Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada visa?

Options
  • 12-12-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi im in the same position as everyone at the moment i have to get to Canada to work live.I firstly dont have a clue how and what to do about getting a visia for 2013 i know they will be issuing them in January.Im 28 and am a stonemason by trade i want to get out there early 2013.Any help would be great .Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emec

helpme23 wrote: »
    Hi im in the same position as everyone at the moment i have to get to Canada to work live.I firstly dont have a clue how and what to do about getting a visia for 2013 i know they will be issuing them in January.Im 28 and am a stonemason by trade i want to get out there early 2013.Any help would be great .Thanks.

All the visa information is here - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d
    They will release them in early Jan.

The moving 2 Canada website has some great information and explains the visas clearly http://www.moving2canada.com/
    Here is the Working holiday Visa page http://www.moving2canada.com/planning/working-holiday-visa-in-canada/

Dont book any flights till you have the visa, long delays last year so it could be March/April before you get one.

Sort your garda clearance now and you will also need police clearance from any country you have lived in for more than 6 months. Make sure your passport is in date, a year and 4 weeks from Jan at least.
    Then wait till the forms are released. Should be early Jan but no way of knowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

I'm a brickie and I'm heading out early Jan to sort a job etc. I rang a couple of numbers from job sites and they both said that as soon as I got the visa they would almost certainly have work for me.You being a stonemason will def have no bother getting a good job. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SqueakyClean

Does anyone know can you, or has anyone done this, apply for your work visa in Jan 2013 and then go out on a holiday visa, say in feb, and just wait until your work one comes through?

I've heard you can cross the border to States once you have your visa in order to activate it but I'm a little hesitant if it could backfire

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭helpme23

Well i hope so i cant wait to get there and get back to the way of living and feeling like there's no end of work not like here just not worth thinking off even getting out there to nearly beg for work.I would say there plenty of work for the stonemason and brickie i am just gonna get visa first and then make a plan to were to go and get set up.I know a few people going out as well.Canada for a new life is the only way for people like us been left to wallow in this mess.Shouldnt be hard to get sorted i hope.Cheers for the reply's

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ajen2012

Visa just out according to usit, I don't know anything about applying either but my Boyfriend went into USIT yesterday, dey wouldn't speak about the boss's as they said the application is available online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 shanem4422

Ajen2012 wrote: »
    Visa just out according to usit, I don't know anything about applying either but my Boyfriend went into USIT yesterday, dey wouldn't speak about the boss's as they said the application is available online
    i got that email also. looks a bit deceptive, looks to me like its actually usits programme to help you applying for the visa thats open, not the actual iec visa application process, checked the canadian embassy site and there is no word of any visas available yet

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Anyone applying for the Canadian Visa who has previously overstayed another visa?

Advertisement