Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up own Business

Options
  • 12-12-2012 12:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37

Hi,

My name is Aaron Boyse, I am a 22 year old guy who is studying for my Degree from IT Carlow.

When I get my Degree, I'm thinking of setting up my own Business after it.

Anyone have any advice that I could use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭killiank

Hi,

My name is Aaron Boyse, I am a 22 year old guy who is studying for my Degree from IT Carlow.

Are you looking for advice on how to set up a business or on advice for a specific industry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 aaronboyse1990

On how to set up a Business in the Computer Industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

If it was me I'd be looking at continuing my studies. Business management or similar, or just go the whole hog and do an MBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭BigGrayKettle

I'd agree with DubTony in terms of continuing in education if you can, like a MBS in Marketing or Entrepreneurship. This would give you an insight into customer acquisition and strategic management of a small business. I wouldn't look to do an MBA though, as an MBA is corporate focused. Normally to do an MBA one needs something like 5-10 years industry experience at a management level or higher.

The other good thing about doing an MBS of some kind is you might get the opportunity to work on a business plan and get feedback on it throughout the year, as it is something you will need to do regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 first rate

Hi,

Are you looking for ideas on what sort of business to do as in what area to go into?

• Advertisement
Advertisement