Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaflet delivering in Charlesland

Options
  • 12-12-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I see that shower of bigots Youth Defence are delivering leaflets around Charlesland. I know yeah freedom of speech and all that but the stuff they put on leaflets a kid could pick up, shouldn't be coming in family letterboxes.
    Anyway we can ban them from the estate?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

IanL wrote: »
    I see that shower of bigots Youth Defence are delivering leaflets around Charlesland. I know yeah freedom of speech and all that but the stuff they put on leaflets a kid could pick up, shouldn't be coming in family letterboxes.

A No Junk Mail sticker on your door should cover them not putting stuff through your door. But it's not up to you to decide what goes through other people's doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Hadn't heard of them so googled. See what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭antoniolgj

IanL wrote: »

You mean, stop them to delivery to YOUR house... I really don't remember enacting you the guardian of my mail...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

Alright point taken, think a sticker saying no junk best bet. It's just they infuriate me so wasn't pleased to see their propaganda stuffed through my letterbox, not once but twice on the same day. I'll leave it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I am in the process of creating a "No junk mail, politicians or door sales" sign. The list just keeps getting bigger though. Sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

NO
    • Junk mail
    • Politicians
    • Charity clothes collections
    • "Genuine" art prints
    • Sponsored walks
    • Airtricity
    • Jehovah's Witnesses
    • Window or gutter cleaners
    • Avon ladies
    • Cleaneaze catalogues
    • Double-glazing salesmen

I'm watching you - don't touch my letterbox or doorbell unless you have a damn good reason.

tumblr_mbcphka9Ro1rea8y8o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

loyatemu wrote: »
    NO
    • Junk mail
    • Politicians
    • Charity clothes collections
    • "Genuine" art prints
    • Sponsored walks
    • Airtricity
    • Jehovah's Witnesses
    • Window or gutter cleaners
    • Avon ladies
    • Cleaneaze catalogues
    • Double-glazing salesmen

I'm watching you - don't touch my letterbox or doorbell unless you have a damn good reason.

tumblr_mbcphka9Ro1rea8y8o1_500.jpg
    Seems perfectly reasonable, don't you think, to be left alone in your own home without having to clear your front door of leaflets or justify your choice of energy or TV supplier to a sales rep?

Advertisement