If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

onkyo 515, denon 1713 or yamaha 473

Options
  • 12-12-2012 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi, what are the prices for above receivers incl delievery to Cashel?

i love denon desing, but onkyo has more features and yamaha is great all rounder imo.
    could you tell me if onkyo hdmi output issues are resolved now as this would me nr1?

i have ps51e6500 tv, ps3, will have bd-e6100 blue ray player soon so i am interested in good sound for my home cinema (blue ray, mkv files) hd tv, and music sometimes - disco/dance/pop. i have now also jamo 606 5.1 speakers (they have to stay) and onkyo 605. the reason i need new amp is 3d as old onkyo cant pass through 3d :(
    which one you would reccomend for my needs? or some other for similar price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Hi John,
    what about denon 2113 or yamaha 567 comparing to the ones from my first post? is there any signifficant difference?
    Do you think is much sound improvement over onkyo 605 i have atm? keep in mind that i have jamo 606 5.1 system speakers.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Hi, what are the prices for above receivers incl delievery to Cashel?

i love denon desing, but onkyo has more features and yamaha is great all rounder imo.
    could you tell me if onkyo hdmi output issues are resolved now as this would me nr1?

i have ps51e6500 tv, ps3, will have bd-e6100 blue ray player soon so i am interested in good sound for my home cinema (blue ray, mkv files) hd tv, and music sometimes - disco/dance/pop. i have now also jamo 606 5.1 speakers (they have to stay) and onkyo 605. the reason i need new amp is 3d as old onkyo cant pass through 3d :(
    which one you would reccomend for my needs? or some other for similar price?

Kris,
    thx for the post and here is the order of my preference (taking into account your two posts!)

1. Denon AVR2113 - £349.95
    2. Yamaha RXV573 - £349.95
    3. Denon AVR1713 - £269.95
    4. Onkyo TXNR515 - £299.00
    5. Yamaha RXV473 - £299.95

However saying that - these are actually ALL really good products and none of them have any issues - the 2113 does stand head and shoulders above the rest but the AVR1713 in my view is exceptional in terms of performance and value as it has just been reduced to £269.95.

Looking at the HDMI board issue which affected a small number of Onkyo receivers a few years ago - we don't see any evidence of this in the current generation - however again it was some time after production that this issue arose so we cannot be 110% - but I'd guess that after all the negative publicity surrounding this that if one manufacturer was to ensure that their HDMI boards were bulletproof - it would be Onkyo!

In terms of improvement over your older generation Onkyo - the 2113 or the 573 will blow it clear out of the water!

We have all the above in stock and ready to ship so just drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Hi John I'm interested in a home cinema receiver too and like the look of the Denon AVR1713 at that price. Could you recommend speakers to pair with it? I would like to keep the budget to €400.

(Sorry for hijacking OP ;) )

macgabhs wrote: »
    Hi John I'm interested in a home cinema receiver too and like the look of the Denon AVR1713 at that price. Could you recommend speakers to pair with it? I would like to keep the budget to €400.

(Sorry for hijacking OP ;) )

MacGabhs,

no problem and thanks for the oportunity to quote - at €400 it does not leave a lot for the speaker pack but we can do it with the Yamaha NSP20 5.1 pack including active Sub at €440 which is way less than the receiver was on its own before the prices were slashed!

Keep me posted,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,
    i limited my options to denon 1713 or 2113. now question is as i dont need 7.1, do i really need 4k upscalling now as this is the biggest difference for me between two of them now. what is your experience with upscalling on avr at all? is this is something i would miss on 1713? my sat receiver vu+ uno has good upscaller so has ps3 and bde6100 player and so has also my tv.
    looks like for me 1713 is perfect choice??

• Advertisement

Hi John i send you pm regarding order. could u please come back to me asap? thanks

MacGabhs,

no problem and thanks for the oportunity to quote - at €400 it does not leave a lot for the speaker pack but we can do it with the Yamaha NSP20 5.1 pack including active Sub at €440 which is way less than the receiver was on its own before the prices were slashed!

Keep me posted,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John thanks for the quote. Does the NSP20 pack include speaker cable? What would the damage be including delivery to Dublin and cable?

macgabhs wrote: »
    Hi John thanks for the quote. Does the NSP20 pack include speaker cable? What would the damage be including delivery to Dublin and cable?

MacG,

no problem and apologies for the delay getting back to you

The NSP20 is now £119.95 and delivery is £12.95 to Dublin

it includes about 25mtrs of speaker cable (pre cut) and a basic sub link

We have them in stock and ready to ship today for pre christmas delivery - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie or a PM with your contact details if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

MacG,

no problem and apologies for the delay getting back to you

The NSP20 is now £119.95 and delivery is £12.95 to Dublin

it includes about 25mtrs of speaker cable (pre cut) and a basic sub link

We have them in stock and ready to ship today for pre christmas delivery - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie or a PM with your contact details if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Email sent John speak to you later.

Hi, my denon 2113 arrived yesterday. great toy i must say :) great connectivity and so many new options comparing to my old onkyo. hope it will be as reliable as onkyo, which still works like a charm.
    next day after i made order the price changed on denon 2113 to 249.55 pounds (this price is simply unbelievable and cant understand how they can be so cheap) and now i am getting price match!!!

great site, great prices and great customer service !!! (just sometimes give them a call to speed up things as they are crazy busy now)

thanks John. Merry Christmas!!!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.