Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Support acts were amazing(barring Chance.. he was ****).

Just have to disagree with you on this one - Chance wasn't **** at all. He made a point of trying to engage with the crowd (and, remember, this was around 2pm with the headline act set for 8pm+ - and everyone who was there had probably been lashed rain on a short while before). His tunes were good / he was entertaining / he seemed like he wanted to be there. Why did you think he was ****?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Supraman wrote: »
    did anyone at the gig find the audio quality on stan particularly bad or was it just me ?

It was very bad, was looking forward to it the most as it is my favourite song. I noticed it around 5 seconds into the first verse.

Still an outstanding performance by Eminem.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 southcentral lk

Didnt get to see chance (his acid music mixtape is ok he is only 20)

Slaughter house were on wen we got there bit early i think their set was good but the crowd wasnt feelin it!! If they were on after EarlWolf wuda been better!!

EarlWolf funny they just dont give a F.U.C.K (how many nigg@$ in the crowd "hilarious") Base was like Woah!! They were ok!

Yelawolf for me was the best, not the biggest fan but really stole the show BAMA crowd interaction was great!

Plan B was well on it by the time he hit the stage he was ok, crowd interaction was trash Cocky Cockney! iLL Manors was serious def his best work soundtrack and movie!!

Em I do not remember maybe 2 or 3 tracks I was drinkin vodka since 9am and he was on at 9pm so no wonder I dont remember lol. But from what i do remember CLASS!!

Lesson learned no drink b4 the gig!! Dont like slane 2big much prefer the smaller venues saw Jay in cork and Game in olympia cant compare to slane!! But Em wud never preform in such a small place guess he's "too big" for that!!

Action Bronson I wanna see next!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So, you went to an Eminem concert.......and missed the show......great stuff

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    So, you went to an Eminem concert.......and missed the show......great stuff

**** eminem he so 2001 Marshall matters lp, eminem show and maybe encore! As he quoted do u mind if I bring ye back to my drug days!!

I loved that wen I was on drugs! But now I'm older n wiser n drug free!! Long day was hardly gonna b sober by time he showed up!

Yelawolf haller! Slaughter house and earlwolf the future!!

Dude 40 and had to go back to "my name is" to get a crowd rockin says A lot!!

Sleep chap!!

Hippop lighters PLEASE!!

Survival sounds like a bad remix of "till I collapse"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

**** eminem he so 2001 Marshall matters lp, eminem show and maybe encore! As he quoted do u mind if I bring ye back to my drug days!!

I loved that wen I was on drugs! But now I'm older n wiser n drug free!! Long day was hardly gonna b sober by time he showed up!

Yelawolf haller! Slaughter house and earlwolf the future!!

Dude 40 and had to go back to "my name is" to get a crowd rockin says A lot!!

Sleep chap!!

Hippop lighters PLEASE!!

Survival sounds like a bad remix of "till I collapse"

rgmn.gif

rgmn.gif

Some crowd some atmosphere they were well into Slaughter House!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100544136@N07/At least I was awake!!

No wonder u didn't make the gig yourself having a cheap beer! SPUD!!!;);):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 megan313

but1er wrote: »
    how do you get thru 24 songs in 80 minutes wow

28 songs**

• Registered Users Posts: 23 megan313

To everyone saying he was "100% miming" - how many of you were 100% sober and 100% focused on the show the whole time? Not many i'm guessing. I was front row and I can 100% tell you that he wasn't miming. Yes, he had backing tracks for most of the songs which is understandable considering he played 28 and was also moving around the whole time, he's human, he needs to breathe. Also, Mr Porter missed out on a lot of the bits he was supposed to fill in so if there was no backing track it would have been so confusing to everyone that didn't know all of the words lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭bennyl10

megan313 wrote: »
    To everyone saying he was "100% miming" - how many of you were 100% sober and 100% focused on the show the whole time? Not many i'm guessing. I was front row and I can 100% tell you that he wasn't miming. Yes, he had backing tracks for most of the songs which is understandable considering he played 28 and was also moving around the whole time, he's human, he needs to breathe. Also, Mr Porter missed out on a lot of the bits he was supposed to fill in so if there was no backing track it would have been so confusing to everyone that didn't know all of the words lol

to say he played 28 songs is a tiny bit of a stretch.. he played PARTS of 28 songs..

I will say though, I've been to a fair few gigs and had a fair few amazing moments, but 'Lighters' is right up there with all of them, the view back form the pit was something you had to be there to bellieve..

Shady with tears in his eyes at the end said it all..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    I will say though, I've been to a fair few gigs and had a fair few amazing moments, but 'Lighters' is right up there with all of them, the view back form the pit was something you had to be there to bellieve..

Shady with tears in his eyes at the end said it all..

Really..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Some crowd some atmosphere they were well into Slaughter House!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100544136@N07/At least I was awake!!

No wonder u didn't make the gig yourself having a cheap beer! SPUD!!!;);):D:D

Some crowd?????? That video you posted makes it look like the most boring thing ever. Every single person I could see in that video is standing still, no arm waving, head bopping, nothing. That actually looks like some of them are being punished.

I was being sarcastic there!

This is it dead!! I was loving their set boppin on strong. I was way back would have loved to been that close.

Place was only filling up at that time, EarlWolf and Yelawolf were great! The place only got really packed by the time planb came on.

Most of the crowd were not hiphop fans and none of them really got into it until planb played!

Slane is not for hiphop!! Rock bands it should stick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Sir_Badshot

I was side stage working. Thought he was miming straight away.

Or he can really throw his voice very well, mic being 3 foot away from his mouth and perfect vocals....

btw- I was working and sober an seen enough of this stuff to spot a mime.

His voice was live but a constant a vocal backing track was present. Bloody Obvious when you stand next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I was side stage working. Thought he was miming straight away.

Or he can really throw his voice very well, mic being 3 foot away from his mouth and perfect vocals....

btw- I was working and sober an seen enough of this stuff to spot a mime.

His voice was live but a constant a vocal backing track was present. Bloody Obvious when you stand next to it.

Hmmmm...

How do we know you're not telling lies?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

What's the point in a backing track? Surely he knows the lyrics to his own songs? And if it was because he was dancing or whatever, why dance?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmmmm...

Eh it's the internet. Everyone here is on the up and up, my good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What's the point in a backing track? Surely he knows the lyrics to his own songs? And if it was because he was dancing or whatever, why dance?

He only knew the lyrics to about a third of all his songs if even :P

I was in the third row, there were definitely moments when he used the backing track and just mimed, unless his voice can carry the entire length of his arm and still sound the same as when beside his face..

The fact that yelawolf asked for the backing track to be turned off showed it;s possible to rap without one, and someone of em;s standard should be trying to at least!

I didn't pay 80quid to hear a fecking CD and the man i paid to see say one in every 15 words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I personally don't care if he was miming - it didn't change how good the concert was. Still enjoyed it ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DylanII wrote: »
    I personally don't care if he was miming - it didn't change how good the concert was. Still enjoyed it ...

I could have burned you all his albums for a 5er. Could have saved 75 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Is it really that hard to believe he was miming for a lot of the songs? For some people here it appears so. There were instances where the microphone was at arms length from his mouth yet he could be heard perfectly? Get a grip. I was there, I paid the full €80 and I enjoyed seeing Eminem in person but I'm not kidding myself or anyone else - he was - without a shadow of a doubt - miming for parts of his performance on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

80e for yelawolf plan b slaughterhouse earlwolf and chance is good anyway, I felt like I had got value for money before Eminem came on, it was a great day out to be fair.

Hmmmm...

Dont give two hoots buddy, PM me and I will fill you in.

Eh it's the internet. Everyone here is on the up and up, my good man.

Love it,

Edit- this was a great gig , no real talk to the audience vibe , but he milked the fact he was Eminem, it was a good 'show'. as a rocker, I enjoyed it, mime or not, it was a good fun gig and I dont want to take anything from it, good fun all round. It was a good buzz when he came on etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rappers having backing tracks is hardly uncommon, the reason for them is plainly obvious and Im pretty sure its been gone into already on this thread so not gonna spell it out again

To give another example, Pink sings live, Pink uses backing tracks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

kryogen wrote: »
    Rappers having backing tracks is hardly uncommon, the reason for them is plainly obvious and Im pretty sure its been gone into already on this thread so not gonna spell it out again

To give another example, Pink sings live, Pink uses backing tracks....

Yeah but pink does a whole acrobatics show too. Eminem walks a bit on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Yeah but pink does a whole acrobatics show too. Eminem walks a bit on the stage.

I'm sure you're joking, but, in case you're not, try singing/rapping along to these. You could do all the acrobatic moves in the world and you'd still sing the Pink song better.

• PrettyBoy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Si?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Even if he was miming, (i dont believe he was) i dont care. he is by far the best rapper in history imp and i had a fantastic day i only went to see Eminem not all the other rappers. The screens were out of sync loads of people are saying that.

Advertisement