Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Oh dear god, where to start?
    You/Any folks who go to a concert wear what they want as in normal life.
    In a gang?? WTF :D

Eh I said already that people wear these things (seen in my newsfeed) only because it's Eminem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Eh I said already that people wear these things (seen in my newsfeed) only because it's Eminem.

If you want to complain about your friends and their quest to fit in at a rap concert, I'd take it to Facebook, cause I don't think anyone here cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

STOP TALKING ABOUT HATS AND TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD THE GIG WAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Eminem doesn't wear snapbacks? He wears a hat, but it's not a snapback. What you're saying makes no sense.

Snapbacks are in fashion at the moment. Go to London, Ibiza, New York, etc...snapbacks are relatively popular outside of Eminem concerts :rolleyes:

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    STOP TALKING ABOUT HATS AND TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD THE GIG WAS.

Average gig.

• Advertisement

• How long did he perform for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,561 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Wasn't at the gig but a few observations.

Slane is never really a good spot to get to or from unless it's one of the years where you manage to take a bus and the buses in are relatively well organised.
    Or you stay nearby. Thats a given nearly at this point.
    70-80 minutes show?
    Thats just pish if you ask me, no matter what the set list was.

How long did he perform for?

About 75 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thom Merrilin

How many songs did he mime?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

How many songs did he mime?

5125401eafa96f24980000ad.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thom Merrilin

Definitely appeared to be miming some of the songs.. watch the videos posted earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

No, people wear caps all the time & ain't nothing to do with Eminem.
    (i won't be seen your newsfeed)
    And to say crazy things about been in a gang to wear caps makes it even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Definitely appeared to be miming some of the songs.. watch the videos posted earlier.

Were you there? Look at the "Till I collapse" video... Not a hope is that the recorded version. I was listening out for it at the concert and I definitely thought it wasn't mimed.

The ones that were filmed from 200 yards away?

Lol

The ones that were filmed from 200 yards away?

Lol

You could hear his voice alright when he wasn't singing but he was definitely singing as well.

To me it just looks like its in the background in case he misses a word or something as it would ruin the flow of the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

So from reading these boards, it is basically people who were there & people who weren't..

People who were there - "It was amazing"

People who weren't - "It was sh*te"

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Wasn't there but my friend told me Chance was booed? Wtf is up with some ignorant people

Doris300 wrote: »
    Wasn't there but my friend told me Chance was booed? Wtf is up with some ignorant people

I was in the pit and heard zero booing.

Was in the pit for that and while he wasn't getting massive love I didn't hear any boo'ing where I was.

People are idiots though, I thought he was fairly good myself!

You could hear his voice alright when he wasn't singing but he was definitely singing as well.

To me it just looks like its in the background in case he misses a word or something as it would ruin the flow of the song.

The people who complain about this must know nothing about rap or have ever listened to any of his songs.

It is practically impossible for someone to rap every word in a song and also move around the stage.

Every rapper ever has a 'hype man' who fills in when the main man runs out of breath. There is a brilliant video from a few years ago where Em and Proof are on stage and Proof fills in perfectly. It adds to the performance. They were the best pairing.

It's not possible to give a good performance without having a backing track or a hype man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Alanhooly wrote: »
    So from reading these boards, it is basically people who were there & people who weren't..

It was amazing sh*ite?

• How was Yelawolf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

How was Yelawolf?

He was the highlight of all the support acts :D

How was Yelawolf?

Amazing I thought.

For me, probably the best performer of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yelawolf ripped it up, I had never heard any of his songs before yesterday and I downloaded two albums today, unreal performer, should have been main support, had the crowd rocking

• Registered Users Posts: 19,650 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The bus we were getting arrived extremely late and then we had to change buses halfway through, meaning we were miles away when we parked and had a huge walk up. Basically didn't get to the stage until around 6 so I missed all of Slaughterhouse who were one of the main reasons I was going and all of Yelawolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Who was that singing with him when he done Stan?

Alanhooly wrote: »

I was there and it wasn't amazing, it wasn't sh*te - it was average. If I was a 15 year old kid from Longford and it was my first concert I'd probably say it was amazing but I've been to quite a few rap gigs over the years and Eminem yesterday was nothing special. He paled in comparison to Jay-Z and Kanye West in The O2 last year and even lesser known rappers in smaller venues like Kendrick Lamar in Vicar Street. I believe that if Kendrick was a supporting act yesterday he would have given a better performance than Eminem.

Eminem barely spoke, there was minimal crowd interaction and he seemed to be putting very little effort into the songs he performed, doing only 1 verse for most of them. The band, visual effects and hype man were all good - Eminem was just a bit underwhelming, very mechanical performance, like he saw the set list and just tried to go through it as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

If he was booed it must have been from way back, I was in the pit and I didn't hear it, granted people didn't really know his material he did the best job of trying to get the crowd involved which is a lot more than I can say for Plan B who seemed to be more interested in placing the microphone over his crotch while making masturbation gestures, what was that all about?

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I was there and it wasn't amazing, it wasn't sh*te - it was average. If I was a 15 year old kid from Longford and it was my first concert I'd probably say it was amazing but I've been to quite a few rap gigs over the years and Eminem yesterday was nothing special. He paled in comparison to Jay-Z and Kanye West in The O2 last year and even lesser known rappers in smaller venues like Kendrick Lamar in Vicar Street. I believe that if Kendrick was a supporting act yesterday he would have given a better performance than Eminem.

Jay Z and Kanye had ZERO crowd interaction except for giving out to the cnut who threw a coin at them. Good gig but not half as good as Em IMO. Jay Z couldn't last the set, must have taken three breaks at least. Not to mention they were more than an hour late coming on.

Advertisement