Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you identify this Meath national school uniform? (Maybe Ashbourne?)

Options
  • 12-12-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

Have just signed up to Boards for this post. I had a job out to an Ashbourne pub in my Taxi last Sunday and the man I dropped out left a bag with his new iPad in the taxi. He had flagged me on the street on Dame Street so I have no contact details for him and I dont want to leave it into the local Garda station as unfortunately I know from past experience that they really never/rarely get to their owner that way.

Anyway, there were about 6 photos on the ipad, nothing else identifiable really. One of the photos was the photo below of what looks like a national school team. There is another photo of one of the girls posong individually with the cup which I dont want to post as I dont think its fair to her, but if I can find the national school in question I'm guessing its that girls father as he said he had girls so I can just drop the tablet into the school and let him collect it from there.

Does anybody know the uniform? Or maybe could anybody help me get this back to the owner? Its the iPad3 so very sore thing to lose so close to xmas!

Thanks

John the Taxi

232413.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

don't think that is any of the ashbourne national schools.. but could be wrong...

have you tried seeing if there is an apple id on the ipad that you could email..

go to: settings -> itunes & app stores . Apple id is at the top

or also check settings -> general -> about, as the owners name may be there.

Failing that... a call to the pub and ask if anyone was asking about a missing bag or had mentioned they left their bag in a taxi... worth a shot.

hope you find the owner

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sscul10

Hi John.
    It's not a school team but Donaghmore Ashbourne GAA. Not sure what age group but I can give you the number for the club house if that's any good to you? So nice to see you're being so honest about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

John I contacted Meath Crime prevention on facebook who put it up on their page alot of comments and somebody has confirmed its Donaghamore like the comment below.

You will see alot of comments on the page where u can get the persons email address eg The apple id of the owner is their email address. Go to settings/iTunes & app stores. There you will see address. Contacting the owner should be easy that way

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

johnt79 wrote: »
    Hi All

Have just signed up to Boards for this post. I had a job out to an Ashbourne pub in my Taxi last Sunday and the man I dropped out left a bag with his new iPad in the taxi. He had flagged me on the street on Dame Street so I have no contact details for him and I dont want to leave it into the local Garda station as unfortunately I know from past experience that they really never/rarely get to their owner that way.

Anyway, there were about 6 photos on the ipad, nothing else identifiable really. One of the photos was the photo below of what looks like a national school team. There is another photo of one of the girls posong individually with the cup which I dont want to post as I dont think its fair to her, but if I can find the national school in question I'm guessing its that girls father as he said he had girls so I can just drop the tablet into the school and let him collect it from there.

Does anybody know the uniform? Or maybe could anybody help me get this back to the owner? Its the iPad3 so very sore thing to lose so close to xmas!

Thanks

John the Taxi

232413.jpg

Fair play to you for being so honest:)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

John good to see it got sorted, fair play to you for being so honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

shannon82 wrote: »
    John good to see it got sorted, fair play to you for being so honest

Did it? Nice news if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Good stuff. I don't have a facebook account myself and for the most part hate the thing. But begrudgingly I'll admit that's a late consolation goal for Facebook.

We're heading into injury time with score
    Boards 5 - 2 Facebook :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Fair dues for the honesty lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

Have to say there are not many people like John left out there, a bit late on my behalf but fair play to you. Good man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement