Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RST Adventure

• 12-12-2012 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

Lads/Ladies

Tried one of these on yesterday and liked it. Santa says I can have one cause I've been a good boy this year.

Has anyone any experiences with RST gear? What level water proof are they? anyone had there gear for a while? do they hold up pretty well to a lot of use?

cheers

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I have the Paragon III gear and I drive everyday, in all weather and not a drop has gotten through and the gear is still in great nick. I've had the Paragon III gear about 4 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I have the Paragon III gear and I drive everyday, in all weather and not a drop has gotten through and the gear is still in great nick. I've had the Paragon III gear about 4 months.

Actually tried on the ParagonIII jacket as well but preferred the adventure.

Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have the RST gear also and its very good stuff for the money. I have the Paragon II series about 15mths now and its very good....stiching is starting to fray a bit on the bottoms but never let any water in and I ride 365 also.

Adventure Jacket has alot more pockets and vents in the jacket IIRC so it might not be best suited for the Irish weather...but RST as a whole very good.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have the RST gear also and its very good stuff for the money. I have the Paragon II series about 15mths now and its very good....stiching is starting to fray a bit on the bottoms but never let any water in and I ride 365 also.

Adventure Jacket has alot more pockets and vents in the jacket IIRC so it might not be best suited for the Irish weather...but RST as a whole very good.

would you see much of an issue with pockets and vents? i assume this is from letting in water/ cold?

Yeah I would TBH, the pocket in the paragon II are not great. They are flip over velcro where as the 1st series were fold over zips. Any break or seam in the jacket is a "weak point" so to speak. I would not get that jacket myself for the large tent pockets on the front alone. Unless you really need that particular jacket.

If I were you I would get something from the Hein Gericke range its currently 40% off unless its finished and I would say its better then the RST in quality, well the mid range stuff.

• Advertisement

I was looking at Hein Gericke but my problem is sizing!!!

Cant go into the local shop and try them on!

Sure a trip up to Belfast on the bike is great craic and its not far from Dublin to be honest. Where are you based?

Sure a trip up to Belfast on the bike is great craic and its not far from Dublin to be honest. Where are you based?

Limerick :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Limerick :p:p

lol, face palm :D

(sorry, couldn't resist)

LOL....thats why I asked. Sure Limerick to Belfast is like nipping out for a bottle of milk ffs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LOL....thats why I asked. Sure Limerick to Belfast is like nipping out for a bottle of milk ffs :rolleyes:

eye...up the top of the road hang a left...flat 20 minutes and your there!

cheers guys i think ill grab the RST Paragon III locally as they seem to be overall getting decent reviews online..

Well the Paragon II got best buy in the recent RiDE magazine for 2012 for the price. Also in there was the REV.IT and Hein Gericke Gear, in fairness you will not be dissapointed with the RST it does exactly what it says on the tin for the money. Try not to get the beige colour as it gets dirty real quick....black is your best bet for whats its worth. The amount of flys and **** and ****e that hit you even grey gets dirty!!!

Best of Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Had the Paragon jacket myself (til it was cut off me LOL) and I loved it, great jacket and I'll definitely be getting another one when I get back on the bike. The WP gloves I had were rubbish, leaked like a tea-bag at the hint of a shower. RST gear isn't bad in fairness. You could do worse.

Advertisement