Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche xmas present

Options
  • 12-12-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

My two little ones are leaving creche at Christmas because we are moving so want to get a leaving/xmas present. But what do you get that they can share? I'd say they already get loads of chocolates. What does anyone get as presents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

I've given a nice hand cream before because they have to wash and sanitize their hands so much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Pugins that's a great suggestion! I don't know if all the staff in our crèche would like perfume but I'm sure they'd all use hand cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

Do you get handcream for each staff member, there are about 7/8 between my kids' rooms

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got them biscuits and chocolates and I gave her primary carer who she was completely in love with a voucher because she was also going on maternity leave and so was I:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Why do they have to share it? We get each of the 6 staff a €20 One4All voucher for Xmas. Not as personal as an individual present, but it's awkward buying for 6 people together, as items they can all share do tend to be chocolates, etc.

We decided to do this because when we started in the creche 2 years ago, one of the parents decided to do an Xmas collection for all of the staff together - she wrote a letter to the parents asking them all to chip in, and the total raised was €690 - there are 20+ kids in the creche (+ Montessori), and we gave €100 out of the total raised! Doesn't quite seem balanced, so we decided to do our own thing going forward...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

There are great offers in boots at the moment on 3 for 2. They have lovely selections of nice hand & body creams etc. At least that way you could cut cost as every 3rd gift would be free. 7 is a lot to buy for so I would keep it small just a gesture to show your appreciation. I am lucky my kids are at preschool and play school so it's only 2 members of staff I have to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

Thanks for all the suggestions. Boots sounds like a great idea and maybe some chocolates anyway they've only been in the creche for 4 months since I went back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i work in a creche and i think all the girls always appreciate something each, even if it is small!! the amount of chocolate in the staff room is beyond disgusting!!

nice handcreams or bath stuff is always nice! boots 3 for 2 would be perfect! was in there today and they have lots for around 10euro, so buy 3 and pay for 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I also work in a crèche, recently I was give homemade chocolate chip cookies and an ornament. It was really nice to b thought of! If anything, I recommend lotions, my god my hands are so dry from the amount of times I wash and sanitize!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I also work in a creche, and the suggestion of hand creams is a winner. Our hands are constantly dried out, so hand cream for the room would be a thoughtful and useful gift all at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I got some nice small hand creams in M&S today on buy 1 get 1 50% off. It's a token gift but I decided to buy for all of the staff as they all look after my son at some stage during the day so it wasn't too expensive overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭shelly6

Scratch Cards or wine may also be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

There are 3 carers in our child rooms. I bought them a bottle of wine each. Next year Ill go with the hand cream idea - never thought of that!

Advertisement