Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rumours hes gonna play oxegen this year and also rumours that he might cancel this one.. surely the twittersphere just acting up again no chance of either i reckon.

Not a hope they would let him cancel Slane and then do Oxegen . Id be amazed if he does both. Can also see The Original Rudeboys on the bill somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WeUp

I would love to see Kendrick Lamar there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Ive never been to a gig before and i'm a mega Eminem fan. What are gigs like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

xXxkorixXx wrote: »

They are lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

any word on support yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 WeUp

xXxkorixXx wrote: »

Day long gigs like this are great, unreal day out with your mates. SHM will remain one of the best days of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sunny.d

I'm travelling up from Munster and have never been to Slane , will it be better to camp in Slane or get accomodation nearby in somewhere like Drogheda ? would have to get a bus then though any news on bus eireann or other buses going to/from Slane for the concert ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sunny.d wrote: »
    I'm travelling up from Munster and have never been to Slane , will it be better to camp in Slane or get accomodation nearby in somewhere like Drogheda ? would have to get a bus then though any news on bus eireann or other buses going to/from Slane for the concert ?
    I'm the same

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm the same

Fro munster, Kelly Travel will do a bus up to outside the venue and back for 30 quid :)
    Use them for every gig I go to.

How long is the bus trip?

• Advertisement

How long is the bus trip?
    About 2 hours id say

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see Chase and Status on the bill , since they are subbing him at Reading/Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

bennyl10 wrote: »
    About 2 hours id say

From Cork to Slane would be more like 3.5 hours. You might do it in 2 from north Tipp, but not from Cork city. Motorway all the way till Asnbourne though so it is a quick spin, only the last 15 miles is single roads.

Sunny.d wrote: »

You would be best staying in Drogheda then the bus over on the day. Goes from Drogheda bus station and you get back quick after the gig when you eventually get out of the grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

I can see Chase and Status on the bill , since they are subbing him at Reading/Leeds

Holy **** I'd love that. They where top at oxegen one of my favourite. Whats the story with slane people camp near the place do they? What would most people do for accom

• Registered Users Posts: 23 B99

Any more news on who's gonna be the support act?

B99 wrote: »
    Any more news on who's gonna be the support act?

I would venture a guess at Kendrick Lamar and Chase and Status, with Original Rudeboys to provide the Irish act which has to play Slane..

Also wouldn't rule out an appearence somewhere either in support or during Eminems set from 50 cent, Dre, slaughterhouse and Skylar..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 B99

I would venture a guess at Kendrick Lamar and Chase and Status, with Original Rudeboys to provide the Irish act which has to play Slane..

Also wouldn't rule out an appearence somewhere either in support or during Eminems set from 50 cent, Dre, slaughterhouse and Skylar..

Thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Id be well impressed if chase and staus supported:)
    Will there be alcohol served at the concert or is it even allowed?
    What time will it start and finish at?
    People reckon drogheda is best to stay for accomadation nearby?

Sorry jus never been to a concert of any kind so just wondering what the story is?

Id be well impressed if chase and staus supported:)
    Will there be alcohol served at the concert or is it even allowed?
    What time will it start and finish at?
    People reckon drogheda is best to stay for accomadation nearby?

Sorry jus never been to a concert of any kind so just wondering what the story is?

There will most definitely be alcohol, and a hell of a lot of it, just be warey of large ques and overcharged prices and have ID at all times cause MCD are stickers for it!:) only place you don't have alcohol is the academy at over15s gigs :)

Eminem himself I'd imagine will be on about half 8 nine to finish about half 10 11, as thats curfew for moist gigs here.

Drogheda would work, as would Slane, also Dublin bus will be running shuttle buses form the city to the gig, so accom is easy to come by :)
    Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Thanks benny 10 for info much appreciated.:)

Ill be coming from mayo so not sure what the plan is yet to be honest wether to stay in dublin for the night after or what!
    How long would it take the buses to get to dublin city after the gig?
    The thought of 60k+ drunk eminem fans is slightly intimidating!ha

• Registered Users Posts: 21 robbie3045

is there only 1 gate in to slane or dose it say on the ticket what gate to go in i was never in slane before ?

robbie3045 wrote: »
    is there only 1 gate in to slane or dose it say on the ticket what gate to go in i was never in slane before ?

theres no 'gates' persay.. just lots of entrance all going to the same place.. you find a que and join the end really

theres no 'gates' persay.. just lots of entrance all going to the same place.. you find a que and join the end really

dose it say on my ticket what que i know this sounds stuiped but its my first concert ?:)

robbie3045 wrote: »
    dose it say on my ticket what que i know this sounds stuiped but its my first concert ?:)

nope ticket only has numbers on it for counting purposes and so the promoters know numbers :)
    When you get to Slane, pick the shortest que you see and join the end of it:)

Ah it's grand, I work at events normally, it's kinda the common question :)

Picked a good choice for first gig :)

nope ticket only has numbers on it for counting purposes and so the promoters know numbers :)

I'm traveling from cork where's the best place too look for a hotel?meath drogheda Dublin?

I'm traveling from cork where's the best place too look for a hotel?meath drogheda Dublin?
    the D hotel or the westcourt hotel are a good place to stay there in drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Highly highly doubt dre will be there, you can rule that out. Im pretty sure kendrick is playing V festival in england on the 17th so I doubt he'll be there either sadly, I could be wrong though

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Highly highly doubt dre will be there, you can rule that out. Im pretty sure kendrick is playing V festival in england on the 17th so I doubt he'll be there either sadly, I could be wrong though

Kendrick could be V on the 18th, and even then he could make a support appearance at Slane and head over then, hardly what you'd call far away.

Would imagine the Orighinal Rudeboys are definites, especially with the Irish heavy Bon Jovi support.

Advertisement