but you'll manage to sneak something small like joints in

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

They're being very strict with having drink on you and you won't be allowed drink off the buses. A lot of people could be subject to three Garda searches. And a huge shower has after come in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Slane Resident

It is torrential out there - feeling very sorry for anybody here at the moment.

Jesus it's lashing down buzz kill

I think the guys heading down late are probably the lucky ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I just had to bring the horses in, thats how bad the rain is now. Is it going ahead in this?

I just had to bring the horses in, thats how bad the rain is now. Is it going ahead in this?

Definitely. It's dying down now anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Girlfriend is after ringing me. Buses stopped going into slane with all drink removed. The bus driver wasn't allowed into Slane and they had to walk to the concert.

They've been stuck outside for ages due to the searches, they can't get enough people through as the crowd is massive.

It really sounds like they are going to cause a riot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Will people here be providing live updates on the concert?

• Advertisement

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Will people here be providing live updates on the concert?

Here's a live update for you, the buses are being stopped four miles from the concert and you have to walk the rest of the way. You go through three frisks to get in and if you even appear drunk, they won't let you in.

What the hell is going on? Why are the gaurds acting so retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

jamie72 wrote: »
    Here's a live update for you, the buses are being stopped four miles from the concert and you have to walk the rest of the way. You go through three frisks to get in and if you even appear drunk, they won't let you in.

Well ok thanks for that.

I don't understand, are people not allowed drink alcohol at concerts or something?

Lol @ frisks, if you want to smuggle anything in i don't think its going to stop anyone it never did in the past anyway.

It's beyond stupid, and given the weather Slane had earlier, it's beyond cruel.

Stopping the busses four miles from the concert and making everyone walk the rest is a joke as well. I'm not at the concert, but for various reasons, there is no way I could walk four miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

jamie72 wrote: »

Is that from the Dublin side? Is it really 4 miles or are these country miles? It's 3 miles from the entrance to the castle to the petrol station on the N2. Are they really making people walk from a mile before there. That can't be right.

Is that from the Dublin side? Is it really 4 miles or are these country miles? It's 3 miles from the entrance to the castle to the petrol station on the N2. Are they really making people walk from a mile before there. That can't be right.

No, from the north side. Apparently the busses aren't allowed into slane (the town/village) at all. They have to turn back and the people have to walk through the town to get there.

EDIT: looking at the map, I believe the four miles everyone is quoting is bull****. It's still a serious walk though.

It's not three miles from the petrol station to the Castle - it's a 15-20 minute walk on a normal day at average speed. It's a little over a mile.

(Edit - I'm presuming you're talking about the petrol station on the north side of Slane in the village itself, rather than the Brink?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's not three miles from the petrol station to the Castle - it's a 15-20 minute walk on a normal day at average speed. It's a little over a mile.

Sorry, blame mapmyrun and Google Maps. It measures 3 miles from the crossroads in Slane to the Brink. One mile from the crossroads doesn't even get up fully up the hill. But you're the local, I'll take your word for it.

Drove past the round o pub there. Very very young crowd a lot walking out. They have some walk ahead of them

lukesmom wrote: »
    Drove past the round o pub there. Very very young crowd a lot walking out. They have some walk ahead of them

I was told by my friend that was there, that there was a pub about halfway through the walk, and it was a godsend for a break.

Putting the tinfoil hat on, the pub obviously orchestrated this whole kerfuffle so they could make a fortune :p

• Advertisement

Sorry, blame mapmyrun and Google Maps. It measures 3 miles from the crossroads in Slane to the Brink. One mile from the crossroads doesn't even get up fully up the hill. But you're the local, I'll take your word for it.

That's why I put in the edit - I thought initially you were talking about Smyths on the Collon Road (N2) in the village, but then afterwards wondered if you meant the Brink on the Dublin side of the N2. Smyths is the only petrol station in the village. :)

Advertisement