Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Slane Resident

That must have been one of the shortest sets ever - about 70 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Well was eminem good????????

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

lukesmom wrote: »
    Well was eminem good????????

Never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

I taught he was brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

carly_86 wrote: »
    I taught he was brutal

Did he play much of his old stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

friend said he thought Eminems set was decent but very short

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

70 minute set? jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Surely he was more than that? If that's true then it's pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What were the support acts like?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

only saw eminem , very short set . id say it was about 80 mins . enjoyable enough . not that I was surprised but some amount of scunmers at it . would never go to slane again though for a concert .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I taught he was brutal
    were you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Back at B&B;

Key points;

Great day and saw no trouble of any sort. Great crowd, very friendly and big influx from the UK.

Security was on the ball, absoutely no messing. Searches all day and regular patrols in the pit.

Plan B was pissed off with lack of crowd interaction.

Huge build up to Eminem.

Absolute complete sell out. Place was
    packed but bar and toilets were very
    very well run all day.

Short enough set by Eminem (on at
    9.10, off at 10.20 and back on 10.25 to 10.35 (approx times), big fireworks display until 11pm....thought it was word for word
    from Oxegen for last 30 mins. No reference made to cancelled 2005 gig.

Thought he would have made some
    reference. Show was very well put
    together and lighting/visuals were top
    class. Thought his band and backing vocals were great!!!

Enjoyed support acts. Crowd seemed chilled. Was in pit for over 70% of the day though...

Sound was excellent...

Good day out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

set was very very short, he was great, got the crowd going but would have liked if he had have played the WHOLE of the old songs, they were just the first half of them and then on to the next. would be fair sickened if I had paid full price tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

set was very very short, he was great, got the crowd going but would have liked if he had have played the WHOLE of the old songs, they were just the first half of them and then on to the next. would be fair sickened if I had paid full price tbh

That has happened at a few rap concerts that I've gone to before. It's a pity. It also makes it virtually impossible to tell what song is being played until you recognise a word or phrase.

All rap concerts should try to reach the level of the Watch the Throne tour, as difficult and all as that may be. That showed how amazing a rap concert can be when everything comes together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Slane is a disaster and traffic is a disaster im still stuck in car park at 1am and yes full if scum

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

That has happened at a few rap concerts that I've gone to before. It's a pity. It also makes it virtually impossible to tell what song is being played until you recognise a word or phrase.

All rap concerts should try to reach the level of the Watch the Throne tour, as difficult and all as that may be. That showed how amazing a rap concert can be when everything comes together.

Ya Id have to agree there .. Jay Z and Kanye tore up the 02 ... best rap concert I was ever at . Some buzz at it . Punchestown gig Eminem did years ago was a decent gig too . I wonder what the support acts were like today .

Bowlardo wrote: »
    were you there?

Obviously i was if i said he was brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Slane is a disaster and traffic is a disaster im still stuck in car park at 1am and yes full if scum

I've said a million times. The only way to do Slane is book accommodation or camp. All other options are madness. I'm in a B&B and I'm in bed watching tv after a shower and food and only 10 mins from castle!!

I've said a million times. The only way to do Slane is book accommodation or camp. All other options are madness. I'm in a B&B and I'm in bed watching tv after a shower and food and only 10 mins from castle!!

I stayed in a hotel in the city got dublin bus. Back by 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

How were Earlwolf?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Was it worth the wait? Any fans happy with what was provided, show and concert wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I sold my ticket a couple of weeks ago. I've been jealous all day of my friends who got to go. After reading everything here, totally glad I sold the ticket on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Well that was short. Took an 1.35 min to get out of the car park which was 15 min longer then eminems set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

How were Earlwolf?

I thought they were awful tbh! They just talked more than anything else. Highlight for me all night was yelawolf! Especially when he played the intro to smells like teen spirit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Love the way the concert has been getting slagged all day by some people who weren't even at the gig.

We went through 4 security checkpoints, 1st in Dublin by Dublin bus and the gards, then 3 between getting off the bus and getting into the concert. Final security check was pretty cool with a full frisk and a metal scanner, really cracking down on weapons, great to see.

We got there just before slaughterhouse. Support were good but I don't see why Plan B was main support. Yelawolf ripped it up. I became a fan of his today.

Eminem was fairly short but something must have been held up somewhere in the day for him to be on so late. Still a great show though.

Only 1 bad shower all day, we were on the bus at the time and then a little shower halfway through, dry all day apart from that.

I only saw one fight and security dealt with it very very quickly.

All in all a fantastic day, got to see one of my musical idols and no matter who is on in Slane next year I will be back. What an amazing venue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Was it worth the wait? YES Any fans happy with what was provided YES, show and concert wise? YES and YES

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Serious let down. The walk to the Slane Castle was an absolute joke, not sure what distance it was but with the crowds of people going in it took us well over an hour and a half from the coach to the venue.

Didn't get to see Slaughterhouse or Yelawof which was disappointing. Plan B was ****. Kendrick Lamar is supporting Em for the rest of the dates, why anyone thought Plan B would be a decent supporting act is beyond me.

Could be wrong but looked/sounded like Em was miming most of his set. Set list wasn't great, very few songs from MMLP and maybe 1 or 2 from SSLP?

Would never go to Slane again and wouldn't be pushed about Eminem either tbh. Today's performance was pretty shocking tbh and I always find something to like about every concert I go to.

Very dissapointing. Jay-Z's upcoming concert in The O2 will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What was Chance The Rapper like?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I stayed in a hotel in the city got dublin bus. Back by 12

You must've been the bloke in the chopper then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Keno 92 wrote: »
    What was Chance The Rapper like?
    Really enjoyed him, buddy of mine has been a fan of his so we wanted to make sure we got to see him!

IMO Yelawolf was the best thing about today, big fan of his and today cemented that, bloody brilliant live.

Enjoyed Slaughterhouse a lot, Tyler and Earl were very good I thought, great chemistry on the stage and Tyler is crazy!

Plan B shouldn't have been there, worse decision than the blizzards at ACDC.

Kendrick would have tore it up!

Advertisement