Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Form Factor gaming rig - what ye think?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Looks like the case was designed to take a fairly long card.
    2500k cooler will work fine, same socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I built one of these awhile back (mATX)

Just gotta make sure you get all the measurements right.. I needed a special low profile cooller for my CPU, that was okay but it was a close call with the coolling fins on the ram and one of the heatsinks on the motherboard

Then I needed to remove the hard-drive and fan caddy because, even though I measured my graphics card just right, I didn't account for the cable to have to stretch across other components and jut a good inch or so out the back of the graphics card.

I didn't get a modular PSU either so it was quite a tight squeeze in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Just gotta make sure you get all the measurements right..

Will see that when parts arrive :D

Thanks for replies.

That's good to hear I can use old CPU cooler.
    There's 7cm clearance between PSU and CPU and Intel stock cooler is 6cm ish.

Tight it must be in overall, especially with non-modular PSU.. Will spend some extra time routing cables inside the case.

I think the biggest challenge will be to get good balance between heat and noise.

Advertisement