Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

He wasnt miming. i'm so jealsous of the people in Leeds wish i was there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

he called us an 'Irish pack of c**ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    he called us an 'Irish pack of c**ts

They didn't drop them AFAIK they were only scheduled for the Slane gig.

Calling us poor ***** and stuff is all part of his act I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Eminem... the best rapper in history

No.
    Eminem droped him for the rest of his tour. Nice 1 Marshall!

I'm pretty sure he wasn't supposed to be playing anyway at those concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

He called us poor ***** before dropping Ill Manors, part of the act. If we are going to be petty about the support saying stuff, what about Earlwolf calling us ******s? Or pussy ass bitches? All the support were at it and got cheered every time.

How anyone thinks Eminem was miming is beyond me, plain to hear he wasn't and the screens were about 1 or 2 seconds behind the performance, standard at gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Mr.S wrote: »
    I wasn't at the gig but some of the recordings on YT make it look like hes miming to a lot of the songs, the audio is too perfect/clear for a live performance

A lot of posts seem to be starting with the bit I put in bold. How can people compare a video to actually being there? The audio was perfect and clear for every act, Yelawolf was rapping at a ferocious speed and could still hear him perfectly. So unless every performance was being mimed I don't see why Eminem is getting such a bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WeUp

He rapped with a backing track to his older stuff. (I'm assuming because his voice has matured greatly since then)... for the rest he didnt mime, I was at the top of the pit and it was a great gig and his performance was immense!

I'll be honest, even from just listening to the videos on Youtube ,I thought he wasn't miming. He's usually one of the better live acts. Himself and Dr Dre are among the best live.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

He definitely mimed a few of the tracks . I still enjoyed the gig though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I was there and he 100% mimed through most of his songs. Saying that, the atmosphere was great, the drink was flowing and people were having an all round good time. Wasn't the best concert I've been to by any means but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

did anyone at the gig find the audio quality on stan particularly bad or was it just me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'll be honest, even from just listening to the videos on Youtube ,I thought he wasn't miming. He's usually one of the better live acts. Himself and Dr Dre are among the best live.

:rolleyes:

Supraman wrote: »
    did anyone at the gig find the audio quality on stan particularly bad or was it just me ?

Seemed ok to me and I was right at the back. There was a few muffles there n then but overall it wasn't too bad!

WeUp wrote: »
    He rapped with a backing track to his older stuff. (I'm assuming because his voice has matured greatly since then)... for the rest he didnt mime, I was at the top of the pit and it was a great gig and his performance was immense!

Wasn't there(:pac:) but going by a concert I saw him play a few years ago on DVD, the CD plays as normal and he raps as well.
    Audio is prob split 50/50 between live/CD but it's defo not mimed alright.

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Seemed ok to me and I was right at the back.
    I was there and he 100% mimed through most of his songs.

How could you possibly tell if he was miming when you were at the back?

That's a long way back.

slane.jpg

I'm gonna call bull**** on this particular claim.

How could you possibly tell if he was miming when you were at the back?

That's a long way back.

slane.jpg

I'm gonna call bull**** on this particular claim.

Very easy...

Theres a BIIIG huge screen in which you can see him that was on my left hand side. Was very easy for all to see. Then there was the actual sound quality. Nothing really too puzzling in how I knew he was miming. Hope you can get your head around it in the end.

Very easy...

Theres a BIIIG huge screen in which you can see him that was on my left hand side. Was very easy for all to see. Then there was the actual sound quality. Nothing really too puzzling in how I knew he was miming. Hope you can get your head around it in the end.

I see.

Well I'm going to counter that with a little bit of Junior Cert. Science. The speed of sound is about 340 metres per second.

The speed of light is about 300 million metres per second.

As you can see, light travels a little bit faster than sound.

Therefore, I don't think it's ridiculous to assume that the movement of an artist's mouth on a BIIIG huge screen would be out of sync with the sound that is being pumped out from speakers that are positioned a while away.

I also think that to truly know whether or not he was miming you'd have to practically be right beside him on the stage. You can't tell anything from a screen positioned a couple of hundreds away from the stage or from a video on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

To be honest the miming thing is a touchy subject, All the performers voices sounded 100% quality on the night, I've read about big names like this singing over a vocal track, but the same vocal track has whats called sidechain compression running on it so the volume of that acapella channel drops based on the input from the microphone. This provides the best of both worlds as their performance sounds amazing, but if the miss a word the vocal track kicks back in straight away. It's essentially best of both.

The above post is also possible, syncing audio and video across a distance like that can be a pain.

Regardless of if he mimed the entire thing or not, it was still an amazing show and I'd be happy to pay again to see it.

Well I'm going to counter that with a little bit of Junior Cert. Science. The speed of sound is about 340 metres per second.

The speed of light is about 300 million metres per second.

As you can see, light travels a little bit faster than sound.

I'm fully aware of that, but I guess it was nice of you to point that particular fact out for me.Thanks.

Well if you were actually there for the little guitar solo you would have seen otherwise, it was very much in sync with what was going on. I'm presuming you weren't there? The screen itself wasn't the furthest back, it was later on that I moved to the very back.The screen itself seemed quite in sync.Of course its slower, it's always gonna be slower than the speed of sound like you so pleasantly pointed out to me, but when Em is supposed to be rapping and the camera is zoomed in on him and all you can see is the mic away from his mouth then what else are you supposed to think?

The mic was away from is mouth for short periods yet it was enough to see that the majority of his performance was being mimed.

And as for the sound, it's always going to be different when coming from an actual backing track than when coming from his mouth to the mic. The difference is obvious.

Such a strong argument from a person that wasn't actually there...

Thanks again for the Science lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm fully aware of that, but I guess it was nice of you to point that particular fact out for me.Thanks.

Well if you were actually there for the little guitar solo you would have seen otherwise, it was very much in sync with what was going on. I'm presuming you weren't there? The screen itself wasn't the furthest back, it was later on that I moved to the very back.The screen itself seemed quite in sync.Of course its slower, it's always gonna be slower than the speed of sound like you so pleasantly pointed out to me, but when Em is supposed to be rapping and the camera is zoomed in on him and all you can see is the mic away from his mouth then what else are you supposed to think?

The mic was away from is mouth for short periods yet it was enough to see that the majority of his performance was being mimed.

And as for the sound, it's always going to be different when coming from an actual backing track than when coming from his mouth to the mic. The difference is obvious.

Such a strong argument from a person that wasn't actually there...

Thanks again for the Science lesson

I was right up the front, and any time eminems mic wasn't up by his mouth but there was still rapping it was his hypeman rapping along with the track like they usuallly do. Of course there was a backing track playing, but I'm sorry he simply didn't mime that whole thing.

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I was right up the front, and any time eminems mic wasn't up by his mouth but there was still rapping it was his hypeman rapping along with the track like they usuallly do. Of course there was a backing track playing, but I'm sorry he simply didn't mime that whole thing.

Not saying he mimed the whole thing by any means but there were certain songs in which he did do it for.

Real Slim Shady was the best by a mile, one that wasn't mimed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

It was kon artis that was eminems hype man wasnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

The screen was a few seconds behind. Its like sky tv. He sounded way to perfect to b live he was miming. I saw him a few years ago and he was brill then. He was brutal on saturday

when Em is supposed to be rapping and the camera is zoomed in on him and all you can see is the mic away from his mouth then what else are you supposed to think?

Not saying he mimed the whole thing by any means but there were certain songs in which he did do it for.

Real Slim Shady was the best by a mile, one that wasn't mimed

Have you ever tried to rap a song? Get up a karaoke version of Lose Yourself on Youtube and video yourself trying to keep up with it. It's damn near impossible unless you know the words inside out.

Transfer that over to a situation whereby you have an arena filled with 80,000 screaming fans expecting you to do handstands and rap at the same time.

Even Slim Shady had a backing track and had to take breaks. I reckon he probably had to take more breaks because he was exerting far more energy with his performance.

Thankfully for him he had Proof beside him. As I've said previously on this site, Proofs performance in the video below is unbelievable. It's almost like him and Em are the same person.

The only slip up they make is at around 4:48. Em takes a break, Proof forgets to fill in and you can hear the backing track playing "each hand up".

It was kon artis that was eminems hype man wasnt it?

He goes by Mr Porter now.

Have you ever tried to rap a song? Get up a karaoke version of Lose Yourself on Youtube and video yourself trying to keep up with it. It's damn near impossible unless you know the words inside out.

Transfer that over to a situation whereby you have an arena filled with 80,000 screaming fans expecting you to do handstands and rap at the same time.

Even Slim Shady had a backing track and had to take breaks. I reckon he probably had to take more breaks because he was exerting far more energy with his performance.

Thankfully for him he had Proof beside him. As I've said previously on this site, Proofs performance in the video below is unbelievable. It's almost like him and Em are the same person.

The only slip up they make is at around 4:48. Em takes a break, Proof forgets to fill in and you can hear the backing track playing "each hand up".

Just to clarify, it was only in certain songs that he was 100% miming, which tbh is just fine, doesn't make any difference to me. I'm part of the group that absolutely had a ball at the gig. I don't want to take anything away from him as I thought it was a pretty damn good show, all I stated was that he was miming in certain songs...just wanted to reiterate that.

Proof was the best on stage with him, think it was Kon Artis this time...could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So.. anyone who still maintains Eminem is one of the best live acts int he world, can someone please explain this to me?..

Support acts were amazing(barring Chance.. he was ****).. Yelawolf is amazing, Earlwolf(which was more OFWGKTA than normal) for me at least stole the show along with Slaughterhouse..

Plan B put on a really good show, like one of the top I've seen, but the crowd were so focused on Eminem that it didn't matter what he did.. He had a right to be pissed off, the crowd acted like he wasn't there!)

Then.. then comes mr.Shady, an hour and a half headline set at Slane? When in God's name has this ever been appropriate? To make it even worse he only did half songs, and what he did play Mr.Porter rapped more than he did!!

If he goes to Reading next week and does the same set he'll be bottled and rightly so!

One thing I cant fault though is MCD and the security/Organisation, absolutely top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Just to clarify, it was only in certain songs that he was 100% miming, which tbh is just fine, doesn't make any difference to me. I'm part of the group that absolutely had a ball at the gig. I don't want to take anything away from him as I thought it was a pretty damn good show, all I stated was that he was miming in certain songs...just wanted to reiterate that.

Proof was the best on stage with him, think it was Kon Artis this time...could be wrong though

what songs did he 100% mime on so?

i have a feeling some people think miming and singing/rapping over a backing vocal track are the same thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

More then one slip up in the vid if you wanna be very picky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

how do you get thru 24 songs in 80 minutes wow

Advertisement